“ok family stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hartland, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“ok family stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have visited twice now. The first time we were kept up all night till 5:00 am in the morning because of very loud neighbors in their 20's partying all night long and we couldn't sit on the balcony to relax because their smoke was coming our way, and couldn't keep the door open for fresh air because of the smoke too. I told the front desk and they said their security would check it out, but they never did. I sent an email to the manager, but she did nothing, not even a discount for further stays. She said she was sorry, but oh well. The next time we stayed, it was better. The rooms were nice. Wish they did have an adult pool that was bigger....and the hot tub jets were down the 3 days we were there, and they didn't fix it. They knew the whole time, but acted like they just discovered it every time they were told. My 11 y/o liked it, but my 15 y/o wanted a better pool outside to swim in. We also couldn't get into our room until 4:00 so we had to wait awhile to get into it....and I had a headache, so this wasn't fun. The rooms are clean and like the mini-fridge to bring food.,

Visited August 2013

Kansas City
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice property geared for younger kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

For several years, my college friends and I (class of 1993) get together with our families annually for our fantasy football league draft. In the past, we have gone to one of the water parks in the Wisconsin Dells. We decided on a change. Timber Ridge is a very nice property. The rooms are up to date and clean; and all the staff are friendly and attentive. The water park is a little limited in what it has to offer, compared to the Dells' properties. Plus, it is geared more to younger kids, namely 9 and under. The other kids in our group - ages 10-15 - expressed that there was not as much for them to do. Granted, kids in that age group stereotypically complain about anything, but I have known these kids for many years and I took them at their word.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank BadgerMike
Greenfield, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great experience for a family group of 10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family of 10 ranged in age from 5 to 80. We had a suite for the day and were very impressed with the helpful and courteous staff. Our suite was ready at 11 am on a busy July 4th weekend. The suite was clean and stocked with all the necessities. The food at the food court was good and varied. We did not expect a large waterpark and were pleased with everything we experienced. We'll definitely be back!

Visited July 2013
McHenry
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wow, not thrilled with our experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Planned a 2 night stay over Spring Break for several months, really looked forward to it.
The room was the best part of our stay, it was lovely and clean.
At the Smokey's BBQ House we all had dinner, although the waiter was very nice, the dark meat chicken leg and thigh were still red/pink inside.
The waterpark does not have enough water activities to keep older children interested (our Son called it a baby pool), perhaps it is great for the very young, even our 10 year-old was disappointed, nowhere to actually swim. She and I scraped knees/foot in the lazy river which is shallow.
On the last day of our stay she got hives on her legs, never had hives before.
I had a friend come see us for a brief visit, stayed in her street clothes, we wanted to walk around the waterpark and look at it, so we were asked to go to the front desk and get a observer wristband, which we did, when we received the room bill receipt under our door ( I had completed the transaction at check-in) there was a $5.00 charge for an observer band. No one told us there was a charge for an observer band when we were getting it. My husband went to the front desk to pay the additional charge.
I am a person who has experience with pools and waterparks of all kinds.
We have stayed at KeyLime Cove in Gurnee, IL twice, the Grand Harbor in Dubuque, IA once, various at Wisc. Dells, Six Flags- Hurricane Harbor, etc.
I am giving an honest review,come to your own conclusions.
This will be one we will never go back to and we are very sorry we spent our money here.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank hungrypatronMcHenry
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Go to the Dells”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We went because it was closer to Chicago than the Wisconsin Dells. Huge mistake. The place was poorly run, short staffed, and dirty. We had a 1 bedroom suite for a family if four. Room was dirty, food was in the fridge from the previous guest, and the clocks did not work. The water park was very small, and very crowded. There is no staff cleaning up the water park as the day goes on. Go to the Wisconsin Dells or Keylime cove in Gurnee.

3 Thank Joshshapiro