“SHUTTLE SERVICE”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed August 15, 2008

This hotel is GREAT for families with small children and teenagers. Almost everything is geared towards kids. The only problem I had was the "shuttle service" they offered from the Chicago O'hare airport. They sent a limo which cost $200.00 plus an automatic 25% gratuity. Over the phone they claimed there was only one shuttle service in the area, however, on the way back to the airport I was able to find a taxi service for half the price. The number is 262-949-TAXI.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed August 13, 2008

Don't go with anyone you aren't willing to share a bed with...I went w/a friend to a concert at Alpine Valley and chose this hotel b/c it seemed like a nice convenient place to stay.

We booked a room that was listed for up to 4 adults. There was one queen bed, and a pullout couch. We were told by the front desk that all of their reps tell people that there is one KING bed and one pullout per room--When I told them that we only had a Queen and a couch they put me on hold. I was then told that because I booked through an outside source, I had to deal w/the website I booked through, and that they had no other rooms available. So we shared a bed in a not so hot spot, for way more than a 4 star Chicago hotel.

This place could be romantic or good for people w/children, but not for people who want their own bed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2008

My husband and i would like to have an end of the summer get away before our kids, 7 years old girl and 9 years old boy, start school this august, we don't want to pay a lot and we don't want to go far. Lake geneva seemed to be the ideal place for us. We both never been there. TImber Ridge lodge seemed to be the ideal choice and i'm glad that i made a right decision inspite of the negative comments i've read.

We were in Timber RIdge lodge from 3rd to 5th of Aug, had a BLAST!!!I picked a one bedroom and it was ready when we arrived. Our room was in a first floor with our window overlooking the outdoor swimming pool and the waterpark, not noisy at all. My kids loved it, they can look outside the windown and know that the waterpark is open. The bed and pillows are very comfortable and clean, the sofa sleeper was okay for my girl but my boy says its comfortable for him. We asked the housekeepe for extra pillows and sheets and surprisingly, got it right away. My children loved the huge jet tub, fit three of us! The jet tub was very clean but i cleaned it again just for my peace of mind before getting in, of course. The full kitchen is very convenient for us, we just brought in from home breakfast cereals, yogurts, a lot of fruits, bread, jell, peanut butter to cover our first meal then some soups to save money for lunch then we go out to town for dinner.
My husband and i enjoyed the spa and the fitness center in the Well spa of grand geneva.

Overall, its a wonderful family week-end celebration of the summer!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2008

We spent three days and two nights at this resort...The price was very reasonable...The suite floor plan of the rooms includes a kitchen (full-size fridge, stovetop, microwave, double sink, dishwasher, and plenty of pots/pans/plates/silverware/etc), a dining area, spacious bathroom with a hot tub, a sitting area with a sleeper sofa and fireplace, a balcony, and a seperate bedroom with a king siza bed...Plenty of room for our family of four (two kids on the sleeper sofa - adults in the bedroom with the door closed)...The waterpark is well-maintained and has a variety of options depending on age/swimming ability...There are two fun waterslides, four hot tubs, and a lazy river...There are also two outdoor pools with slides...This place has actual trained lifeguards who are both attentive to what is going on and appear physically capable of taking action...The game room was well above-average and the kids activites were also a nice distraction...The staff was professional and responded quickly to our needs...The only downside was that the food from the hotel restaurant (Smokey's) was sub-par...We recommend bringing your own food and making use of the in-room kitchen facilities or enjoying the many fine eateries in downtown Lake Geneva...Overall, we had a great time and will return soon...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Mom2Grlz
Reviewed July 21, 2008

With regrets, I have to come down with the folks that didn't think this hotel was a very good destination. a few things I wish I'd realized before going:
1) The whole place has a depressing, dingy, drab atmosphere. Nothing seems quite clean (the carpets are stained, the locker rooms smelly and dirty), there are obvious problems in upkeep and maintenance (a broken dishwasher in one room, an air conditioner that smelled of urine in another, a jet that fell off the whirlpool when it was turned on, no working remote control, no screens on the balconies). None of the furniture is very good quality (more Motel 6 than Hilton), and the staff, though generally friendly, seem bored out of their minds. The game room and kids' play room are both really depressing.
2) No one with a choice would eat anything served on the premises.
3) Though the hotel is surrounded by open land, most of the rooms overlook either the pool area or a wrap-around parking lot. More suburban than rural, more motel than resort.
4) Our kids enjoyed the water park, but the outside part is very tiny, so it's not great in the summer.

I didn't expect a four-star resort (that's not what was advertised) -- but I did expect it to be nicer than this -- I won't be going back.....

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank beiralago
Reviewed July 17, 2008

I don't know what was worse; the bed bug bites, the pathedic excuse for a waterpark or the food that sat in your stomach like a lead ball!! The blankets appeared to be army surplus, the pillows were no better than sleeping on a sheet of paper and I'm not sure the pull-out couch had a mattress, just a lot of springs under a sheet! I have stayed in 4 Star Resorts for half the price and twice the experience!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Timber Ridge Lodge is an excellent resort for a family getaway. I traveled with a large group of 25 people which includes 10 adults and 16 children. There was plenty to do for everyone considering the ages ranged from 4 months to 37 years of age.

Timber Ridge has a great waterpark that truly brings out the kids in adults. We really enjoyed the water slides and the large pool with basketball hoops. The indoor hot tub was connected to the outdoor pool area which was great also.

The rooms were AWESOME!!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom with a loft area. They included a kitchenette which made it easy for us to cook and keep plenty of snacks readily available from everyone. There was also plenty of room for us to enjoy being together as a family. The balcony was large enough for at least 6 people comfortably. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!

Timber Ridge also has an arcade and movie room for the kids to enjoy scheduled activities throughout the day. Considering it is located on the Grand Geneva Resort, you have access to the sports facilities. They have tennis courts, basketball, golf, and other fitness activities available. There is also a Wal-Mart down the street.

The only negative I have about my stay at Timber Ridge is that housekeeping forgot to clean our room our first night. They said we were not on the list. It was ok because they did come to take our garbage out and give us fresh towels when I inquired about it.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family