“Poor service”

Tempura House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here tonight. The food is quite good -- we had sushi, soup, salad, and noodles -- but our server was just awful. We were at the restaurant for almost 2 hours and there was just no reason for this. It was not too busy of a night and we didn't order anything complicated. Please, Tempura House, work on your service!!

1  Thank DGWendy

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were greeted by the strong odor of fish as the sushi counter is just inside the door. As we made our way to the table, the smell dissipated. Server was friendly and informative, but could have been a bit quicker since there were only a few customers. Conversation level was very loud (poor building acoustics?) and at a table for two we had trouble hearing each other without raising our voices. Mongolian Beef, was served on a sizzling platter and very good, but lacked any noodles and had too many mushrooms for my liking. Sukiyaki Chicken was served in a shallow stew pot and was very sweet. The noodles were most enjoyable, but overall not much flavor. Not good enough for a return trip for us.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Tempura exceeded our expectations. Service was prompt, friendly and accurate, even as was her
First night. We enjoyed a beautiful evening out on the patio.The menu offerings were extensive. The hibachi steak and Mongolian shrimp were delicious. They arrived at our table sizzling hot and with little wait. Dinner as included salad,soup and rice. A very pleasant evening and dining experience. Made our last evening in L. Geneva a memorable one.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I came here with my baby. There was only 1 waitress working on the lunch shift with a packed place.. IT IS NOT THE SERVERS FAULT FOR BEING THE ONLY ONE WORKING. It is strictly managements fault. The rolls were very fresh and the Spicy Mayo was indeed the spiciest I have ever had. The prices for rolls were very reasonable. I would definitely return to this place!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I visited Tempura for our 8 year anniversary and we were not disappointed! We love sushi and Hibachi steak houses and whenever we travel we look for a new one to try. This was by far the best Hibachi steak we have ever eaten!! We sat at a little candle lit table for two in front of a window. We started off with Spider Maki, California Rolls and Caterpillar Maki. The sushi tasted fresh and was a delightful appetizer. I ordered the steak and Shrimp combo dinner and my husband ordered the Steak and Chicken combo. We were not disappointed! Both of our dinners came with soup and salad and a side of white rice. Their chicken fried rice is only made for their lunch specials. I thought I was going to need the chicken fried rice but because the entree was so well cooked and seasoned the white rice was a perfect side dish. The chicken fried rice would have taken away from the entree! Their miso soup was also by far the best I have ever tasted with mushrooms, onions, and pieces of tempura crumbs (Yum) then our ginger salad, which I always enjoy. Finally the entree!! The steak was so tender and garnished with pieces of crushed garlic, served with a side of vegetables and shrimp on a hot sizzling metal plate! The food was still hot when we were served! The whole time we kept looking at each other saying, "Wow, this is so good". If you are in Lake Geneva you have to try! The service was also great! Gwen was our server and she was the sweetest little woman and attentive to our needs! Overall, a memorable and romantic dinner two!