“REAL ICE CREAM !”
Review of Scoops

Scoops
Ranked #2 of 7 Dessert in Lake Geneva
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Waffle cone is pretty huge even with one scoop,Fast service,friendly young people manning the counter,good prices !!

There are newer reviews for Scoops

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This place came recommended by a tour guide we had. My daughter tried 2 flavors and ordered. While my husband ordered his ice cream, I tried a flavor that I didn't care for. I asked to try another and was immediately told, "just so you know ma'am that is your last one." Really, $15 for ice cream, tried 2 flavors, no one else in the place, and attitude? Luckily I liked the second flavor I tried. I understand limiting, but the attitude was uncalled for. The ice cream was pretty good, but we preferred the other place in town for their fresh waffle cones.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Scoops has "Chocolate Shoppe" Ice Cream, which is some of the best around. IMO, Scoops has more and better flavors than Kilwins, and is always less crowded. They have a nice outdoor seating area that has a view of the lake, and the staff are really friendly. You don't feel cramped like you do in Kilwin's. (I like Kilwin's too, I just prefer Scoops).

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I really do not care for ice cream much but was hooked after the first day. So many great ingredients mixed into their flavors and the staff was really friendly and fun. Great location, can eat and see the water.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped today at Scoops based on multiple positive Yelp reviews that popped up on my smartphone (though when I stopped to write a review, I noticed not so many reviews yet here at Trip Advisor, where I usually check reviews from my home pc...so I thought I'd leave a review here to help others who also frequent this site).

We tried 3 flavors - "strawberry", "turtle" and some type of coffee/toffee flavor (forget the exact name).

One scoop alone, and two others in a chocolate waffle cone...total out-the-door just over $10.

Overall quite good ice cream and generous sized scoops. Their Strawberry ice cream seems roughly similar to the same flavor/quality in Haagen Dazs. The Coffee/Toffee like flavor seems roughly similar to Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. I don't eat enough Turtle ice cream to identify and similarities - but again quite good, sorry for not being able to provide a comparable big name version. Waffle cones can be hit or miss, I found these were good enough to order again since they added a nice complement to the flavors without being overpowering.

We would be happy to stop here again in the future when we are in the area and need an ice cream fix. This ice cream definitely tastes better than just grabbing a pint of premium ice cream out of the freezer - maybe it's the temperature is just right or something, or maybe their quality is just plain better - but since we avoid the temptation of pints of ice cream in the freezer anymore, if we go out to buy ice cream (and pay as much for one scoop as we could at the store for one pint...which we kind of expect to do anyplace that's good since they are making their living on just selling ice cream, after all), then it had better be really Good ice cream!

Since we haven't tried it yet, I can't comment on the other ice cream shop in Lake Geneva that a fellow reviewer mentioned. However, we found both of these two ice cream shops were within around 50 steps of each other. So, if you're hungry enough, or have a friend who is game, it would be easy enough to try a scoop at both places so you can decide for yourself. Enjoy!! :)