“Excellent find off the beaten path” 5 of 5 bubbles

Foley's Irish Woods
Ranked #35 of 94 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Irish, Pub, American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent find off the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

So glad we stopped in for dinner. My husband and I both had the corned beef special, which was fresh, tasty, and so perfectly tender that I could cut the meat with a fork. Combined with the excellent, friendly service and the cold Wisconsin brews, I'm in post-meal bliss! We will definitely be back next time we're in the area.

Woodstock, Illinois, United States
“Consistently Good!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Corned Beef Special is as good as it gets. The carrots are tender and sweet, the Corned Beef is lean and tender, but not over-cooked to mushy, and the potatoes are perfect. Service was accurate and quick, and we were taken care of with smiles and attention. They have Smithwicks on tap and it just doesn't get any better!!!!

The restaurant area is completely different from the bar area, being is airy and light, with lots of wood and limited but adequate seating.

I don't understand any of the negative reviews on some of the search result sites (i.e.; Yelp). I went for the Corned Beef and Cabbage special tonight and as soon as we walked in we were asked if we wanted to eat in the bar or if we were there for the restaurant. My Restaurant.com certificate was used without any hesitation or delay.

Just read and be aware of the conditions for certificates and you won't have problems or disappointments. Present them immediately and if you're in the bar, you'll be told that you need to be in the restaurant!

• Visited October 2013
“An Irish Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Take a ride out of town and stop to see Foley. He has a great Irish pub a few miles away from down town lake geneva. Pours a perfect pint of Guinness and has great burger to go with it. There is also a dining area in the back that he added on a few years ago. Beatiful addition. Challenge Foley to the ring toss game...good luck!

• Visited June 2013
chicago
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our first time to Foley's. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very cozy. The service was quick and efficient.
Having spent 2 weeks in Ireland, it was great to get Irish
type cuisine. Our food was delicious!! We would definitely go back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank 3hapitravelers
Palatine, Illinois
“Good food. Lacked atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The food at Foley's was pretty good, however, I feel the menu was very limited. There was approximately 5 or 6 entrees to choose from with 2 specials I believe. The waiter was great.
I just don't think I would go there again. Food was good, not great!

• Visited March 2013