“Good but could be better”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Exceptionally clean and a nice water park. Several different age group amenities and pool options. It was nice that they had life jackets available easily. The rooms are a bit oddly laid out but comfortable. The hot tub in the suite was a nice touch. The pool hours being a little earlier than 9 or 10 am when check out is at 11 am would be appreciated. Further eating options beyond Smoky's would be nice too. However, the Grand Geneva is only a short trolley ride away.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Troy G
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Troy G~ Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Timber Ridge Lodge. I am happy to hear that you found our facilities to be clean and comfortable. During our peak season the waterpark hours are 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Guests are welcome to stay as long as they wish on the day of checkout to use the waterpark. We have locker rooms available for guests who have checked out of their room and would like to change or shower. I hope that you will come and visit with us again soon! ~Gerald

There are newer reviews for Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I really liked the 1 bedroom suite that allowed you to cook something and the room size was great. The bathroom was equipped with a big Jacuzzi. But one of the jets was broken in our room. We were disappointed at the water park. It was much smaller than the pictures. There are not much going on on the property. The service was friendly and liked the activities set up for kids.

Room Tip: Try top floor...you can hear foot steps from the above...
2  Thank P A

P A ~ Thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback. I am happy to hear that the accommodations worked out well for you. Please accept my apologies that one of the jets was not working in your Jacuzzi tub. Many would agree that our waterpark is geared towards younger children, which is a benefit to those families who feel comfortable in a smaller environment. Also, we are not open to the public like a lot of other hotel waterparks are. I hope that you will come and visit us again. ~ Gerald

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Took a set of 5 year old twins to Timber Ridge and our trip was enjoyed by all. Rooms are great with kitchen and many utensils, not like a hotel room and setup great.
Had a late checkout with no problem and all staff very good from the front desk and especially the lifeguards. Clean and made just right for the needs of all ages.
Will go back again for sure.
A great family outing.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

PalatineDick N~ I was thrilled to read that you had a great family outing with us here at Timber Ridge Lodge! I am sure your 5 year old twins kept you quite busy with so much to do on property. I will share your positive comments with our lifeguards. We can’t wait to welcome you back soon! ~ Gerald

Reviewed May 27, 2013

we went for a couple of days as an early mothers day trip. we absolutely loved it everyone gets to enjoy their favorite corner its great and affordable!just what we need and its so close to home.we have gone a few times now for different ocasions,even for just because and we love it.This time we went to smokeys bbq for dinner it was awesome best burger i have had in along time! the service was great and i love that we can still bring in coolers and snacks if we want. we make it our own at our own budget its great! thanks timber ridge we will see you soon!

1  Thank Mayra R

Mayra R~ Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the hotel and Smokey’s. I look forward to seeing you again soon! ~ Gerald

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We LOVE Timber Ridge. We started going there after a massive microburst power outage a few years back. We had no where to go after our power went out and with being on a well...we had no options but to leave. So with our 2 year old in toe, we had to find a hotel that was more than a hotel but close enough that we didn't have to drive hours and hours. We live about 35 minutes from the resort and LOVE it. I love that the suites are so functional that we can bring all of our own food OR we can eat at the amazing bbq restaurant OR we can take our car into town. There are just so many options. It's super family friendly and yet luxurious enough with the Grand Geneva that even Mom gets some time out for a massage :) The staff is super helpful and friendly. The rooms are great for us, so that Mom & Dad get the room and our son gets the pull out with the TV for 'special movie nights'. We love the buy two nights get the third free. It's such a great value for us and being so close to home, we can 'stay-cation' any time we want.

Room Tip: We love having a room that's far away from the pool since we have a child that still naps. We ha...
1  Thank GoldieBeth

GoldieBeth~ Thank you so much for your positive comments about Timber Ridge Lodge. I am so happy to read that you LOVE Timber Ridge and are a repeat guest. Since you live close by and can come on short notice I hope that you check out the Hot Date Rates listed on our website in addition to the packages that you are already familiar with. I look forward to welcoming you back to Timber Ridge soon! ~ Gerald

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family (wife and two daughters, 7 and 5) and I just got back from Timber Ridge over Mother's Day weekend. It was the first time we stayed at Timber Ridge but not the first in Lake Geneva. Overall, I would say it was a very nice stay, and a good value when compared with other resorts in the area with indoor water parks.

We arrived right at 1 PM, which is when Timber Ridge lets you start to use the water park if checking in that day. To our surprise, the front desk not only gave us wristbands but also let us check into our room (4 PM is normal check-in time)! That was a big plus to start out.

Our room was great (all rooms there are suites). We opted for the one bedroom suite (the least expensive), which includes the separate bedroom, pull-out sofa, a small kitchen, fireplace, balcony, and 2-person whirlpool tub. I felt that the rate we paid for the room was very reasonable - not only less expensive than the base rooms at other indoor water parks in the area (e.g. Key Lime Cove), but also you get a lot more in the room.

After checking in, we went right to the indoor water park. The indoor water park is on the smaller side (when compared to Key Lime Cove or others in the Dells): there is a toddler/small kids area right in the front, an activity pool with basketball hoops and lily pads right behind it, a lazy river, two big slides (one tube and one body), and that's about it. The park was plenty big enough for all of us to have fun, though. (There's an outdoor section, too, which we didn't use because it was too cold.)

Parents with toddlers and/or kids who cannot swim: before you go in, I have to give you a heads-up: immediately adjacent and behind the toddler/small kids area are stairs to go to a larger (yellow) slide that goes into the activity pool (4-5 feet deep). Within 5 minutes of arriving, our 5 year old who had been playing in that area (and who can't swim well) ventured up those stairs, out of sight, and down that yellow slide. For a few seconds, my wife and I weren't sure where she went and then...we heard two loud whistles indicating that a lifeguard had to pull someone out of the water.

Ugh. Needless to say, we found out first-hand that the lifeguard staff is very professional (and friendly).

While I definitely take responsibility for losing sight of my child (which seemed like it was for less than a split second), I think the layout of the water park itself could (and should) be tweaked a little to better segregate the toddler/small kids area from the activity pool and prevent something like this from happening. That probably wasn't the first time something like that happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

One other heads-up: the particular cocktail of pool sanitizer they are using (chlorine? bromine?) is *really* strong. There were several people walking around the water park with noticeably red skin, and when I showered afterward, my skin stung like I had a pretty good sunburn.

We didn't eat at the restaurants, as we knew we had a kitchen in our room beforehand and brought some food with us. We did get Gino's East pizza delivered for dinner, though. :-)

Anyway, we did end up having a good time at Timber Ridge, and will definitely consider staying here again the next time we head up to Lake Geneva for a weekend.

Room Tip: First floor for easiest access to water park!
1  Thank jason_r_smith
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

jason_r_smith~ Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at Timber Ridge Lodge. It was a pleasure to read that your very first stay with us was during Mother’s Day Weekend. I will share your concerns regarding the layout of the waterpark with my aquatics team. I am relieved to know that everything ended well with your 5 year old daughter. Our lifeguards take their job very seriously and our guests’ safety is always our top priority. I will share your positive comments with them. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. ~ Gerald

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been here a couple times and always enjoy this place as a great place to spend time as a family and with other families. Rooms are very comfortable and more like a condo then a hotel. Staff is friendly and waterpark is great for younger kids.

Room Tip: if you are staying with others call the morning of your stay to remind them to have rooms together...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Avannice ~ Thank you for your great review of Timber Ridge Lodge. I always appreciate hearing feedback from repeat guests. I am happy that your stays are always enjoyable. I will share your positive comments with my staff. Please come back and visit us again soon! ~ Gerald