“Location is the best”

Speedo's
Ranked #73 of 96 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Bkfst and Lunch place near the Lake. Average food. Run by former mayor of Lake Geneva who has more clout than taste.

There are newer reviews for Speedo's

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews and wonder if we were at same restaurant. We were party of 4. Two of us got the brat, one got the Reuben and one the walleye sandwich. Maybe it's luck of the draw. My husband loved his walleye; the Reuben was good and so were brats. You do have to pay $1 more for fries but they were plentiful for us. I agree that outside someone did drop an order but not for us. I also had asked about grilled onions on brat (seems to be a no no in WI) but waitress asked chef to do it anyway . Possibly we waited for food but we weren't in a rush and god all came out hot. Only bad thing: pickles seemed small. This is not an "elite" restaurant for sure but if you want it for quick lunch while waiting for boat tour, I say give it a try. Highly recommend it over Popeyes.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We went to wind down from the day and sat outside. We had two different waitress and we had to wait long periods of time to get the two drinks we ordered. As we were sitting there the owner was sitting at a table near us, We had to sit our entire visit over hearing the owner yelling at a waitress whom made a mistake over charging a customer in the day hours, The owner then went on to pull the tape roll and continue to speak very loud about this. We would of loved a nice night having a drink This did not happen.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Located right across the street from Geneva Lake with outdoor seating. We were there in the off season so service was not an issue and we had very good sandwiches. It is pretty small but decorated with a fun nautical/fishing theme. Because it is right across from the main pier and public beach I would guess it might be crazy busy in the summer which probably affects the food & service.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We went to an event at the lakefront and we were very hungry. Speedos was a great location. Had high hopes since it was pretty packed. The service was slow. The food was TERRIBLE. We got a BLT with one piece of bacon crumbled up and a perch dinner ($16.00) it was more breading than fish. Please do not go here!!! I wish I didn't leave my phone in the car so I could have checked the tripadvisor reviews and wasted my time and money!!!