“A hidden gem”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Drive a mile out of town and you will find one of the best bargains in the area. The food is excellent and is not your typical bar food. Great drinks in a very nice pub experience.

3  Thank Tom H

Reviewed February 21, 2013

The menu goes beyond pub fare but this local institution is at its best in that catagory. Value- how about a Lamb Shank dinner for under 12 bucks. It is outstanding! Great Irish Pub atmosphere. A true family run restaurant where everyone pitches in to make it all work. They make the customer feel feel like part of the family.

2  Thank Colter69
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I went to Foley's Irish Woods Valentines Weekend and we fell in love. the restaurant itself is very cozy and welcoming. We sat by the fireplace and loved every minute of it. Our server was very informative and helpful. When we got our food we were amazed at the presentation. Very clean and beautifully put together. I had the steak and I have to say it was the best steak I have ever had in my whole life and I have had many steaks in my day. My wife had the pork chop and it was just as good. We will definitely be back... More people need to take advantage of this amazing restaurant. Worth the drive out of town to say the least

1  Thank lljjw
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived at 5:20pm on a Saturday and they were not yet ready for guests.
We had two people who wanted food from the bar menu and two who wanted food from the restaurant menu. They didn't want to allow us to order from the different menus, but after a few questions, they allowed it. We should not have done this. First, the food from the bar menu (burger, pizza) came very quickly and was just okay. Our food from the restaurant menu came 45 minutes later when two people in our party were obviously done eating for a long time.
The restaurant menu is very limited. Half dozen items at most. I had the pork chop and it truly was excellent. May have been the best pork chop I have had. My daughter had the steak which was also great.
If you go, either eat in the bar with bar food, or eat in the restaurant and be prepared for very slow service, but great food if you like the 5 or 6 options on their menu.

1  Thank Augie1966
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a selection of fried foods, burgers and beer. The oil tasted a bit old but didn't interfere with the enjoyment of the meal. There was plenty of room for a large family group and the bar had a jolly atmosphere on the Saturday if Presidents' Day weekend,

1  Thank sjaron23