“Good but No Fish for 1 Hour”

Popeye's on Lake Geneva
Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Friday nite fish fry and cold Lake Geneva beer was good. But, the kitchen lost our table's food ticket order and only after several waitress apologies did we finally eat. We weren't in a hurry but everything would have been rated higher other than that. Fried cod was very good and extra orders came out on time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The location was good, the service was really good, the food was below average. The prices are high.

I had a chicken caesar salad for $15. The chicken looked and tasted like it had been boiled. There were no grill marks at all - (I thought this was a BBQ place) and it didn't even taste like it had salt or pepper on it . Just rubbery white plain strips of chicken. The croutons were few and small. The lettuce was fresh, but drowned in the dressing - should have had the dressing on the side. The roll was old, cold and hard not edible. Didn't feel like finishing the salad.

WendyAF, Public Relations Manager at Popeye's on Lake Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hello,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking time to review our restaurant.

We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your salad. As we always do, we take pride in the service and dining experience we provide and are unhappy to hear your comments.

Please accept my personal apologies. Our chicken is, indeed, cooked on the grill so I am unaware of why it would seem "boiled". I will be sure to pass this information on to our kitchen staff so that they can make any necessary adjustments.

Again, my apologies and I sincerely hope that you will take the time to visit us again. If you do reconsider visiting our restaurant, please see the current manager on duty as we would like to address your concerns firsthand and show you that our restaurant is the place to dine when in Lake Geneva.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to share your thoughts with the community!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dinner in this lake shore restaurant with family after a full day's activity was delightful. Quality of food was excellent and service staff was very helpful in selection. A very good experience. A little bit on the expensive side.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been a fan of Popeyes on Lake Geneva for about 25 years. The staff, food, atmosphere and view have all been exceptional. Except for my recent visit. It was my birthday and since Popeyes had given me a coupon to use for my birthday we decided to take the one hour and ten minute drive to have dinner there. Being a Saturday night and knowing they serve Prime Rib was a plus for me. Once I ordered "medium rare" the server came back to tell me that they only have "med well & well" prime rib available, but if I wanted "med rare" I could wait the 20 min. For it to be slow roasted to my liking. We decided to wait. No Problem? It came to me in just 10 minutes and was extremely Rare. So I told my server and she took it back only to return with the same piece that they either microwaved or threw in a pan to over cook it. Again I told my server who offered me 1/2 off. At this point I was just annoyed and said what ever.
I feel they should have cut me a new piece and not just over cooked my original piece. Plus the manager on duty should have in the very least addressed my problem with me not with the server standing 5 feet away from me. Very poor customer service at this point.
Will I go back? Sure but I will never order the Prime Rib again. They should have been better prepared to serve their Saturday Special. So disappointed!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Popeyes on the lake has the best rotisserie chicken! We are little disappointed that they discontinued serving baked potatoes and haven't said the reason. Busy dinner times, especially summertime there is sometimes a wait. Bar inside and this summer there was outdoor seating available. Family friendly too!