“Great bagels”
Review of Boatyard Bagel Co. - CLOSED

Boatyard Bagel Co.
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We strive to enhance your dining experience with the use of organic and all natural breakfast ingredients, organic salad ingredients and sandwich condiments. Stop by for breakfast or lunch, served all day long. Offering a truly authentic, 100% organic kettle-boiled bagel is our mission! Try one today with one of our unique homemade organic cream cheeses! We make our soups daily from scratch and proudly serve Boar's Head Meats and Cheeses and Intelligentsia Coffees and Teas.
“Great bagels”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with the menu selection. What a fun atmosphere and great bagels. Try the spicy cream cheese if you're up for it. We'll definitely be back to try again!

Trevor, Wisconsin
“Very tasty & different sandwiches”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife, son and I stopped here after hiking a section of the Lake Geneva Lakeshore trail. The variety is very nice - it is so great to find a place with different sandwiches. I also love the fact that they have San Pellegrino fruit drinks, which is so much nicer than just fountain drinks (they have those too). I had the crow's nest on a toasted sesame seed bagel. Very yummy. My wife enjoyed the Anchor very much. The barrelman (corned beef, coleslaw, swiss) was my daughter's choice and after stealing a bite, I may have to try than one myself another day.

• Visited September 2012
“Amazing...”
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Liking to give "a new place" 3 trys before/if I decide to comment/report opinion of experiences. This is no longer "the new place"...I believe it is now a year and a half in existence..."to go order... sauce on the side...SIMPLE REQUEST...follow through with delivery and execution seems impossible, if not painful"?..so much potential to be not only "amazing" (isn't that a current buzz word? for anything and everything?) even more important ... Successful & In a League All of its Own...Interesting & Creative Menu, Quality ingredients, Unique atmosphere/decor/ambience...what is the problem?..know it's not the $...My guess Chef Gordon Ramsey would not be so kind and would report to "Shape Up or in true nautical theme...Ship Out"! Maybe it is just a hobby or a write-off...(?) What a shame it could be so much more than just... amazing!?

Tinley Park, Illinois
“Amazing bagel sandwhiches”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Love the unique selections and variety. The wait in the morning was super long for a grab and go place 20min. We had hoped to get our food in time to eat it while we watched the Memorial Day parade. I missed the parade while getting our food while my husband saved our space on the parade route, bummer.

• Visited May 2012
Chicago
“Amazing Sandwiches”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Boatyard Bagel is a recent addition to Lake Geneva's plethora of food-related mainstreet shops. It is conveniently located across the street from Caribou Coffee on the main drag. My wife and I decided to eat here after recieving numerous recommendations.

We walked down main street for a while, then entered the cafe/restaurant/bagelhaus. I was not sure what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. Many Lake Geneva restaurants maintain stuffy and outdated interiour decoration, but Boatyard Bagel, obviously brand new, had an incredibly trendy and rustic feel, a combination of a classic hipster cafe with the Chicago Intelligentsia edge to it. Speaking of which, Boatyard sells Intelligentsia pour-overs, something you will not find anywhere else in LG (I heard there is a new cafe in Williams Bay that does pour overs, but hey, its not LG).

There was a massive line at the register and we waited about fifteen minutes. We decided to try the pour-over, a poppyseed bagel, toasted, with banana nutella cream cheese, and a Big Kahuna sandwich.

The coffee was, of course, delicious. The poppyseed bagel was incredibly unimpressive. The workers had failed to toast the bagel, as we had requested, and appeared and tasted a bit stale. The nutella banana cream cheese was delicious, but the bagel was a bit scantily clad with the delicious condiment. There wasn't enough on there. The highlight was the Big Kahuna. The bagel sandwich included soy fried egg, ham, pineapple, and was served on an incredibly fresh and delicious everything bagel. However, we had ordered an asiago cheese bagel, but no matter. The bagel on the sandwich was far superiour to the monotone solo poppyseed bagel. Bagel, bagel, bagel.

This place is great. I love the atmosphere and the sandwiches and the coffee. Service was average, the clerk seemed super pumped to be working there (please note heavy sarcasm) and most likely thought she was a superior human being based on her vague sentences and even increasingly vague facial expressions and body language. Either that, or she was a hipster. I recommend sticking with a sandwich, each one is around $7.25 and incredibly creative. The drinks selection is also very good, they carry things like blood orange pellegrino and the like.

• Visited July 2012