“Mothers Day”

The Hunt Club Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hunt Club Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 97 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 50 and Geneva National Entrance
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The new Hunt Club is awesome. Food is great. The new decor is a big step up and the view is stupendous

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The atmosphere was wonderful, the view was beautiful but the food was incredible. The salmon I had just melted in my mouth. I got the lemon and caper glaze sauce over mine and it was one of the best meals I've had in a while. If you haven't got the chance to stop by I would highly recommend you do! The Hunt Club Steakhouse is really where you can find some of Lake Geneva's best food!

1  Thank Pam_PBaJ
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Visited The Hunt Club for the first time the other day and really enjoyed it. Stopped in early evening, mid week and there were only a few people there at the time but slowly got busier. Was pleasantly surprised by the drink prices as they were really reasonable and even more so when purchased at the happy hour price of 1/2 off. I did find it odd that an Old Fashioned at the Hunt Club was $4.75 (before happy hour discount) and the same drink at Geneva Ridge Resort was $7.00 when they are both run by GN. You would think it would be the other way around.

After happy hour I was seated at a table over looking the golf course and Lake Como and the views were great. My server (I feel bad, I can't remember her name now) was very welcoming and did a great job. I had a 16oz bone in New York Strip with Au Gratin Potatoes. The steak was great and cooked just the way I ordered it. I paired it with a glass of wine from the very extensive wine list. The potatoes were ok, nothing special. After dinner I had the caramel cheese cake which my server recommended and she was spot on.

I felt that the steak was a little pricey but since it was great it's hard to complain too much about the price. Also thought it was odd that all the employees were wearing jeans. My only thought was maybe they are going for a "rugged" look to go with the new Steak House theme.

All in all a great experience and will return for a second visit soon.....

1  Thank hexx17
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent food and service. Server very good at explaining menu. The restaurant over looks a golf course. Deer go grazing by (maybe not a delight to natives of Wisconsin), but our friends enjoyed it.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Upon entering the Geneva National community, the Greek revival-style home, built in 1915, houses the New Hunt Club Steakhouse. It seems like this restaurant is always trying to find a gastronomic identity. Well, it might just have finally found the right niche! Steak is king here, and very good at that. I had the 8 ounce Filet Mignon and my husband had the Prime Rib. The Filet was very good, the Prime Rib, according to my husband-excellent. The House salad good, my double baked potato not so much. However, the Potatoes AuGratin were absolutely fabulous. They have an extensive wine list, having been awarded Wine Spectator magazine's "Best of Award of Excellence" the last 6 years. The menu also offers Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Walleye, as well as Veal, Pork, Chicken and Vegetarian dishes. Reopening was April 19th, so it seems they are working out the kinks. Not sure about other servers, but unfortunately ours was less than attentive. She rarely checked with us as she visited our table a total of 3 or 4 times. The hostess had to check with us, observing we needed our waitress. Prices are a little steep, but Lake Geneva is seriously in need of a "real" steakhouse. We will definitely go back. I'd like to try the burger and wedge salad next time. Here's hoping The Hunt Club Steakhouse succeeds in its mission! I wish the interesting history of this expansive property was displayed somewhere for diners to peruse! Just a note...reservations taken on Open Table or call 262-245-7200. They also have a Facebook page.

1  Thank brownieLuv2trvl