“Absolutely Wonderful Meal”

The Hunt Club Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hunt Club Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 94 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 50 and Geneva National Entrance
San Diego, California
“Absolutely Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We went to the Hunt Club for our anniversary dinner and were very pleased with our choice!

The view was phenomenal. Because I had mentioned it was our anniversary when making the reservation, they had put aside a table for us overlooking the golf course, which was absolutely lovely as the sun started to set (both of us being golfers, it was also quite nice to view their gorgeous course which we hope to play soon!)

The meal itself was great. My wife ordered the grilled chicken and fettuccine. It was absolutely divine. The boursin cheese was a brilliant concept and made this seriously one of the best pasta dishes I've had in recent memory. I ordered the tenderloin medallions, which were very good, but not quite great. The red wine demi was just too salty for my palate and at times even overwhelmed the taste of the steak. The pan seared gnochci, however, were terrific!

We were brought a complimentary dessert, which was just another of the out of the way touches provided to us by the Hunt Club. The berries and cream were a perfect light snack to top off an excellent meal.

The service was prompt and courteous - I never saw any employees standing about, everyone was always on the move with a purpose.

I would highly recommend the Hunt Club. I give it 4-stars only because of my so-so steak, otherwise it is top notch in all other areas!

• Visited July 2014

Palos Park, Illinois
“Really lovely restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Drove by a million times going to other Wisconsin attractions and always wanted to try. Looked clubby and wasn't sure open to public. But it is. Wonderful view and outstanding service. Formal but not stuffy and clubby in a good way. The recommendations (we asked, not automatically thrust upon us) were spot on and I never would have ordered bisque otherwise. It was delicious. My martini was perfect and made even better when the server thought I may want more olives on the side. My husband's weird (standard for him) request for the wedge salad without the blue cheese (I mean, why order it) was met with a smile and extra tomato and bacon. All the food was very good. Wine list was very nice as well. For a special occasion or just something a bit nicer than usual, the Hunt Club won't let you down.

• Visited May 2014
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Mmmmh”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Love the food & the view
The bar was also nice & so was our servers
Always travel with a big party when in Lake Geneva and the accommodated us very well

Visited August 2013
Fond du Lac, WI
“Very good experience with flashes of great”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had an anniversary dinner at this restaurant. The hostess met us at the door, greeted us and quickly escorted us to our table. It is much bigger on the inside than what it appears from the front. It overlooks the golf course and lake in the back. That said, it is not an intimate place - at times it got noisy. Pacing of the dinner was good, and the service was very good. The food was very good and at times excellent. Most of our party had the filet, which they said was excellent. I had a bone-in ribeye and was a little disappointed. At over $50 (ala carte) I expected chop house quality, and it wasn't quite there. However, I do recommend the brussel sprouts au gratin and lobster bisque. The lobster tail was tender and flavorful, although pretty small for the price. The wine selection was excellent. Overall, we did enjoy it although for the price not a great value.

• Visited June 2014
Naperville, Illinois, United States
“A very good dining place that has hints of being great…...”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were with another couple Memorial Day Weekend for Dinner. Our Server was quick to greet us, though wait time between requests seemed long. Pacing of appetizers and Dinner orders was fine. Admittedly I did not spend a lot of attention to our friends entrees. I had a bone in Strip cut (aka Kansas Strip by some) which was prepared spot on (Med-Rare) with a mushroom/red wine reduction, not over the top but executed well. My wife had the White Fish (Lake Superior), which I had a taste and almost wished that was what I had ordered. Her fish was grilled, with a very light sauce, capers, and roasted red peppers, very good.
My wife enjoyed a couple of the featured cocktails, I was happy with their Bourbon selection.
No complaints overall, just a couple of steps (service, presentation, attention to little details) away from being a great Dinner destination. Still a good experience.

• Visited May 2014