Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites Lake Geneva East(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
$93
Hotels.com
Bella Vista Suites(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
$149
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
$129
$94
Groupon.com
Geneva Inn(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
$124
The Ridge Hotel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
$134
$104
Inns Of Geneva National(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
$179
$161
Mill Creek Hotel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
$134
Travelocity
Geneva Wells Motel(Lake Geneva)(Great Value!)
$98
Maxwell Mansion(Lake Geneva)
$185
Travelocity
Baker House Hotel(Lake Geneva)
$325
1,306 results
All reviewslazy riverwater parklife guardsfull kitchentoddler areabedroom suitebbq restaurantolder kidsbig slidespetting zoogrand genevahungry mooseyellow slidewisconsin dellsactivity roomthe indoor outdoor hot tubstove top
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We spent last weekend at the Timber Ridge Lodge with our kids, ages 10 and 7. Great place for family fun! Rooms are large and very well maintained, with a small kitchen perfect for breakfast if you don't feel like going to the restaurant. Water park was pristine, well supervised and lots of fun. The kids really enjoyed it and even with a good amount of people it didn't feel too crowded. The staff was very gracious and helpful, from the front desk to the BBQ restaurant to the water park area, you can tell how well everyone is trained. Super hospitable. We also went to the Grand Geneva spa and gym, where the kids took an indoors rock climbing class while I got a massage. They loved it, Pam was the best. We had such a great time. Highly recommend the Lodge and the resort in general. Perfect weekend, thank you Timber Ridge Lodge!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Tom M, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Karina K~ Thank you for your kind comments regarding the resort and our staff. We do pride ourselves on the personalized service our associates strive to give to each of our guests. I will share your comments with our team. Our guests are very important to us and we look forward to having you back again soon. Regards, Tom

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Timber Ridge Lodge is a great resort for families with young kids and who don't want to eat out at every meal. I liked the fact that the rooms were spacious and provided the necessities for making a quick meal if need be. I would encourage bringing your own groceries as there is only one option for lunch, which is located poolside. I do wish that their BBQ restaurant was open for lunch as we would have liked to try it, but their snack style restaurant in the pool area had good options-especially for kids. My husband and I came here with our 6 month old daughter and still felt like we got what we wanted to out of it. We were able to let her splash around in the shallow area and take her on the lazy river, so we were happy with the experience. I would definitely recommend making reservations at the Grand Geneva right down the road for dinner, as they have a few different options depending on what you have a taste for and are a bit more upscale than Timber ridge. It would have been nice to have a coffee/pastry store inside the Timber Ridge like the Grand Geneva has, (After all, the parents need something too!) but that would be one of my few suggestions. We had a good experience and is definitely suitable for a long stay or just a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

KC M~ Thank you for your recent post. It is always great to read that our guests enjoyed their stay and all we have to offer here at the resort. It certainly sounds like you had a great getaway with your daughter! We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for choosing Timber Ridge Lodge! Regards, Tom

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great place for smaller children, Took my grandson, [and family] there for his 3rd birthday. The suite fit us all fine. The water park was ample and clean. They dropped off a present for the birthday boy with a hand signed card by the staff. Thought that was a nice touch. Friendly staff.
Went during the week ,so it was not busy at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

kayakdeb2~ Happy 3rd birthday to your grandson! I am so excited that you could come and celebrate this special occasion with us at Timber Ridge Lodge. I hope that you will come and visit again soon! Regards, Tom

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This place is really geared towards families. The property has small apartments with a dinning room for 6, kitchen, sofa bed, fireplace and a separate private bedroom. Two TVs in every apartment keep the peace between siblings. The hotel has a nice indoor water-park, an arcade, small movie room, a restaurant (Smokeys BBQ House) and a gift shop/ convenience store (very expensive). However, less than 1/2 mile away you can access a Walmart, Target, convenience stores, gas stations, etc... therefore in terms of meals and necessities you do not really need to spend much. Lake Geneva is also fantastic in terms of restaurant choices, and this property is within minutes of many great ones.

We have been here in the summer and winter. For summer activities they offer activities such as canoeing, kayaking, golf, horse back riding, and outdoor swimming. Sometimes I have seen them bring farm animals for kids to pet at the hotel lobby. During the winter they offer Skiing, sledding, ice skating, ridding in horse carriages, indoor swimming, etc. The kids always find this place very fun. They keep hot chocolate and cookies at the lobby for kids to enjoy free of charge.

We just got back from a mini vacation of skiing and water park usage. The skiing is fantastic for the kids as they have many level of bunny slopes for children to get comfortable with the sport. There is off course also slopes for adults of different skill levels. In all it is a fun attraction.
The water park, although not humongous like at the Dells, is a good size and nice. However, it is always super packed.

My only complaint about this property is the strong smell of damp carpet in the lobby. Also the hallways leading to the rooms always smell like few days old food. It is strange as the rooms itself are very clean. My kids also thought the water park smelled too, however, it is understandable as they probably need to pump a lot of chlorine in the water to keep such a place clean and specially in the winter there is no good ventilation (it is an indoor place after all).

Over all I recommend this property to families. We always have fun when we visit this place. If you are single, a couple, or are looking for a place to go for business this is certainly NOT the place for you!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

RJ J~ Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Timber Ridge Lodge. I am happy that you had a wonderful family getaway. I have addressed your concerns regarding the odors you observed with my Director of Housekeeping in an effort to rectify the issue. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding the many activities we have on property. I sincerely hope that your family will come back and visit again soon. Regards, Tom

Reviewed February 11, 2014

For the past 3 years my wife and I have taken our kids to Timber Ridge at least 1 a year if not twice a year. We enjoyed our stays so much that last year we even put an offer on a unit that was for sale but the deal fell through. This will also tell you how loyal of a customer we are, I even won waterpark passes via your Facebook contest.

I have to say that my overnight stay on 2/9 was a disappointment. It all started on the night of 2/9.

I had a 15% card that specifically stated "no expiration date" for Smokey's Bar-B-Que House, my 15% was honored for our 2/9 dinner but I was told by the server that the card was no longer valid and his manager said he had to keep it. I can't understand why it would be no longer valid as it said to keep it as there was "no expiration date". The manager never came to our table to talk to us and I know from taking the customer surveys one of the questions asks if a manager came to your table, I would think this situation would warrant the manager to come and talk to us.

Sometime during the night on 2/9 the heat shut off and the temperature dropped to 63 degrees. We are well aware of how to operate the heat by leaving the card in the door and the heat in the bedroom worked.

On the morning of 2/10 we had breakfast at Smokey's Bar-B-Que House. One of my kids meal was entered wrong by the server and she apologized for it, the manager also apologized and it was corrected.

I know this is out of everyone's control but the elevator directly outside our room was broken and this just added to the disappointment of our trip.

The waterpark was also colder than normal on 2/10.

I have always left great reviews for Timber Ridge and have recommended it to friends and family. After this stay I have to say I am skeptical about returning.

It is to my understanding that there hasn't been a consistent general manager at Timber Ridge for a while, is this the reason for such a bad experience? As a potential purchaser of a unit the ability to have a general manager is of a concern and was reflected in my recent stay.

1  Thank James C

James C ~ Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me personally by telephone to discuss your concerns. Your feedback is very important to me and I am happy that we were able to resolve these issues to your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you back to Timber Ridge Lodge in the future. Regards, Tom