“weekend getaway”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Wilmington, Illinois
“weekend getaway”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at Bella Vista for a weekend getaway with friends. When we walked in the room, we were delighted with the beautiful, comfortable suite. Everything with bright and sparkly clean - it was like home away from home, but better. We were in a room that was connected to our friends' room, making it even more convenient. The gal at the desk was so pleasant and helpful, giving us great advice for dinner and breakfast. The pool was delightfully warm, the hot tub was nice and hot and we were the only ones in them. This was the best hotel that we have stayed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank linda p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Accommodating, amenities were nice. Pool and hot tub nice. Classy atmosphere. The rooms were comfortable, nicely decorated. Pillows and bed were wonderful. Kitchen great. Desk clerk very nice and helpful. Convenient location. Walked every where. Desk recommended great restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank sherriszo
rbaiorBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Lake Geneva with us at the Bella Vista Suites. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The first thing to say about the Bella Vista Suites in Lake Geneva Wisconsin is the service and staff is Excellent. It was the most awesome place to ever have a wedding. I should explain that we have been planing this wedding and stay at the Bella Vista for over a year all the way from Birmingham Al. The staff has been very helpful and highly dependable during the process. Thank you to the management at the Bella Vista, First Class all the way. And also I should say that all the guest of our guest had traveled in from all around the country and had a great stay as well. Everyone loved the facility and the staff at the Bella Vista.. As newlyweds we decided to extend our stay and postpone the trip to the beach, Because as well as a great place to get married, it's a wonderful place to have a honeymoon, and a future place to have an anniversary and a all around stay place when in the area. We will be looking forward to the next stay at the Bella Vista suites....
Thank you from Mr. & Mrs. Greene

Room Tip: All the rooms in the Bella Vista are great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
rbaiorBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Mr. and Mrs. Greene, thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear about your wonderful stay with us at Bella Vista Suites. You had an absolutely beautiful wedding and all of your guests appeared to have so much fun! It was a pleasure getting to know you both and we do hope you will come back and visit us from time to time. Maybe for your Anniversary!! Have a safe trip home to Alabama.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in the penthouse suite Sept 16-18. The suite was just perfect! LOTS of room, immaculate, fully stocked kitchen, fireplace, two full baths with very nice amenities, 3 flat screen TV's, 3 phones, Nice triple-sized patio with 3 tables, 4 chairs and 2 benches. The furnishings were quite beautiful and comfortable--the carpeting clean and new-looking. The view was outstanding! Bring binoculars if you want to have fun watching people putting their boats in and taking them out--pretty funny, we thought! The front desk, especially Angela, patiently answered all of my questions before and during our stay-Thanks! We did not use the pool, but looked around there and it seemed just fine and the water was very warm. They also have a nice cocktail lounge with outside seating available, Two blocks walk to town for all of the food and restaurants you could want. We had the perfect getaway! (Note to Management--please replace the American Flag-it is faded and tattered and should not be displayed in that condition)

Room Tip: ALWAYS ask for a Lake view!!! Otherwise you'll see the parking lot!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time in Lake Geneva with us at the Bella Vista Suites. Angela does a wonderful job and is very knowledgable of the area and what Lake Geneva has to offer. We look forward to your next stay with us!

New York City
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We flew in from New York for the Mets game at Miller Park in Milwaukee. We drove to Lake Geneva because we were told it was a "must see". We can honestly say it is a must see and Bella Vista Suites is a "must stay". It is centrally located to everything. You can walk to shopping, dining and you are right on the Lake. Rooms are large and clean. Staff was friendly. We arrived hours before check in, (My husband had worked until midnight and our flight was at 6 AM. We needed an hour power nap.) Staff was very accomodating in getting us a room immediately, Awesome! Pool and whirlpool was great too. Be sure to watch the sunset off the veranda with a drink from the bar. Excellent experience!!

Room Tip: choose one overlooking the lake
2 Thank WeLoveTraveling23
rbaiorBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Bella Vista Suites and also got to discover Lake Geneva. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future!

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The Saturday I had a wonderful wedding in Lake Geneva, however the hotel staff at Bella Vista Suites pretty much ruined the end of my night. Unbeknownst to me, the front desk let one of my wedding guests into my hotel room - not only that MADE HER A KEY, without my knowledge and without my permission and my friends showed no ID to get into my room. Not only is this a HUGE breach of security (they had no proof of who this person was, but they KNEW it was not ME or the GROOM) but also ruined a night I can never have back. At 3 am, my husband and I return to our suite to a girl asleep on our couch. To think a hotel would allow this is just unfathomable. Thank you Bella Vista Suites for ruining my night. DO NOT EVER STAY HERE, clearly the management is HORRIBLE. I've dealt with many hotels and never experienced such little respect for a guest paying $200 a night ON THEIR WEDDING NIGHT and the idiotic front desk would basically allow anyone who claimed to have stayed in the room to have a key and enter a room of a paying guest with no identification. I am horrified, I am upset, and I lost a moment of my life I will never get back. The hotel was not even very apologetic. They are SO LUCKY nothing bad happened like all my things being taken or a crime or something. I'm irate and upset and most of all deeply saddened that due to the stupid hotel staff my husband and I had NO privacy on our wedding night.

13 Thank Laura P
rbaiorBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
I’m so sorry to hear you were so unhappy with your stay here. We’re a very small hotel with a staff that works very hard to ensure that all of our guests are happy, so whenever anyone is anything less than thrilled with their stay, we view their experiences and comments with care. I would really like to discuss this with you, so when you do get a chance, please give me a call at (262)248-2100. Once again, I am incredibly sorry that your experience here was not positive, and thank you for your comments and feedback – we view all of our reviews, positive or negative, as tools to help us improve our guest experiences.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our party of 3 adults had a great stay at Bella Vista Suites. Very nice hotel, beautiful grounds, good view of the lake from the balcony. Staff vas very accommodating, suite was well supplied, nice floor plan; our room was on the 4th floor. Coffee and tea in the lobby. We had no problems here.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room on the lake side to get a good view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy F
rbaiorBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed everything that Lake Geneva has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Lake Geneva - be sure to check out our Facebook page and hotel website for any upcoming specials.