“Room? Great. Piano bar? Lame”
Review of Bella Vista Suites

Bella Vista Suites
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
peoria, il
“Room? Great. Piano bar? Lame”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The pros.
My husband surprised me with a weekend at Bella Vista Suites for our anniversary. The room was very nice, spacious and clean. The surprise breakfast basket outside our door was a nice treat as was the bottle of champange waiting for us. We did a couples massage in the spa and it was very nice. They took good care of us. He had a carriage ride scheduled thru town. It was ok - not great but it was ok.

The cons.
Everywhere you go in the hotel there are signs advertising their "piano bar". Part of the reason my husband booked the hotel was because of the piano bar. He's been to a few in the past and thought it would be fun to go with me. This is not a piano bar... this is a keyboard bar. The entertainment for the weekend was bad, cheesy, cruise ship-like entertainment. She sang a song and then flipped thru her song book for 5 minutes trying to find what she wanted to sing next. I think I heard 3 Bette Midler songs repeated throughout most of it. Don't get me wrong, she was somewhat entertaining, but nothing that would warrant the advertising. I will say that there was an older crowd in the bar Saturday night that seemed to know/enjoy the music. Friday night was a younger (30's) group and she couldn't hold anyone's attention. Advertise it as a lounge with entertainment on weekends and you'll do fine. Don't advertise it as a piano bar because it doesn't even come close to that.

Overall it was a good stay. We would go back and plan our entertainment for elsewhere. We did have an issue at checkout with our bill. My husband had prepaid most of the charges and then they wanted to charge him again so make sure you check your bill as opposed to just leaving your keys in the room like at many hotels.

Room Tip: We were on level 3 facing the lake and it was beautiful.... if it is more expensive for the room wit...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MNGirlinIL
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your lakeview suite, spa services, and complimentary breakfast. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the entertainment over Sweetest Day weekend. Our lounge normally features a pianist on Friday nights and an acoustic performer on Saturday nights; however on special event weekends we try to branch out a bit. We understand that with this specific event it was either a love or a hate as far as feedback from our guests. We hope that you will give the lounge another try in the future; our entertainment schedule is posted under events on our website as well as on our Facebook page if you’re curious what is scheduled for future dates. Thanks again for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Gunnison Colorado
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Just returned from a week at the Bella Vista. The room over looking the lake was wonderful, bed was comfortable and it was very clean. Enjoyed having a small kitchen facility and a great balcony to enjoy the views. We will stay here again when we return to Wisconsin!

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a lake side room....well worth it if you plan to spend anytime enjoying the view...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
We are so glad to here that you enjoyed your week with us here at the Bella Vista Suites. It sure is shaping up to be a wonderful fall and the views of the fall colors at the lake are a perfect setting to relax and enjoy as you did! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Lake Geneva!
Dublin, OH
Reviewed September 1, 2011

From the point I pulled in the parking lot I knew this was a special place. This is what I liked:
1. You can park you car 15 steps from the front door (yes park - not just load) and be at you room in another 20 steps.
2. Hotel overlooks the lake.
3. Boat dock for lake tour is 150 yards away.
4. Both above gound and underground parking.
5. I was overwhelemed with the room size, separate bedroom, 2 flat screenTV's and quality appointments.
6. Balcony overlooks lake
7. Large bathroom counter and great lighting.
8. Free coffee in the lobby night and day - very good
9. Good Internet, water pressure, very clean and quiet
10. Basket each morning outside your door with cereal, muffins, fruit & juice with USA Today.
11. VERY FRIENDLY & NICE staff!

What I would change:
1. No light in shower/tub
2. Heater/AC in bedroom does not do a good job cooling the suite portion

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am glad to hear that there were so many things you enjoyed about us! And I appreciate you pointing out your dislikes as well; it helps us target areas that we need to focus on to ensure our guests remain satisfied. I'll be sure to have maintenance check out the A/C in your suite to ensure that it is cooling to its full potential. Our team looks forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Lake Geneva!

Kind Regards,

Cori M. Gruber
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Just stayed here for a bachlorette weekend. It was perfect, the two bedroom suites have TONS of space, the kitchen is fully stocked with appliances, and the balcony is great. There is a breakfast included. While it is very generous (juice, wrapped bagels, wrapped muffins, oatmeal), there is nothing fresh in it. Nonetheless, great!! And great location, right across from the lake, and next to Baker House!

If i were to go on another bachlorette weekend I would go here!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
It's great to hear that you and your Bachelorette crew had a good time with us here at Bella Vista Suites! Our team works hard to ensure that our guests have everything they need and more for an enjoyable stay and it's great to hear feedback from our guests that we are hitting the mark! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to your next visit to Lake Geneva.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I am sorry....who are these people posting these ridiculous reviews of this hotel. I found this hidden gem 2 years ago and from the first time I stayed there, I was impressed. The most friendliest and courteous group of people work there (from the bar attendants to the front office). I HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD VISIT AT THIS HOTEL. Kim Doran is the manager and Angela at the front office are phenomenal people. I came for womens weekend and brought along 10 girlfriends and they all loved the hotel. And, I was just there for my birthday (spent 3 days) in July and wanted to stay no place else but here...Yes, the room accessories are a llittle outdated, but SO WHAT....this is the most fabulous hotel that I have stayed at in Lk Gnva and I will continue to come back and I tell all of my friends to stay when they visit. I think the negative comments are unfounded and totally unfair.

Room Tip: As always...travel smart. Bring your own water and snacks and light foods with you. The fridge is sm...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alice U
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Alice, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stays with us here at Bella Vista Suites! Thanks for much for sharing your feedback! It really means a lot to our team. I will be sure to pass on your kudos to Kim our sales manager and Angela in guest services! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Aurora, IL
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was our first time at this hotel and we had a great stay. The room was clean and having the bedroom and living room was perfect. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The view was fantastic and the location is perfect for everything we did. You can't go wrong!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Adam, thanks for much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at Bella Vista Suites! I'm glad to hear you and your family had a great time! We can't wait to see you again the next time your in Lake Geneva.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The hotel is great and the rooms are nice. The service given to us by Kim at the hotel was terrific.

We were there for a family reunion with 30 people including 5 kids under 5 and the hotel managed all our requests and did a great job.

They coordinated a day trip out on boats and a family photograph at the hotel.

Terrific service and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dianebornell
cgruberBVS, General Manager at Bella Vista Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Thank you for your feedback! Our team had a blast ensuring your family had everything they needed to make a great reunion, especially Kim our Sales Manager! I am so excited that your family enjoyed your time with us! We can't wait to see during next year's reunion!