“Too good”

Lake Geneva Pie Company
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We love the cherry pie but you can't go wrong on the other flavors, In an out of the way location from downtown but worth finding

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I enjoyed my recent visit to Lake Geneva Pie Company for lunch! I ordered a slice of the house quiche to go, as well as a cranberry orange muffin. I enjoyed both items tremendously, and it was a very satisfying meal. I do feel that the prices here are a bit steep. I think $4.50 for a slice of quiche is pretty high. I was considering trying a slice of a different variety quiche, but did not feel like spending $9 on 2 slices of quiche. I settled for the muffin instead for an additional $1.50. I like that you can buy just a slice of a pie or quiche here and not always the entire thing. Like other reviewers have said, I feel that it can sometimes be confusing when ordering. I never know if they only have what is displayed in the glass case or if they have additional varieties of pies, quiche, sandwiches, etc. in the back. I also had a 5 minute wait for service on my most recent visit. There was one woman in front of me who took quite a while to order because she also had lots of questions on the menu and what was available. What was kind of strange to me was that another staff member could not come forward to help me. There were 4 or 5 other workers just kind of standing around in the back, so I don't know why one of them couldn't wait on me. The young woman waiting on the woman in front of me and then subsequently me was very polite and helpful and clearly had good customer service skills. She apologized for the wait I encountered. It could have been avoided, though, which bothered me. I did enjoy my quiche slice and muffin, and would return here because I love their food. I just feel that they need to have a menu board that is not so vague or something to make people more clear on how to order. I always have felt somewhat confused when ordering here as to what the system is and what is available. The establishment has a delectable aroma inside, and the baked goods and quiche are always fantastic!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

There isn't a huge election, and the Sandwiches are made in advance, but yet they are very tasty. Location is easy to find.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Wow, Like the previous review writer I also took my mom here for a pleasant lunch and treat and found that to be impossible due to the way customers are treated. I picked up my mom from a local assisted living place and took her to get her hair cut right down from the Pie Company. She has trouble getting around and in and out of the car isn't fun. So even though I had been to the Pie Company before and knew that their prices are higher than normal for what they serve I decided that the walk and the fresh air would do mom good. Also we wouldn't have to do the in and out of the car thing. I was willing to "treat" her and spend a little more money. Really by the time you order a lunch sandwich or quiche, a drink and a dessert you have spent a pretty penny.There was no one eating in the restaurant when we came in. We chose a table by the window but we couldn't sit there because the chairs were not clean. We moved to another table and the top wasn't wiped off but at least the chairs were OK. I got some napkins and wiped the table myself. Did I mention there were NO customers in the place?!
Then starts the task of reading what they have pre-made and under glass and trying to make your desires fit what they have left. I was able to find something my mom likes. I was not able to find something I could live with. I did try. I don't like cheddar cheese with my turkey or chicken. I like swiss the best but was prepared to settle for any light cheese. When I asked the "very young sheepish girl" behind the counter if I could have a turkey and swiss she asked me if there was one in the display case. No I told her and asked if someone would make me one. She said that she would have to ask. The answer was NO. Keep in mind there wasn't one other customer in the place. I tried to play it the way they want. I did look in the case for several minutes trying to find something that I could enjoy without asking for what I really wanted. There was nothing that I could enjoy even if I took off the cheese I didn't like. Should I have to remove part of what I paid for because I don't like it but they say I have to have it? Can you believe that???? What kind of way is that to treat customers? Really, I'm here to spend my money and I can't have what I want but have to choose what you have left over? Is it worth it? I don't think so. I, as the previous writer, took my mom and walked out of the place. I will never go back and will tell everyone I know not to go to a place where the customer is an inconvenience. I understand that they would like to sell every sandwich that they have premade for the day but do they understand (or care) that for my $ I want what I LIKE?
If they have leftovers maybe they need to consider selling them as day olds or something as wild and crazy as that!

Of all the reviews I have written this place made me the most angry and made me feel that they are so much more important than me and my mom. Never again. If selling pies can keep you open that's lucky for you because your customer service can only take you down.

2  Thank Behape S
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I got a quiche their and it was very good and I like sever because they was really nice people and I back at home it was very good and place very clean and I would go their again because i like lot James

1  Thank jameslparks