“Great overnight Family Getaway!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark

Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Wi
“Great overnight Family Getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I just have to say we've been to many indoor waterparks this was by far one of the best we've been too.. It's close to home for us so that was a plus..But the water temp was perfect!! It was great for our kids who aren't the best swimmers,our 3yr loved going down the tube slides! Also going on the indoor/outdoor hot tub !
Rooms were nice, kids loved having there own bedroom :) My only complaint I guess would be that maybe the lifeguards that are by the green & yellow slide actually go in the water as people are coming out.Just seemed like most of them were bored and not really paying attention.. My 4yr went ahead of me and jumped in (hence not listening ;). Just would've been nice that the lifeguard 2 feet away could of grabbed him seeing I had a 3ry in my other arms...Other than that we can't wait to come back again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Leslie J, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Jen D~
Thank you for your recent post, and for staying at Timber Ridge! I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed the waterpark and are already looking forward to coming back and staying with us again. Our team prides themselves in providing a safe and fun environment for all of our guests. I will share your comments with our lifeguard staff.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We are currently staying at the lodge so I can't give my full review, but I have to comment on the life guards at the water park. I am appalled at how they are walking their patrols and looking at everything BUT in the water. We have been to Great Wolf Lodge in Ohio, and their life guards would visibly scan the water each and every time they walked past the pool, you could see their heads nodding up and down as they scanned sections. The lifeguards here are more concerned with their drinks then potential issues in the water. Not good.

Stayed November 2012
Leslie J, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Jelschue,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent visit to the Waterpark. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. We take the safety of our guests in the Waterpark very seriously and I want to ensure your concerns are addressed. Please contact me directly at 262.249.3450 at your earliest convenience.
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was our first stay at Timber Ridge. We spent two nights in a one bedroom suite. The room was clean, and the layout with the full kitchen came in very useful as we ate half our meals in the room. We ate two meals (dinner and breakfast) at the Smoky's BBQ restaurant in the hotel. While the menu was slightly limited, the quality of the food was good, and the prices were very reasonable. The water park was very clean and well run. The life guards were very friendly. Our kids had a blast for two days at the water park. The staff overall was very professional and friendly.

The two things keep us from giving Timber Ridge 5 stars was that the bed was uncomfortable, and there was a mandatory $15/day resort fee that they don't tell you about until you're making the reservation. If it's mandatory, then just include it in the upfront price. It's frustrating to plan on the lodging costing X, and then find out it's really X + $30.

But overall, we had a good time and liked the resort enough to visit again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Beware of the $15/day resort fee tacked on while making the reservation.
wrzbm~
Thank you for your recent post. It is always great to read when families decide to stay with us especially those who are first time guests. I am glad that our accommodations fit the needs of your family so well. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Waupun, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Rooms were nice and clean. LOVED the kid/family friendly kitchen with microwave, stove, fridge, and dishwasher! They even provided plates, glasses, etc... everything you needed to make your stay affordable :)

Amy K~

Thank you for your post about your recent stay. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the room accommodations. Thank you again for choosing Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Island Lake, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Since we couldn't find a babysitter for our two little kids, we decided to surprise them with a little getaway for our anniversary. I called only a couple days before we were going to arrive and they gave us a discount since it was our anniversary and then when we arrived in our room, there was a bottle of champagne and a card signed by all the employees. Nice touch! Our kids (age 2 and 5) had a blast in the waterpark and at PJ storytime. I love all the activities for the kids! The only downside was the sofa sleeper, way too uncomfortable. The mattress was super thin and you could feel all the springs and everything. We bought food for all our meals and the kitchen in room provided us with everything we needed. We will definitely be staying again!

• 5 of 5 stars
Leslie J, General Manager at Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Sallen25~ Happy Anniversary! Thank you for staying with us to celebrate. I am happy to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of the room accommodations. We look forward to welcoming you back!
~ Leslie
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Grand Geneva Resort is a classic rural golf, spa, and banquet destination. With immaculately manicured grounds and timeless charm, this resort offers creature comforts and a calm sense of ease. Timber Ridge Resort, which is a part of Grand Geneva, is like the younger, slightly less kempt and rowdier sibling.
I first heard of Timber Ridge in the Travelzoo Weekly Top 20, which is a must for anyone who likes to spend their disposable income and free time exploring the country. Travelzoo offers weekly deals on local hotels and restaurants as well as popular national destinations.
Upon arrival at Timber Ridge, I was a bit taken aback by the noise and sheer number of children and adults wandering the hotel lobby at 8:30 p.m. In fact, as I was checking in, a little girl came up and hugged my leg, clearly thinking I was her father. The waterpark closes at 9:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, and these happy travelers were squeezing every moment out of it that they could.
We had not eaten and soon discovered the limited food options at Timber Ridge. There is Smokey’s BBQ which was busy, but to be honest, the multitude of chicken fingers turned me off, and we never ate there. I was not aware of the Hungry Moose cafeteria, which is in the waterpark, so we explored the many food options in Lake Geneva proper, a short drive up the road.
Knowing that this was a waterpark, I had lowered expectations about the room, and I was pleasantly surprised. Our One Bedroom Suite was large, comfortable, and clean. The room featured a huge entrance closet, full kitchen (no oven), dining table for six, seating area with fireplace and television, small balcony, oversized bathroom with a two person Jacuzzi tub, and a bedroom with another large closet and second television.
Despite the pleasant surroundings, our room experience was not perfect. Unrelenting thunderous banging from above forced us to call to complain. This was a first for me. The noise stopped several minutes later, but it reappeared intermittently throughout the weekend. The hallways were always full of people including running and sometimes screaming children. If you can accept this as a part of the deal, which we did, then you will enjoy staying at Timber Ridge. The accommodations were as nice as advertised, perhaps even nicer.
One aspect that was not as well advertised was the resort fee. At $15 per day, it seemed steep, but we got quite a bit for it. The first perk that we took advantage of was the Wireless Internet, which worked everywhere in the room and was faster than expected. I was even able to stream a couple of movies. The fee also covered two bottles of water each day. Most importantly, the fee covered the use of the Grand Geneva Well Spa fitness facilities, which were fantastic and are described below.
To begin day two, we ate breakfast at the Grand Geneva Resort. The service was over the top friendly, without being overbearing. The food was simply delicious. We enjoyed the buffet and the eggs benedict, both of which were fantastic. I cannot stress enough how kind and attentive the service was, both by the hostess and the server.
We next made our way to the waterpark. It must be understood that this is a small indoor waterpark, which has two waterslides, a lazy, almost somnambulant river, a pool, and a dedicated toddler pool. If you are looking for a thrilling and unique experience, this is not the waterpark for you. If you have a toddler or small child, Timber Ridge is perfect. Our daughter would have ridden the slides in the toddler pool until she wore out the bottom of her bathing suit. As it was, we rode with her somewhere between six and seven million times. She was ecstatic. They also sell small inner tubes, which serve as seats for babies and toddlers, and they are only $5! These work well for a family trip in the lazy river. The waterslides were fun, not amazing. There was an inner tube slide, which started with a burst of speed and that was about it. The other slide was completely dark, except for a few LED lights and had some nice speed, but I felt every seam on my back. One nice feature was that even though the park was crowded, I never waited more than a minute or two to ride a slide, but as I said, this is a waterpark primarily for families, especially those with little kids.
While the little one napped, we made use of the fitness facilities. Well Spa is a full service spa, but the fitness facilities are included in the resort fee. This includes a workout area, full basketball court, tennis courts (fee), rock climbing wall (also a fee), and your typical spa locker room, complete with “Head Locker Room Attendant”. He was great, extremely personable. You can use the whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and multi-headed showers for free. There is, of course, the typical spa lounge area with ice water and lemon. This experience offered a quiet respite from the Timber Ridge experience and prepared us to go back, face the crowds and ride the slides again.
The housekeeping staff at Timber Ridge was ever present, and hard working. As with all of the employees, they were friendly and helpful. It should be noted that Timber Ridge hosts a wealth of activities for families, but we just did not have the time to check them all out. We will on our return trips. Timber Ridge offers a superb getaway for families. Just keep in mind that it is crowded and noisy, but the clean, comfortable and large rooms, fun family activities, and the pleasant and helpful staff more than make up for any shortcomings.

• 5 of 5 stars
SmartTravelerBlog~ It sounds like you and your family had a great weekend and I am glad Timber Ridge was able to be a part of it! Thank you for taking the time to share all your experiences from the weekend. Please be sure to sign up for our email blasts to learn about different specials. We look forward to welcoming you back!
~ Leslie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Got a fab deal on travelzoo of 109 for a 1 br....the condo was roomy with lots of great stuff....fireplace, 2 seater jacuzzi tub, balcony with a great view of the fall colors, full size fridge, dishwasher.....and lots of great little touches like a clothesline in the tub area for swimsuits....it came with 4 2 day waterpark passes....on the day you ck out you can stay at the park as long as you want...they have good showers & changing areas for after.
Downsides are minimal but they search your bags and confiscate any "outside" drinks/food....even juice boxes (you get them back when you leave) but the "inside" food & drink was ok. I can see no glass but that seemed excessive. It is offset by the fact that the lifeguards are plentiful and attentive....
The blankets ont he beds were worn and one even had holes in it....couldn't see why you'd skimp on that when everything else is top shelf.
All in all it was a great bargain and a wonderful fall break for my grandkids.

Room Tip: closer to the park is better....we were quite far but probably because of our deal....
    • 5 of 5 stars
Flizzer~ Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Timber Ridge. I am happy to learn that you and your grandkids enjoyed their fall break. I would like to address some of your concerns: we are required to check bags for food as Wisconsin State law prohibits any food or beverage to be brought in from outside the Waterpark. Also, we assign rooms to our guests based on a rotation so that each room is used an equal amount. In the future please feel to make a request for a specific location and we will do our best to accommodate. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,