“AMAZING food, AMAZING service”

The Hunt Club Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hunt Club Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 94 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 50 and Geneva National Entrance
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“AMAZING food, AMAZING service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I were staying at a nearby resort on vacation when we stumbled upon this amazing restaurant. It is right on the lake, and the windows are all over - so the views were really nice. We ordered the beef skewers and shrimp for an appetizer. We had the ny strip and the filet with potatoes as a side. The vegetables were so fresh and delicious, and our wonderful server Sandy, said they grow a lot of them right on the property. The steaks were delicious!! The side portions were a little small - and they don't have beers on tap. BUT the food and service here was just incredible! Don't miss this one!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Margaret2222

Denver, Colorado
“SIX STARS, if I could!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Attended a family function here last month. We were seated in a room off the main bar/seating area, with windows all around, a wonderful view of Lake Como, we saw deer(!) whilst waiting for our cocktails, and we had two servers for a table of 9. The décor was muted, wonderful shades of khaki, olive, and amber, with some retro amber lighting that was just so inviting. Our servers, one of whom was a trainee, were on point. They knew their specials, the different signature cocktails, the cuts of beef, the origin of the fish. Very attentive!
This chef is a knockout! He has obviously had a long and prestigious career, and it seems that he has hit the mark on everything here, within keeping of the "steakhouse feel". We sampled a total of five apps, four different salads, three cuts of beef, four different fish dishes, one vegetarian option, and all of the sauces and accutrement that were offered. Basically, we ate our way through the entire menu! Honestly, this was perhaps the best walleye I have ever experienced, and the champagne chervil butter sauce, even though I had it on the side, was so darn good I ate every last drop!!! I commend this chef and his passion for excellence in such a little, sort of run down kitchen (I peeked!! it was 110 degrees in there, I swear!). His attention to pairing of flavors, acid and sweet balance, and cooking fish JUST RIGHT was out of this world.
The cocktails were superb, even some unusual ones like a lemon sage presse' and a Moscow Mule were honored and mixed in a lovely presentation. Wine list to die for---we had a total of seven bottles, and each, from apps, to dinner wine, to dessert wine was spot-on, and our servers were quite knowledgable. Someone is training them right!
Highly recommend---have eaten at every place in Lake Geneva over the years, and this one is a keeper!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank IntrepidTraveler11
Fontana, Wisconsin
“Fabulous New Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Hunt Club has always been one of our favorites, and the chef's newly invented, very diverse menu continues its high ranking with us. Our table was served filet, which was excellent, and walleye - truly superb - with very nicely prepared brussel sprouts. Others enjoyed the potatoes au gratin and double baked potato. And the view of course, looking out at the 6th hole of the Player course at Geneva National, is just beautiful. I highly recommend the restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bob B
Williams bay
“Mothers Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

The new Hunt Club is awesome. Food is great. The new decor is a big step up and the view is stupendous

Visited May 2013
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, United States
“Bring on the Salmon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The atmosphere was wonderful, the view was beautiful but the food was incredible. The salmon I had just melted in my mouth. I got the lemon and caper glaze sauce over mine and it was one of the best meals I've had in a while. If you haven't got the chance to stop by I would highly recommend you do! The Hunt Club Steakhouse is really where you can find some of Lake Geneva's best food!

• Visited June 2013