“Beautifully remolded”

The Hunt Club Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hunt Club Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 50 and Geneva National Entrance
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent food and service. Server very good at explaining menu. The restaurant over looks a golf course. Deer go grazing by (maybe not a delight to natives of Wisconsin), but our friends enjoyed it.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Upon entering the Geneva National community, the Greek revival-style home, built in 1915, houses the New Hunt Club Steakhouse. It seems like this restaurant is always trying to find a gastronomic identity. Well, it might just have finally found the right niche! Steak is king here, and very good at that. I had the 8 ounce Filet Mignon and my husband had the Prime Rib. The Filet was very good, the Prime Rib, according to my husband-excellent. The House salad good, my double baked potato not so much. However, the Potatoes AuGratin were absolutely fabulous. They have an extensive wine list, having been awarded Wine Spectator magazine's "Best of Award of Excellence" the last 6 years. The menu also offers Salmon, Ahi Tuna, Walleye, as well as Veal, Pork, Chicken and Vegetarian dishes. Reopening was April 19th, so it seems they are working out the kinks. Not sure about other servers, but unfortunately ours was less than attentive. She rarely checked with us as she visited our table a total of 3 or 4 times. The hostess had to check with us, observing we needed our waitress. Prices are a little steep, but Lake Geneva is seriously in need of a "real" steakhouse. We will definitely go back. I'd like to try the burger and wedge salad next time. Here's hoping The Hunt Club Steakhouse succeeds in its mission! I wish the interesting history of this expansive property was displayed somewhere for diners to peruse! Just a note...reservations taken on Open Table or call 262-245-7200. They also have a Facebook page.

1  Thank brownieLuv2trvl
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This restaurant on the grounds of Geneva National golf course has closed for about six weeks of remodeling. It will reopen, they say sometime in April, under the name of The Hunt Club Steakhouse.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We've had a love/hate relationship with this place for 15 years. A continuous rotation of so-so chefs. We kept coming bak because it is a very nice/comfortable country club-like restaurant overlooking one of the courses at Geneva National. The new chef seem to be here to stay, the food is very good, as it the service. Not a cheap date, but not outrageous either. Another good option for those in the Lake Geneva area.

1  Thank Twotravelers1935
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I were looking forward to spending the night of August 4 with my sister and brother-in-law dining at the Hunt Club Restaurant in Lake Geneva. Imagine our disappointment when we discovered a part of our dinner had not been included on the plate. My wife and I both ordered the Duck Two Ways which the menu lists as including an open-faced ravioli. Neither of us had the ravioli on our plates and when we brought it to the attention of our waiter he checked with the chef and found out that they had run out of raviolis earlier in the evening. This is understandable, as the dish is described deliciously. What is not understandable is that the chef sent out plates of (expensive) food that did not have all the components. It appeared that he was trying to sneak this by us. We should have been informed of the lack of ravioli when we ordered and they could have suggested a substitute or another dish. I pointed this out to the waiter and he agreed and was apologetic but the price of the dish was not reduced on our bill nor was any other type of compensation offered. I wasn't looking for a free meal but at $37 a plate we should have been given something. Due to this unfortunate event and the way it was (not) handled we won’t be returning to the Hunt Club nor will we recommend it to our friends and visitors. I understand that mistakes happen but how you handle these mistakes is what makes people return to your restaurant.

4  Thank cabopc