“Very Pleased with this Hotel”
Review of Bella Vista Suites

Bella Vista Suites
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I am a very experienced traveler, both for business and leisure. Stayed one night in a one bedroom suite and was very pleased with the accommodations. I was impressed with how modern the room was with two flat screen tv's, up to date bathroom with jacuzzi, microwave, refrig, and sink. Nice assortment of dishes and glasses along with small convenience items like salt and pepper, can opener, wine opener. Mgmt seems to have thought of everything. The room was spotless! The gratis continental breakfast that other guests had criticized was just fine with an assortment of breakfast items. We did not find it difficult to share the items in the breakfast basket. Very good value for a great location in Lake Geneva. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LarrytheLegend

Reviewed August 15, 2009

Went for an anniversary. The rooms are nice. We requested and booked a lake view. I would not stay here if we only had the park view. The balcony was nice to sit on and watch the sunset. Everything is within 2-3 blocks with the lake and boat rentals directly in front of the hotel. The Riviera and beach are about 2 blocks down. This hotel was ok, but I highly advise you to bring your own food and drinks. They have a kitchen area with plates/silverware/glasses. There is a small fridge, microwave, and toater in the room. Breakfast is a snack at best. ITs all about the location and this place has it. Parking is free also.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dkrck
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I have stayed here once a year every year since 2005 and I am always pleased. From the moment you enter this wonderful hotel you know it's going to be something special. The 3 story open lobby complete with a water fountain is unique and very welcoming. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean with a private bedroom and a large bathroom. The view of the lake is amazing. If you choose, you can always pick a view of the park as well. Walking distance to downtown, the boat tours, and the beach is a major plus.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank cj-themapguy
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I stayed at Bella Vista Suites last summer. I left my hair towel that I brought that does not look like a regular bath towel at all on top of my bag. When I came back from the beach my towel was missing. I talked to the front desk and they claimed they looked for it and never found it. I asked to speak with the manager and he was completely rude to me. He gave me an attitude and asked me what he wanted them to do. He said "What do you want me to replace the towel, is that what you want?" in a very rude manner. Needless to say I left there very offended and was not treated with respect, especially for the price we paid to stay there. Needless to say the towel was never found in the room or when I returned home and I am positive that they took one of my personal belonging which they had not business taking. I will never step foot in Bella Vista Suites for as long as I live. I had this experience almost 8 months ago and I still feel burned. Not to mention their "indoor pool" is in the basement and is the perfect place for a murder to occur.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stasiababi589
Reviewed November 22, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Bella Vista for our anniversary weekend on Nov. 7th. 2008 and we were extremely disappointed. First, the room had a 1 person tub, the room looked as if it had never been cleaned with socks from the previous guest in one of the drawers. The so called continental breakfast reminded me of when I was in elementary school (to think they call this breakfast) and the staff was not very helpful. Over all their rooms are over priced and need some desperate upkeep. We stopped by the visitor's center and they told us about Millcreek and the staff showed us a suite!!! Now that's what I call a 2 person jacuzzi and their rates are much better. They don't offer any breakfast, but they are steps from all the shops and restaurants. We have learned our lesson the hard way.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank windychi
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Went w/ my wife for one night. We had booked into the one-bedroom St. Moritz suite which claimed to have a partial view of the lake, full kitchen, hot tub for two and cold continental breakfast.

The Good -
========
Very quiet ambience, great location.

The accommodation was cozy - the hot tub was great.

The Bad -
========
Breakfast is nothing to write home about. Contents for a family of two - 2 OJ bottles (small), 1 oatmeal packet, 2 apples, 1 muffin, 2 bagels, 1 cream cheese, 4 pakets of butter, 1 packet of jam. I had to call the front desk to ask why only 1 oatmeal packet was provided for the two of us - she said - "Oh well, each room is provided with only 1 packet.". She did fetch another packet, till I realized there was only 1 cream cheese to share w/ my wife. I gave up counting at that point - I guess this is Bella Vista's idea of intimacy - as in share-your-food deal.

Take your own pillows - unless you are used to having rocks as your headrest,

The living room has no ight other than the one coming in through the window facing the passageway.

We had a situation in that the fire alarm went off somewhere in the building.around 6pm that evening The screeching sound stopped almost immediately but there was this high-intensity indicator that kept flashing. No one bothered to call our rooms and let us know that this was only a heat-sensor malfunction till I called the front desk who indicated there was indeed no fire after all. This must have been resolved maybe 3+ hours later. With that distracting blinking light, we could not watch TV in the living room and had to resort to the ill-positioned TV bedroom. Given such a nuisance, I would have expected some adjustment in my room charges or at least an apology by the management. I guess no one really cares.

Overall cozy one-night digs, but I may look at other options - considering the price i paid and the service I received in return.

K

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kvkrishnan
Reviewed September 2, 2008

My wife surprised me with this trip. I haven't spent much time in Lake Geneva, and this was our first time staying overnight. The location is perfect, as it's right off the lake. We checked in and the staff was friendly. I noticed that the hotel seemed pretty quiet (if someone was looking for a lighter crowd in the beginning of May). The bed and bathroom were strengths. We had plenty of space in our suite and it was capped off by a patio on the 3rd floor that overlooked the lake across the street. My wife informed me that it was a little expensive, but it is also probably top 2 or 3 hotels in the town, as most of the competition are beds and breakfasts.

We enjoyed our time here and would come again if the price was right.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple