“The best resort we have stayed at.”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“The best resort we have stayed at.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed this place! You don't feel like you are being nickel and dimed around every corner like at Waterpark of America in MN. The water park has something for all ages. Food was mediocre but you have your own kitchen! Quick drive to shops and downtown LG and the gym is awesome! Plenty for kids to do with additional activities running all day every day. We loved this place and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
TheTravelingCircus~ I was delighted to read your review especially after seeing the title of it! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I agree that there are plenty of things for the kids as well as the adults to do here at Timber Ridge Lodge. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. ~ Gerald

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We booked a weekend stay in a one bedroom suite using a Groupon deal. Some of the other ratings and comments had me worried about this place but my overall trip turned out to be awesome. Prior to our stay, I called the lodge in advance to get recommendations on what room/level to stay in and Debra from Reservations was kind enough to get us a third floor country view. This was a great choice since it allowed us to have idyllic mornings out on the balcony.

The overall waterpark was not very big but it was perfect for my son (who is just four and hence does not have an appetite for larger sized parks and rides). We spent a lot of time in the kiddie pool as well as the lazy river. There was not too much of rush and we even found chairs near the pool to relax in between dips. The food from the restaurant near the pool was good (pizza, nachos and bottled drinks) and the lifeguards were alert and strict about enforcing rules.

The staff was very friendly. The room was bigger than I envisioned (with the jacuzzi bathtub being a welcome surprise). The kitchenette was fully equipped with cutlery and utensils which allowed us to prepare meals easily (we are vegetarian and this gave us a lot more options). There's also a Walmart within a 5 min drive that allowed us to get supplies as needed.

We rode the shuttle (cost included in the stay) to a near stable that had a small petting zoo and pony rides which my son really enjoyed. Overall our family had a wonderful time and we will definitely go back again in the future.

Room Tip: I liked the third floor country view since it allowed us to stay away from the pool when we wanted t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Arun B ~Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your positive comments regarding the suites, waterpark and staff. I am happy that you were able to utilize the trolley transportation to visit the stables. The trolley a fun way for guests of all ages to get around on property. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. ~ Gerald
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

we loved everything about our time here and we will be coming back! The only thing we didnt like was the restaurant on site. Not very good food.
Everything else was excellent, up to date, comfortable and we had a great time!

1 Thank dmart19
Dmart19~Thank you for your review. I sincerely appreciate your feedback. I apologize that you did not like the food in our Bar-B-Que restaurant. I will share your feedback with my Director of Food and Beverage. I am happy to hear that you will be coming back to Timber Ridge Lodge in the future.~ Gerald
Mke
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We did a day trip here and had a super time in the waterpark. Since the kids in our group were multiple ages--spanning 6 mos to 11 years--I was impressed that everyone in our group had a good time. We'd like to stay here overnight if we can get back to the area. Besides the waterpark there is a petting zoo & stable on the property which the kids really wanted to visit. Unfortunately it was way too hot the day we went and they needed to close the zoo early for the safety of the animals.

We will definitely return for another visit when possible. The day trip was fun and a great value with the use of a suite.

• Stayed August 2013
DepartingDuo~ I am happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our daytripper package. The daytripper is perfect for guests who want to use the waterpark just for the day. I am glad it worked out for everyone in your group. I look forward to welcoming you back to Timber Ridge Lodge in the future. ~ Gerald
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family experience at TimberRidge Lodge was such a wonderful surprise, from the begining to the end. When we first walked into our suite. The siute had so many amentities. Example: Extra cable television in the bedroom. Wow! There was No complaints of boredom through out the day. TimberRidge always had some type of activitity for the family to participate. Towels were always available for the waterpark, fresh and clean. The staff never hestitated to help or get anything you asked for. It was a pleasure for me to know that this was for my kids vacation, but I also was on vacation! Best Experience! Marvelous treat for the entire family.!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ivy6~ Thank you for your positive comments. I am thrilled to hear that your stay was wonderful from start to finish. I will share your positive feedback with my staff. I hope you will come back and visit again soon! ~ Gerald
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We love this place, we took a 3 days two night stay in a two bedroom suite. We got to the hotel a couple of hours prior to check in, I wasn't expecting to have our rooms ready but they were. So went to dropp of the luggage and had the kids change in to their swimming suits. The kids (my 12,10,4,2 yr old) were fascinated to have their own upstairs suite with their own bathroom,tv and full closet. The suite was very clean, the kitchen well stocked with all kids of plates, pots, pans,cutlery. Even dish soap. The only thing I can complain about is that many of the outlets weren't working.

The water park is excellent, the little kids are is fantastic my 2 yr old didn't want to leave this area, the
Water slides kept all of us busy even my2 and 4yr kept riding them. The life guards are very well trained, always paying attention to what's going on and doing searches in every corner of the pools, this made me feel safe when I could keep an eye on all four kids going in 4 different directions. The water park is big but not too big were I couldn't keep track of my children. Cant wait to go there again..were thinking of going just for a night within the next month!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
carmama3 ~ After seeing the title of your review I couldn’t wait to read it in full. Thank you for your positive comments. I am happy to hear that you love Timber Ridge Lodge. It sounds like your four children were kept very busy during your stay. I apologize that you had outlets that were not working in your suite. I will ask my engineering team to take a look at it. I look forward to welcoming you back to Timber Ridge Lodge next month. ~ Gerald
Sugar Grove, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Timber Ridge Water Park was a sensational treat for the children. Our 7 year old twin grandsons couldn't wait to enjoy the activities in the water. Up and down the staircase with their large tubes, down and out of the shutes...a 100 times in one day. They seemed to go on the energy surrounding them. What a fun spot and so close to the Chicagoland area. Near enough to the downtown area for evening walks and back to the Resort for more water play.
The rooms were comfortable and the full kitchen an added plus for those early morning breakfasts or late night snacks. Certainly a place that we would return to with the grandkids!
There is an area for the smallest tykes also, plenty of seating around the pool and the life guards on duty very attentive to the children; having them constantly surveying the pool area put us greatly at ease.
Following the check out time we were allowed and encouraged to continue using the water park; no need to rush out and dressing rooms and lockers available for changing.
Many different packages to choose from...Legoland, Grandparent packet, Breakfast included packages. Linens in the room were clean and crisp, kitchen spotless with plenty of amenities, and we enjoyed a whirlpool for two in our room! A little noisey in the hallways with excited kids, but nothing our boys didn't add to...Elevators are way too slow and only 2 not enough for a crowded hotel...took the stairs more often because of the long waits.

Room Tip: We would have chosen a room on a lower floor had we known the elevators were so slow. Luggage carts...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joan A ~ I always enjoy reading reviews from grandparents who bring their grandchildren to Timber Ridge Lodge for some quality time together. It certainly sounds like you had a delightful time while you were here and I am sure those twin boys kept you VERY busy. I hope that you will visit us again soon! ~ Gerald