“Limited selection but evrything is fresh and good”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweet House of Madness
Ranked #3 of 3 Bakeries in Lake Geneva
Glen Carbon, Illinois
“Limited selection but evrything is fresh and good”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This small bakery has some great croissants and other baked goods. If you like scones which are one of my favaorites, they are good also. We also bought a freshly baked loaf of the herb bread and it was firm and chewy. The grandchildren liked the cookies which were a about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. We will be back.

Visited June 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“BAD BAD BAD”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I just got married and the Sweet House was my cake baker for my wedding cake. The service is completely horrid. When I first did my cake tasting, it was with a lady by the name of Jonna and she was great! She emailed me, followed through on what she said and when I showed her a picture of what I wanted my cake to look like, she said it wouldn’t be a problem to do.

A few weeks after my tasting, I called to follow up with Jonna and was told she was no longer employed there. Of course being a bride, I was beside myself and honestly nervous. I was handed off to a gentleman named Michael and he was very nice but seemed very busy. He told me that he would take my name and number down and get back to me. He never got back to me. I called a week later and Michael told me that they must have lost my file. Again, I freaked out. I asked to come in and do another tasting but was told I would have to pay for it. How rude! Of course, I did the tasting again because my wedding cake was something very important to me and my fiancé.

I had my tasting a few weeks later and felt more at ease. I emailed Michael right after the tasting following up exactly what I was wanting in my wedding cake but he never wrote back. I figured he was busy but with everything going on, I felt that I should call just to touch base with him. I called and was told that Michael was no longer working there. You can imagine my frustration at this point.

The Sweet House ended up doing my wedding cake and I really wish I would have went elsewhere. The cake was barely delievered in time for my reception and the slices of cake were so small. It was dry, tasteless and honestly embarrasing. I cannot believe this place is in business and obviously with all of the staff changes the management has no clue what they are doing.

DO NOT GO HERE!!!

• Visited May 2012
5 Thank Bride M
Naples, Florida
“Yes, it's a bakery - but not just any bakery”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

As the other reviewers point out, this is a place to get great bakery items, not a restaurant. But what a bakery! My husband finds the almond croissants the best he's had since France. That's saying a lot. Go in, pick up a croissant or two, a beverage, a baguette (baked fresh every day) and try a couple of free sweet samples. Then have yourself a picnic by Lake Geneva.
How bad could that be?

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank FranklyFrancophile
Burlington, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the cupcakes”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The passion fruit cupcakes are irresistible!!! I wish we had more bakeries like this.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Lynn572
“Simply a BAKERY”
Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a "wonderful bakery"! Love "™the cinnamon roll". Beyond that...this is an artisan/specialty bakery. *To my knowledge (when I was there) only SERVE (Self-Serve?) delicious baked goods and beverages. Want a restaurant, this is NOT the place. Trip Advisor needs to look at (re-vamp?) the categorizing ...BAKERY, serving their bakery goods & beverages, relax (?) In (seating on high uncomfortable stools) or better yet, take To-Go & enjoy "lake views" Yes!! (Restaurant..NO!)