“Pies are out of this world”

Lake Geneva Pie Company
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Chicago, Illinois
“Pies are out of this world”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Saw the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to drive over and try them. Reviewers were right on, did not get the crumb topped pies or try the sandwiches. Great selection early on Saturday morning. Do yourself a favor and try them, you will not be sorry. Thanks for steering me here other Trip Advisors!

• Visited January 2013

Flossmoor, Illinois
“Great pie”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stopped in during our 3 day stay in L.G. as the place reminded me of the Grand Traverse Pie Companies in Michigan. While their counter staff could use a little direction on cheerfulness and helpfulness, the pies could not have been better. I am always a little leery of crumb-top pies, having had more than a few that were very over-sugared. Well, I have to say that LGPC had, hands down, the best crumb topping I've ever had. Crunchy, light and just a hint of sugar. I tried a piece of blackberry peach and then, as it was so good, shared a piece of strawberry rhubarb with my husband. While we didn't taste them, the selection of quiches looked very intriguing, as well as the various breads available.
A really nice find!

• Visited February 2013
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Eat a slice, take a whole pie home”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

You would be crazy not to stop for pie here. We get them for holidays and afternoon sweet tooths! My favorite is the crumb apple, but my moms favorite is the 4 berry. What ever you choose, you won't be disappointed.

Only issue: they do sell out everyday, so either call ahead or go early

• Visited February 2013
“Pie Excellance”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Never disappointed with their pies. Always top quality. Every pie is made fresh. Great place to stop in and have a cup of coffee with your favorite piece of pie.

Visited January 2013
Homewood, Illinois
“Family Tradition”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our holiday visit to Timber Ridge is not tradition unless we get our Christmas pies from the Lake Geneva Pie Co. My husband and I get a fruit cobbler, my 15 year old son gets the French silk, and my 18 year old son gets the key lime pie. We look forward to the short drive from the resort. The baking area is visible so you get an authentic feel for the bakery.

• Visited December 2012