“great for LITTLE ones...”

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed March 30, 2013

take little ones o onl y....older kids will probably get bored....my kids 7 & under loved the pool, activities, pizza, etc. I had the travelzoo package that included free legos, pizza & arcade tokens....the staff is incredibly helpful and fun!! the activity room guy was awesome & we had the most fun with kaeoke!! the trolley drivers were lovely....even the kids in the moose mountain eatery were so nice!! we quickly got the hang of manuevering the crowds....and it was just me & 3 kids....we love the rooms, had fun at the stables....and always enjoy the lake geneva area...especially alice in wonderland kids shop & ginos east on the lake!! run don't walk before the kids/grandkids grow up!!

Room Tip: I ask for an upper floor away from the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Flizzer ~ Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Timber Ridge Lodge. I enjoyed reading the details on how much fun your family had during your stay. I am happy you were able to take advantage of one of our packages. I will share your comments with our trolley drivers and activities staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon. ~ Gerald

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

They were unable to check us in for over an hour after check in time. The water park was way over crowded. It was wall to wall People in the lazy river which was way too narrow to accommodate the number of people. There were not enough tables. There was not much for older kids. Only one water slide and one tube slide. The room was great! However, we asked for extra blankets at the front desk. When they didn't arrive, we called the front desk. Then my husband finally went back down and three hours after first requesting extra blankets, we got them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Joy C ~ I appreciate your candid feedback regarding your recent stay. My team strives for consistent excellence in everything we offer here at Timber Ridge, especially during our peak periods such as spring break. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations during your stay. I do see that my front office manager worked with you while you were here in an effort to compensate you for the inconveniences you experienced. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at 262-249-3450. ~ Gerald

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have stayed at this location several times and the staff is always very helpful and we have great fun! There's so many options of things to do on site! My suggestion is def. to go during non-peak travel seasons and if you can...during the week. On weekends it's a bit crowded but when we have gone during the week we have been 1 of maybe 3 guest rooms there.

My only complaint is the 2 bedrooms have a loft bedroom and it can get very hot in there even with AC on and it can be noisy if someone is in the living room area.
But I love the hot tub type tubs in the rooms and the full kitchens and fire places!

Room Tip: rooms with 2 bedrooms have lofts and are opened to the living room area so they are not the quietest...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

beth d ~ Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to hear that you are a repeat guest and I appreciate your loyalty to Timber Ridge Lodge. I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back again soon. Please make sure you sign up for our email blasts so that you are informed of any special rates/packages that we are offering. ~ Gerald

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We traveled to TRL for an overnight stay midweek during spring break. It was a very pleasant experience for adults and kids alike. The boys (ages 3 and 5) had a GREAT time! The Treat & Retreat Package was GREAT for our family - and really made this trip more affordable - not a budget breaker! The only draw back was the bed...it was extremely firm - but that was our only not-completely-satisfied part of our experience.

The staff was very friendly and you can tell they were empowered to provide a positive, family-focused stay, and be as accommodating as possible.

Example 1: in the arcade, the boys received light saber swords...the staff member let us know that if the toys broke while we were there to bring them back in for a replacement before we left...this was the case and the staff didn't even question the exchange. They were fabulous - and let's just say, we had an ecstatic 3-year old & 5-year old - making for a more enjoyable time for the adults too! :)

Example 2: The trolley drive took us to the petting zoo (which was closed) and waited for us while the kids got to pet the animals that were outside. Then took us on a driving tour of the entire resort property and that of the Grand Geneva. It was nice as he filled us in on little tidbits of activities that we were grateful to learn about for future visits - like sledding and other outside winter activities that are available!

We have already suggested TRL to several friends and family...we are also hoping to be able to come back again...it was great that there were so many activities available in the winter - and hope to be able to enjoy them again in winter AND spring/summer! :)

1  Thank Amber W
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Amber W ~ Thank you for your wonderful review and for referring Timber Ridge to your friends and family. I am happy you were able to take advantage of our Treat & Retreat package. Please make sure you sign up for our email blasts that will notify you of special rates/packages we are offering so you can come back and visit us again this summer. I will share your positive comments with my team. I am very proud to have such a wonderful and dedicated staff here at Timber Ridge! ~ Gerald

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our family weekend at Timber Ridge was top notch all the way. Front desk experience was smooth and friendly which set the standard for the rest of the weekend. Restaurant staff brought out "split" meals, already split up on the plates, which made the dining experience easy and neat. We were celebrating a birthday and staff joined in for the singing. We stayed in a family suite where the beds were comfy, and rooms were clean and met all our needs for family space. The kids were so worn out from all the fun in the waterpark that they slept all the way home. Great experience. I especially liked that the rules in the waterpark were nicely enforced by plenty of life guards. Waterpark space was nicely laid out for all ages.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Pam F ~ Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay. I am happy that your family had such a great time here at Timber Ridge. We strive to make sure that our guests experience a getaway that is one to be cherished for many years to come. Please send my birthday wishes to your family member who was celebrating their birthday with us! We look forward to welcoming all of you back soon. ~ Gerald

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The rooms are spacious and very clean. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a full kitchen. We've stayed in the grand Geneva many times but this was our first stay at timber ridge. This hotel seems more kid and family oriented. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The wellspa facility also has a very nice gym with a full basketball court, tennis courts, and aerobic/weight area. The only downside I'd say was that the wifi was very spotty and I couldn't get very good cell reception here either. When we've stayed at grand Geneva, the wifi was the strongest I've seen in any hotel.
Otherwise, this is a very nice hotel to enjoy time off with the family.

• Stayed: March 2013

Primecap ~ Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our suites worked out well for your family. I appreciate your feedback regarding the Wi-Fi issues and I have notified our IT department. I hope that you and your family will come and visit us again soon! ~ Gerald

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very clean, very nice rooms!! We had seven in our group, which included two kids. We stood in a family suite which was awesome! My husband and I stood upstairs with the two kids, while my mother in law and aunts stood downstaris. Big enough for all of us...plus still gave us all the privacy we needed. Definitely would go back again. Would have given it a five star rating, but I think the pool area needed a little bit of improvement. I just wish that they had some kind of pool for the kids to actually swim in. They have a pool that is divided basically up into three sections, basketball area, slide area, and a rope climbing log section. Not enough room for all the kids that were there playing. Also, the indoor/outdoor hot tub was really cool, but too many young kids and teenagers were in there, which basically leaves no room for the adults to go and relax. But all in all, a wonderful time had there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed big to me, so you should have plenty of room for a family.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Gerald R, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Ramos7654 ~ Thank you for your comments. I smiled as I read the title of your review “Lots of family fun!!” Our goal here at Timber Ridge Lodge is to help families have a great experience that creates lasting memories for a lifetime. It sounds like your family had a wonderful time and I hope that you will come back again soon! ~ Gerald