“Very average for the price”
Review of Bella Vista Suites

Bella Vista Suites
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Rooms are very, very standard for the inflated prices. We justified paying a little extra for the location - convenient to Main St. and we like walking everywhere - a lake view, hot tub and fireplace. If you don't care about location, I'd suggest booking elsewhere. Guest service was lacking - no one cares, it seems -and there is just no compelling reason to pay extra to stay here.

Good: Location, lake view, fireplace, hot tub, continental breakfast brought to your door with newspaper, very nice lobby and atrium. Rooms are standard but nice.

Bad: Continental breakfast not that great. No newspaper on our 2nd day. "Complimentary guest basket" mentioned on their website drew blank stares from check-in person. Maid service lacking - had to beg for fresh towels. No extras to speak of - even water is $2.50. Could not open curtains without it falling off rod. Stained carpet and cobwebs deflect niceness of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2008

I have no idea what these people are talking about!! I have stayed at Bella Vista many times in the past and have never had a single issue with room cleanliness, hotel employee attention, or stale food. The rooms are lovely - if you choose to book the cheapest room, you're obviously going to get a smaller one with a lesser view. The website at Bella Vista explains each rooms' accomodations and views - if you refuse to do any research, I don't see that you can complain about your view and "tiny" suite. My most recent stay at Bella Vista was for a friend's bachelorette party, and we had a magnificent time! The room was beautiful, with a large balcony and view of the lake. It was also fully stocked with glasses, flatware, and a bottle opener, which was fantastic for young 20somethings at a bachelorette party! The people at the front desk were attentive and helpful. When we asked them about local cab companies, they offered to call a cab for us, and they contacted our room when the cab was waiting outside. The girl at the front desk also gave us descriptions of the atmospheres of the local restaurants and bars so that we out of towners could pick the place we wanted to spend our night. The next morning we awoke to a large breakfast basket filled with bagels, cream cheese, banana bread, and poppy seed muffins, which is just what we needed after a night of bachelorette fun! I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to plan a celebration, a romantic getaway, or a family weekend. I can't imagine they would disappoint anyone!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meanderings01
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Bella Vista is a beautiful location. The size of the condo is small, but adequate. The condition of the suite was wonderful and well equipped. The "bone of contention" was the condition of the parking lot and parking ramp, which led to injuries and accidents. Feb. 16th, 2008 a sleet storm quickly deteriorated the conditions of the parking ramp to the lower level...making it a sheet of solid ice. The bride & groom were involved in a 3 car accident due to the sorry condition of the parking lot. A police report was filed. ABSOLUTELY NO SAND/SALT had been used....12 hours later at check out time....still NO SAND/SALT visible. The Father of the bride took 3 attempts to exit the lower parking facility. The bridesmaid also had similar aggravation removing her car from the lower level, plus fell hard on the ice, suffering hip pain from that. I, the mother of the bride, drove down that ramp on the night of Feb. 16th and realized I had no control on the ice until I reached the bottom. Then I had to scale the icy ramp to get outside...3/4 of the way up...my feet went out from under me and I fell hard on my elbows and slid to the bottom...just as my car had done moments earlier. I'm aghast at what could have happened if another vehicle entered as I was falling to the bottom of the ramp. I had to "scale the side of the ramp" where snow had accumulated to exit the area. Fortunately, it worked. Each employee that I reported it to lacked concern....if they were it didn't change anything! 12 hours after the incident the sheet of ice continued to be an issue!
I'm sure a stay in better weather conditions~would've been a wonderful experience , but if the weather turns...you're on your own...bring your own sand/salt! Or sleep in you car in the parking ramp and wait till Spring to leave.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank WisconsinSpiderwoman
Reviewed October 31, 2007

My spouse and I stayed here on our anniversary to spend a romantic weekend at this hotel. It turned into a weekend from hell!!! Dirty bed linens and the so called continental breakfast was not even close. We got a stale muffin with a school size orange juice. And to think that we spent a good price, because their rates are quite high it was a very bad experience to say the least. Would not stay there ever again!!!!!! Don't become their next unsatisfied customer.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank windyland
Reviewed October 7, 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed at Bella Vista during Labor Day Weekend and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. The so-called suites are tiny, not clean and we had a view of kids playing in the park. And the rates were outrageous!!! While walking around we stumbled into The Mill Creek Hotel and the friendly, curteous staff were kind enough to show us a suite. Now that's what I call a suite with views of a creek and a peaceful nature preserve. We have already booked at The Mill Creek and will be staying there from now on. If you want quietness, cleanliness and friendly curteous staf, DO NOT STAY AT BELLA VISTA!!! DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Izzycham
Reviewed August 11, 2007

Wow we have always found that reviews on TripAdvisor were right on but our stay was VERY different from a lot of others here!

The rooms were small, and very barren decorating wise. For a smaller hotel on a lake we were expecting MUCH more of a bed and breakfast feel. The lobby was empty, almost like they moved all the furniture out for painting and just never moved it back. The balconys (which do have a very nice lake view) were small with barely enough room to sit, and the continential breakfast? Day old muffins and OJ in a school sized container just isn't what we expected. Add to that uncomfortable beds and we will never be back.

We have stayed several times just up the street at The Geneva Inn which is hands down a MUCH nicer place for the same money.

Do yourself a BIG favor, take a very serious look at the Geneva before you book here. If you still book here drive up to the Geneva Inn just to check it out (and you will kick yourself for not listening to us!!).

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank TheWindyCityCouple
Reviewed June 24, 2007

It was worth it to spend the extra money for the Governors Suite. We had an amazing view of the lake, continental breakfast delivered to our room, and perfect for two couples!! If you split the cost, its the same as each couple getting their own room- defintaley worth it. 2 bedrooms, living room and kitchen. We also rented a jetboat on the pier across the street from the hotel, it was perfect getaway.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple