I stay in this area quite often for work and frequently stay at The Cove. We get a good corporate rate but I am now prepared to pay extra to stay at another hotel. Why? The facility and service continues to deteriorate.
I have always been frustrated by:
- The 10 minute check-in process caused by the fact that computer system does not retain
- The great location (right across the street from Lake Geneva) that is offset by the outdated
furnishings, stained carpets and barely serviceable appliances
- The wireless system is very weak (many rooms cannot access)
- The fitness room is a joke (very old equipment that never works)
During last week's stay there were a myriad of misteps that increased my frustration:
- The TV remote didn't match the TV so it didn't work
- They never sent someone to the room to rectify as promised
- No plastic bags in any of the trash cans
- When I went to check-out in the morning there wasn't anyone working the front desk so I
couldn't get a copy of my bill
They stated that they are transitioning to New Management. I hope that the New Management Team will invest in the property and upgrade their systems. I realize that this is primarily a "resort" property but they might want to make a few upgrades to attract and retain year-round patrons (aka "revenue") as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the stunning shoreline of Geneva Lake and in the heart of town, The Cove of Lake Geneva is the ideal hotel for everything from girls shopping getaways and family vacations to romantic weekends and business travel. Guests will find exceptional comfort in our all-suite resort featuring the areas most exclusive setting, all within walking distance to Lake Geneva’s main attractions.The Cove proudly offers 222 spacious suites complete with all the amenities you need for an exceptional stay. Our all-suite resort features fully equipped kitchens, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and spacious balconies or patios. Guests may choose from a variety of room suite options to suit your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cove of Lake Geneva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Of Lake Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Cove Lake Geneva
- Lake Geneva Cove
- The Cove Lake Geneva Wi
- Cove Hotel Lake Geneva