“Loved the Cove”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Carpentersville, Illinois, United States
“Loved the Cove”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were impressed by the overall amenities of the Cove. We loved that we were able to walk to the downtown area. We were happy with the room size and impressed with the kitchen area. ee loved the wine and cheese from 5-7pm. We would suggest getting new mattresses for the bed. Also you should remove the cloudiness from the indoor pool. We were not able to see the bottom of the pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank StephanieMatthias
GenevaHos, General Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding your stay at The Cove of Lake Geneva! We are so glad you enjoyed our awesome location downtown and spacious suites. I am so happy you also took advantage of our Wine & Cheese Hour! I am sorry the mattress was not comfortable during your stay. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to serve you in the near future.

Jordan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Greendale, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We returned for a second time because of the special price. The room was clean but the service needs work as the room was not ready upon arrival for the second time. The keys did not work for the second time. The end price ended up being higher then the first time with all th extra fees.
The price was almost double the advertised price. It will be our last time to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank RICHARD Y
GenevaHos, Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your most recent visit to the Cove of Lake Genva. We take all of our customer feedback very serious. I apologize for the issues that you had with your keys on your most recent visit. I am glad that you found your suite clean, but I am not sure what you mean when you state that the suite was not ready at your time of arrival. We have all suites ready for check in at our check in time of 3pm. We do our best to accomodate early arrivals, but this is sometimes just not possible. Thanks again for your feedback and it is my hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Being able to walk to everything is a very nice amenity. The hotel however needs a bit of TLC. The common areas are a bit run down and the furnishings in our our suite were a bit dated and worn. Overall, hotel was average.

Room Tip: We stayed in a bella loft suite. All sleeping accommodations are open (no privacy). If you seek pr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JennyDiaz
GenevaHos, Public Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your stay at The Cove of Lake Geneva! We are glad you love our awesome location in downtown! We realize updates are needed and are looking into changes in the coming year. Thanks again for the feedback!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a 3 generation Girls mini vaca: Grandma, Aunt, Mom and Toddler. i'm sorry, i can't remember who was so helpful in making our reservation (Megan??), but we got a great rate for a wonderful suite that was just perfect for us. the suite was gorgeous, meticulously clean, so comfortable - we loved it!! The pool was so fun and clean, everyone that we encountered was so friendly and helpful!! Wonderful, fabulous, so fun!! We'll be back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurie L
GenevaHos, Public Relations Manager at Cove of Lake Geneva, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your most recent stay at The Cove of Lake Geneva! We are so glad you and your family had a fabulous time! I am happy to hear the staff was friendly and helpful! Thanks again for posting feedback and we hope to see you very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My children and I got the best treatment ever from the staff at the front desk pool was nice room was a loft world pool tub was good but the restaurant that is connected with the hotel was another story don't waist your time or money I would most def stay at the cove again

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Shell59812342
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your stay at The Cove of Lake Geneva! I am so glad the front desk staff was warm and welcoming! We are glad you loved the whirlpool and loft! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

SIncerely,
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

It has been a couple of years since my last visit but can honestly say that it has gone even more downhill from then. The place is run like "Animal House". When you complain to the front desk about extremely loud noise all night , filthy conditions in the rooms or anything, you get a shoulder shrug and a weak appology. There is not manmagement on premise ( at least that is what you are told) and no one contacts you about the problems experienced. They love to advertise cheap prices and there is a very valid reason why. No one stays there after the first experience.
On our last visit, there were guests ( at least wqe think they were) drunk and sitting in the children's wading pool on pool chair drinking beer. The laguage was foul and we had to leave so that our child was not exposed to it. Kids having races int he hallways at 10:00 at night and loud drunk people partying in the halls until 4:00 in the morning.
NEVER AGAIN will we stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Jimc82
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent visit to the Cove of Lake Geneva. I greatly apologize on behalf of our other guests and for the lack of customer service that you received. I cannot believe that anyone would leave their children unattended to race down the hallways expecting the Cove staff to attend to them and I apologize greatly that this is what your experienced. We love to cater to families and we do not allow any beverages in any pool, so I apologize that this was overlooked by the staff as well. It is my hope that you will accept my sincerest apologies and give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the very near future.

Travelers are raving about these Lake Geneva hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I chose the cove to host my friend's bachelorette party at our most recent visit. Upon arriving and checking in, we asked for a luggage cart to carry all of our bags and supplies to our room (I'm 5 months pregnant and didn't want to lug it all). The young woman at the desk looked at me as if I was stupid to ask for one and said "we don't have anymore, it's check-in time". Yes, I know it's check-in time. That's what I'm doing and that's what I need it for. She informed me quite rudely that they were all being used and offered no other alternative. Once we arrived to our suite, it was nice and what we expected. Until I went into the kitchen. I had called earlier in the week asking if the room I had booked had a full kitchen as I was preparing food for our party gusts. I was told yes it had a full kitchen. Well we didn't have an oven or even a coffee maker. I called down to the front desk asking for one. I was told by the same rude woman that she would send one up. One hour later I went down to the front desk asking for a coffee maker yet again. She told me they ran out. (THEY RAN OUT? HOW DO YOU RUN OUT OF COFFEE MAKERS?!?!) she didn't bother calling out room to tell us that, I had to wait an hour and go find her! I asked to speak to the manager (apparently she JUST left). Then the woman told me she would call me and see what she could do to find one.....TWO hours later I call down to the desk (again she didn't call) and I was told there weren't any coffee machines. I said I'd like to be credited $15 to my card because that's the amount of money I'd have to go spend at Starbucks on coffee. She then immediately said she would find me one and a maid came to our room 15 minutes later with one. I was incredibly surprised at how rude the staff was. Terrible terrible customer service.

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank Cmmichels13
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your most recent stay with us at the Cove of Lake Geneva. We take all of our customer feedback very seriously and I greatly apologize for the lack of customer service that you received on your most recent stay. I cannot believe that one of our associates told you that we were out of coffeemakes and that no one offered to assist you with your luggage. We do have six luggage carts, but we know that they are hard to come by at check in time. The front desk associate should have offered you the many solutions that we have to this reoccuring issue and I apologize that she did not. I am glad that we were finally able to accomodate you with a coffee maker and I apologize that it took numerous calls to the front desk for such a simple item. It is my hope that you will accept my sincerest apologies and give us an opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.