All reviews hunt club common areas golf outing family reunion common kitchen putting green ping pong table cypress point daughter's wedding great courses gas grill community room highly recommend for couples entire house perfect place for a family golf course in great shape
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a great experience staying at the inns in June of 2013...we had a group of 6 families which was perfect since the inns have 6 rooms each...what is nice is that it is setup like a hotel, in that each family checks into their assigned room and pays separately...

large common areas on the main floor and lower level, good size kitchen and dining table...we were able to use the pool near the inns and also at the hotel and enjoyed them thoroughly

We used the grill in back to barbeque one night...

overall it was a great trip and we are planning a return next year

I have noticed the concerns with getting assistance at times...the inns are located by the golf course and near the home community...after hours you rely on hotel staff to answer your questions...we never had trouble getting help, but it was a little complex and took perhaps a little longer than if you were at the hotel, but it was worth it in my opinion

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our stay at the Innd was a pleasure. My wife and I enjoyed the amenities such as the well decorated living area and kitchen. It was like having our own cabin in the woods. We will be planning a return engagement!

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Where should I begin. We were in town for the funeral of my father-in-law over the July 4th weekend. it was the only place in the area with availability over that weekend, so we had little choice. After check-in, we entered our room. Passing through the common area, it was extremely cold and when we entered our room, it was quite warm. I checked thermostats in both and they were set to exactly the same temp. I had noticed damage to the front security door when we entered and there were frayed spots on the carpet and woodwork with areas that were unfinished. The bathroom in our room was quite outdated. The beds were comfortable and the view of the course was nice. And it was nice that we were next door to my sister-in-law and her family.

However, when we left for the funeral, we exited through the patio door, rather than the main entry door. Unfortunately, as we found out later, the deadbolt was locked when we left. Upon our return, we were effectively locked out of our room. After making 6 calls, I finally had my call answered by the after hours person, who was located at Geneva Ridge Resort, which is offsite. The person on the phone went through a series of options with me, which included "are you sure you're at the right room?" and "do you really need to get into your room tonight?" The person then said they would check with security and the manager and call me back. He promptly took my number and promised a call within minutes. I'm still waiting for that call a week later. We took it upon ourselves to break into our own room through the same patio door that we had left through earlier in the day.

When we checked out 2 days later, I expressed my concern with the ease with which we were able to break into our own room. I also discussed my disappointment with the overall quality of the property, along with the lack of amenities (2 Keurig cups for 4 people?) all for the price of $329/night? I was assured by the person that checked us out that I would receive a call within hours from the manager. I did however, receive a contrite "sorry" for the inconvenience. I'm still waiting for that call as well.

I would NOT recommend staying at the Inns at any cost. The physical condition and quality of the Inns is lackluster, especially at this price point. I have stayed at far nicer Hampton Inns around the country.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank BadgerBoy83
Markus S, General Manager at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear BadgerBoy83,

I am sorry for your loss, and I understand that it can be a stressful time. I would like to apologize for struggling to provide you and your family an environment that was relaxing and hassle free.

When you expressed your concerns at checkout, my team got to work immediately to remedy the problems you mentioned. I would like to sincerely apologize for the behavior of our front desk associate. The individuals involved have been identified and are going through additional training specifically in the areas of “Customer Service Skills” and “Recognizing a Sense of Urgency”. Additionally, our maintenance team researched, tested, and installed security plates on all of the affected doors.

I also attempted to contact you via US Postal Mail. If you did not receive that letter, or if you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact me at 262.245.4000.

I know none of this changes your recent experience, but I hope you can rest assured we heard your concerns and are definitely doing something about it.

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. Without our guests feedback we cannot accurately address our shortcomings and celebrate our accomplishments.

In Service,
Markus Savaglio
Inns of Geneva National

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time being able to stay in a place with a common area with a large flat screen tv, able to watch big games while playing cards at the big table. Loved being able to bring in food and drinks to make on our own in the kitchen. Perfect for groups playing golf and looking to stay nearby!

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The way the Inns are setup is perfect for group gatherings of any kind. Privacy within a group setting. Conference rm / great rm when needed with privacy optional, all in the same building. I would like to see this idea catch on in more areas.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel