“Nice Value But...”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Palm Springs, California
“Nice Value But...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at Mill Creek about 6 different times. The rooms are a good size and include a kitchen. There are levels of rooms: bronze, silver, gold and platnium. Once you stay here, when you return they upgrade you for free! We were to get a gold room and were upset that we were on the first floor, thought a gold would be a second floor room. Also, the internet is a nightmare! I would be kicked on and off and it would sometimes not connect me. In addition, we asked for a late check out and was told noon, any later and we would be charged half a day! We do love the location and will maybe stay here again but I was a bit disappointed.

Room Tip: The top floor has additional windows and is really the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mary O, Director of Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. We have bronze, silver, gold, and platinum suites on all levels first, second and third. It is so nice that you were upgraded to a gold suite, that is fantastic.
I am sorry that the complimentary wifi wasn't working properly throughout your visit. There can be occasional problems with a server provider. I do hope you let the front desk know as they may have been able to set you up on the computer in the meeting room for internet access.
Thinking about the late check out, perhaps there was a need to expedite the cleaning of the suites. We are very happy to offer our guests the convenience to keep your vehicle in our garage until you find your getaway drawing to a close.
Again, thank you for letting us know about your concerns and we welcome your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I often take zip trips. He picks the destination and I find where we stay. Well, I chose this place simply by looking at the picture and the price. I did not go wrong with choosing the Mill Creek. Called and booked the room with Tabitha. She was courteous and speedy. We arrived a little early and after strolling around downtown was able to get in our room. But we didn't get the room originally booked, she upgraded us to the king suite. The room was great! It's like a miniature apartment equipped with utensils, dishes, pots and pans. It also has a Jacuzzi tub in the room which was wonderful after a six hour drive. It's location is also walking distance to everything. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria C
Mary O, Director of Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. So nice to hear that you were able to walk around the lovely downtown and then indulge in your private whirlpool tub after your long drive. Thanks for choosing The Mill Creek Hotel in downtown Lake Geneva. We look forward to your next visit and hope it's soon!
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We made a spur of the moment trip to Lake Geneva and decided to just take a chance at finding a good room. We had stayed numerous times at a resort outside of the town but chose to look at a few places near the lake. Our first choice was Mill Creek and we were so happy! The rooms are well designed. Everything is there that you need. It was romantic, quiet and we would definitely go back!! The added touches like flat screen tvs, jacuzzi for two, fireplace and even wine glasses in the room made our evening so wonderful!

Room Tip: The Gold suite had a great view and plenty of room for two and also room to entertain.
1 Thank Susie H
Mary O, Director of Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review Mill Creek Hotel. We are delighted that you stayed with us and had a wonderful time. We look forward to your next visit and will do our best to exceed your expectations.
Chicago
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Mill Creek gets the highest rating on everything. Big, beautiful condo-style suites complete with kitchenette, dining area, living room, bedroom, fireplace, balcony, and a great view of the winding creek and Lake Geneva itself. Friendly desk staff as well as housekeeping staff. Great indoor pool and jacuzzi area, & gym with good equipment. Great deck space outside the pool area. Close to everything: downtown shopping & dining, with the lake right across the street. And can't go without talking about the huge square bathtub/jacuzzi in each suite. This is our fourth year there, and no matter what season, Mill Creek is always a winner.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the creek and lake
2 Thank Moonathon
Thanks for taking your time to review our hotel. Your glowing review makes us smile. We have some updates taking place now, we're sure you will like them and we look forward to your next visit to Lake Geneva and Mill Creek Hotel.
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I had a nice relaxing weekend at the Mill Creek Hotel. We stayed in a Platinum suite. The suite was clean, and the full kitchen well appointed with flatware, plates, cups etc. The gas fireplace was a nice feature in this cold weather, and whirlpool tub was huge. We had a good view of the creek and the lake from our corner room. We also got the romance package, which had some nice extras (candy, flowers, champagne, gift certificates to restaurants, free DVD rental). The staff was also very friendly and responsive to questions and requests. We've been to other hotels in the area, and think this one compares well on amenities and service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with fireplace and romance package. We look forward to your next visit!
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at the Mill Creek last May (2012). As I was recently looking at the website I realised I never posted a review of my stay as I promised myself I would. I visit from Australia as my son lives near Lake Geneva. Prior to my last visit I was a bit concerned as I read a few unfavorable reviews. I stayed for 2 weeks and found the Mill Creek to be an excellent hotel. The staff were VERY friendly, especially the lady at reception who would always have a chat with me and would point out the places nearby that I may find of interest. The room (3rd floor) was very clean and comfortable. Easy parking on site. The location is second to none with everything within walking distance. I intend visiting Lake Geneva again within the next 12 months (this time bringing my wife) and look forward to staying at the Mill Creek again.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra for the Silver room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mary O, Director of Marketing at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Mill Creek Hotel.
We look forward to your next visit, and will continue to do our best to exceed your expectations.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just like being home...comfortable!!

Best pizza place, Geneva Lake right out the front door.
Nice pool and exercise area looking at a quiet little creek.
Not a lot of kids running around...very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary O, Marketing Director at Mill Creek Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will like the updates we are completing this year.