“Fantastic time!”

Cove of Lake Geneva
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The best weekend getaway our family (mom, dad, 12 year old daughter and 16 month old son) has had to date! The staff was super friendly! Let us check in early and had a high hair ready in the lobby for our baby from an emailed request I made a few days before. Lake Geneva was beautiful and we all had a wonderful time walking around the town and poking around the shops. The pool was nice and big and warm enough for the baby. But we mostly hung out in our fabulous hotel room with a dining room table where we could play cards and just spend time together as a family. Mom loves to cook so we actually used the cute little kitchen quite a bit. The master bed was big enough for all of us to cuddle and watch cartoons in. It really was such a nice relaxing getaway for our usually very busy family! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Fenwaygillespie
GenevaHos, Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva! It gives me great pleasure to hear what exceptional customer service that you received and that you were able to have a most enjoyable weekend away. We pride ourselves on having Lake Geneva's largest indoor pool and always try to keep it at eighty four degrees. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed at the cove for a night get away. rates were very good and room was excellent. very large rooms with many amenities. only negative was we were told about a wine and cheese tasting that was to take place and it was canceled. would however recommend the cove to friends and would come back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard G

It gives me great pleaure to thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva! We pride ourselves on our spacious, well equipped suites, our amazing downtown Lake Geneva location, and our amenities and it is nice to hear that you enjoyed everything that we have to offer. We look forward to serving you again in the future and thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had a very nice stay in the Anchor suite, very nice, clean room with kitchen, fireplace, 2 tvs & living room. Everything in the room looked new & clean, nice view from the balcony and very nice pool & arcade. Very nice look to the place and close to the lake & downtown lake geneva. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit lake geneva to enjoy the lake, dining and shopping which are all within walking distance. Very affordable, cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GenevaHos, Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all of our amenities, especially the game room and Lake Geneva largest indoor pool. We pride ourselves on our spacious, well appointed suites and have six other suite types available besides the anchor suite that you enjoyed on your most recent visit. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We love The Cove for a getaway location which is only 1 hour 40 minutes from our home in Naperville, IL. They have large, clean rooms, kitchenettes, jacuzzis, workout rooms, large pool, etc, and it is a very short walk to the lake, restaurants, and the downtown area. Our current trip was mid-week to celebrate my wife's 65th birthday. We were able to have dinner in two of our favorite restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: We have no specific tips; all of our stays have been in comfortable rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave F

Thank you for choosing the Cove of Lake Geneva to celebrate your wife's 65th birthday. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all of our amenities as well as our spacious, well appointed suites. We pride ourselves on our amazing walk to everything Lake Geneva has to offer location and we greatly look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

During our check in, we were told that they overbooked our room and ended up offering us two different rooms which were not even close together. We also had two small children with us. The room was already paid for and we reserved a specific type of room, which we ended up not getting. They simple told us that they "overbooked" the room. When we asked to speak with a manager, we were told that there was no manager on duty. We then asked for them to call the manager as we wanted to speak with him or her -- and they would not reach out to the manager to get the situation resolved. They simply did not care. What kind of hotel does not have management on duty? We travel quite often and have stayed in many types of hotels, but this one tops the list as the worst -- does not matter that the location is excellent...the customer service is poor. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank familyfromchgo

I greatly apologize for the inconveniences that we caused you while visiting Lake Geneva. We pride ourselves on our great customer service, well appointed, spacius suites, and amazing downtown Lake Geneva location but occassionally errors do slip by. It is unfortunate that we were unable to accomodate you in the suite that you originally reserved and I do apologize that the accomodations that we had for you were unacceptable for your party. It is unacceptable to me the lack of customer service that you received and the lack of management that was available to resolve your issue. It is my hope that you will accept my deepest apologies and allow the Cove the opportunity to regain your confidence. It would be my pleasure to personally handle any upcoming travel reservations you need for the Cove and ensure that your family is well taken care of on an upcoming stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to assist you. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Arrived around 5pm on 11/3. Parked and came into a nice lobby. Check in was easy. Instructed to park by entrance #4 with the green awning. There was an intrance 4 but no green awning and once inside took the elevator and saw that it was supposed to be entrance 5. Moved my car and all was well. Once inside, the smell of the room was so bad. I almost called for a room change. Wondered if I was mistakenly placed in a smoking room since this is Wisconsin and they still allow that here. But I stayed. Upon review of the room it felt like I was walking into a 70's Motel 6. The bedspread was ugly, there was one small chair in the living area that was a mustard color. I was going to sit but it was weirdly wet. The sofa was a golden brown and square one that had sunken in cusions that looked as if they had never been cleaned. It smelled like old furniture. The kitchenette was clean, well stocked and tidy. Everything worked. But the smell! I opened the sliding door and it helped. Later that evening, after I got settled in, I browsed through the hotel catalog to order room service, there was none. And no fitness area. Hmph! And there was no restaurant directory. I went down to the bar for "happy hour" (free glass of wine and a cheese platter) and asked the bartender for suggestions. I ended up ordering a delivery pizza.
I sat on the rickety sofa and decided to knit while i browsed tv (a luxury for me) so I pulled the blanket and pillows out of the closet and that blanket! It smelled of old fried food and dirty socks. So gross I couldn't use it. I went to the bedroom and set up in there. Fortunately the bed there was fresh. It was right by the door and my room was a corner one by the elevators.
As I cleaned up for the night, I noticed I was out of toothpaste. I called the front desk and they did not have toiletries for their guests. Said I could buy a tube from the gift shop but they were sold out. Ugh!
My second night, about 2:30am, the elevator stuck (open, ding, close; open, ding, close) for about 2 hours. I tried to call the desk but no answer. I don't know how it eventually unstuck. But made for a sleepless night.
The room had no pen or paper, no welcoming appeal nothing.
Check out was quick but no receipt.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank janet r

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your most recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva I apologize for the potent odor in the suite that you occupied. I wish that we would have been notified of the issue immediately as we are a completely non-smoking facility and would have done our best to accomodate you in a "fresher" suite. We have seven different suite types and each unit is individually decorated and furnished. I am confident that we could have found you a suite with a non-potent smell that would have suited your tastes. We do have a fitness center available daily from 7am until 11pm that is accross from the indoor pool area and apologize that you were unable to find the information in your guest directory. We do have a gift shop available 24 hours per day for any items that you may have forgotten and we keep it stocked to the best of our ability. Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and know that we take all of our customer experiences very seriously. It is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was looking for a hotel close to the lake and The Cove sure sounded great, not only for location, but also for room size and price. Well, I learned once again that you get what you pay for. What was most disappointing were the hallways and elevators . . . seemed old, rundown, and not clean. The room was OK, but the fireplace did not work that night. The bed location in the Anchor Suite was not in a "friendly" location. The hotel front desk also seemed somewhat cold and unfriendly, although the staff were all friendly and helpful. Overall, I would rate The Cove as average at best.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank GuyfromOhio

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva. We take all of our customer feedback very seriously. I apologize that you found the common areas to feel dirty and run down. I am glad that you found your suite in ok condition and found most of the staff to be friendly and accomodating. I apologize that your fireplace was not operational, but we could have probably fixed it had we known or accomodated you in a different suite so that you would have been able to enjoy this amenity. It is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the near future.