“Wedding RUINED”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Madison
“Wedding RUINED”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for my best friend's wedding (which I also stood up in). We stayed for three nights and after the first night, our AC went out. We called the frot desk, they sent maintenance over, and while we were at the rehearsal dinner we learned the AC unit needed to be replaced. The room was HOT and smelled horrible. We ended up sleeping on couches in the common area in the basement and I took my bridesmaid dress to another friends's room so it wouldn't stink. The next day was the wedding and as I was helping my friend get into her wedding gown I was dealing with management on the phone trying to get a new room that we could sleep in a room. They left a key to a new room for us and my boyfriend had to leave the ceremony to move us into our new room. After all this, I went to check out and they refused to reduce the rate. I emailed and called management for WEEKS after our stay to get an answer from them and a reduced rate because of our horrible stay. I received no reply emails and no calls back. I would never recommend this hotel to any one under any circumstances.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank lenzergirl
Markus S, General Manager at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Lenzergirl,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate all of our guest’s feedback so we can celebrate our successes and address our challenges.

I would like to sincerely apologize for your past experience with the Inns of Geneva National. Between the time you stayed with us and the time you posted the review our hotel under went a change in ownership, management, and experienced a complete remodel.

I know that does not change your experience, but I would like to emphasize that our new team has resolved all of your concerns.

Thank you again for your feedback, if your ever willing to let us try to make a better second impression please don’t hesitate to call me at 262.245.4000.

In Service,
Markus Savaglio
Inns of Geneva National

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waupun, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our extended family meets every year at Christmas somewhere in the Lake Geneva area and I must say, the Inns was a great choice for us. We toured the facility in October and were told the Inns were all going to be renovated, but we knew our building would not be done before we stayed there - so no surprises as to the dated decor, etc.

What was so wonderful was to have us all together in one place without having to worry about annoying other guests. Each Inn has two large living areas, each with a fire place, and large dining areas for eating and playing games. The six guest rooms allowed people to get away from the general chaos.

There is a kitchen on the main floor. As with most places, it was skimpily furnished with cooking utensils, but we brought extra pots and pans, silverware, paper plates, etc., so we did fine with our meals.

My mother has mobility issues, so we were happy to have a ramp to get her into the building and that her room was equipped with handicap bars.

The kids wanted to swim, so we were happy that we were able to use the pool at Geneva Ridge. It is a bit of a drive to get there though.

The rooms were very clean and the maid service was excellent.

We had a wonderful time at the Inns and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy023580
jmyers514, Director of Sales at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you, Amy. We hope to see you back again, and can't wait so show you all of the renovations that will be completed in May. Happy New Year.
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Inns when I went up to play the golf courses at Geneva National. The location couldn't be any closer to the clubhouse and the courses, that was great. The accommodations are in need of some updates, the beds are a bit old and spongy and the pressure in the shower is not great. I heard that the facilities are under new management and I can see some of the units are already being worked on. I am looking forward to staying there in the future and I can't wait to see them after they are updated.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 20_April_02
jmyers514, Director of Sales at Inns Of Geneva National, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for the comment. We are excited to show you the "new and improved" Inns as well. Renovations are underway, and we look forward to having the first building done in December. The entire property will be completed before Memorial Day. We look forward to seeing you next year, and, as the new owners of the Inns giving the Inns not only a new look, but also bringing the standards of Geneva National service to the property.