“Nice family restaurant and great location”

Popeye's on Lake Geneva
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

There's a little of everything on the menu. Had the blackened whitefish...excellent! Location is ideal and ambiance is happening.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I live about 30 min.from Popeyes and have been there a number of times.This place used to be good about 10 years ago.Overpriced, poorly prepared food.The inside of the restaurant has some nice views,but that is it. You can stand on the sidewalk and look at the lake,go to Culvers and have a better tasting,freshly prepared meal.I took some friends there from out of town about 6 months ago and went there for absolutely the last time.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went their during Lake Geneva's Octoberfest for lunch. Great Octoberfest menu and ordered brats which were quite delicious. The spinach/artichoke dip delcious, and also the rotisserie chicken! The kids had a pizza and grilled cheese from the childrens menu! Had a great time and the restaurant was very accommodating for the kids! Would go back again. Also were able to watch the college football games and had a lake view as well!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've been coming to Lake Geneva since high school (20 years). I've eaten at Popeye's countless times. This past visit was less than I've remembered. The calamari had way too much salt and breading. The onion rings were old and again, way over breaded. I wonder if there were even onions in a few of them. The King Crab Legs were very, very bland and watered on the inside. Their chicken remained amazing as it's always been - along with the soup. The atmosphere here is what would bring me back, but the food would send me elsewhere...as it did the rest of the weekend.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Popeyes had great food and service. I tried the Door County Mushroom Swiss burger. It was one of the best burgers I have ever had, and I recommend it. Great views of the lake from our table. I recommend the banana cream pie.