“No Problems” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Plover, Wisconsin
“No Problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

A bit apprehensive staying here after some of the negative reviews, but no issues. A decent stay at a good price. If you want more than an average place to sleep and shower maybe it's not for you.
Low-keyed property close to town.

Room Tip: if you want more than a place to sleep and shower maybe a higher end (and cost) motel is what you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mark s

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

A friend booked a room for 2 of us at this property. I did not read the reviews ahead of time, so was completely blown away by the condition of this hotel upon arrival. As we approached the motel, I thought that the name made it sound fancy, so was expecting something pretty nice...or at least decent. Wow, were we in for a big suprise! Upon entering the lobby, I immediately noticed that all their old, out of date furniture was completely covered in plastic. Also, there was a musty smell, but none of this alarmed me. Then, we got our room key. We wandered, confused, to the back of the hotel trying to find the hotel entrance. (We passed it because it looked like a storage closet door). Instead, we scaled a wall, then went through the pool area. At this point, we weren't impressed, but things were about to get a lot worse quickly! We arrived at our room and stood there speechless. Trying to make the most of it, we said, well, it's not the greatest. However, as we looked around, things went from bad to worse. The beds were small, old and not in good enough condition to donate. Really! No exaggeration. The head of the bed was lower than the foot of the bed. We lifted a corner of the bedspread and immediately decided "No way, we can not sleep here." The windows were filthy, with spider webs, etc. The floor was beyond description. No way could you ever step foot on that floor without shoes. If you stood there and peed and barfed in one spot, it would blend in with the rest of the carpet. Not kidding! We went to the front desk and the man there was nice enough to refund our money so that we could leave. That was very appreciated! We immediately left this property and went to another hotel nearby. Thank goodness 1 person had just cancelled so we were able to switch to that hotel. Lesson learned, check out a property before booking it!

Room Tip: Check any nearby hotels, it can't get worse than this!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrea V

Travelers are raving about these Lake Geneva hotels

Carol Stream, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is clean but there ar NO coffeemakers in the room there is also no restaurant on premises. Some rooms have a microwave, some rooms have arefrigerator also if you want ice you must go to the desk. Coffee is in the lobby. Website is deceiving. This Inn is not even worth 50.00 a night Never again. This place does not even deserve a rating. Their website is a lie

Room Tip: There isn't a good room
Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mary r
Waukesha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I accidentally spilt a bottle of water on the carpet and tried to soak it up with a towel, the water must have activated whatever nastiness was lurking in the carpet because what came out on the towel was orange and smelt like vomit. If you do need something good luck, I locked myself out of my room at night once and no one was around. I finally decided to try my I.d to open the door and it worked. Pretty scary considering the front doors are unlocked all night, no one is there I didn't see any security and my room was on the first floor right down the hall from the front desk. And on top of that, anyone can get in my room with a credit card. In the middle of the day the front desk was just as abandoned. About the pool, it was very dark in the pool room. Nice huge pool, unfortunately the pool was dirty and cold. Did not smell of chlorine at all which makes me wonder and there was floating garbage in the pool. And the hot tub, which is still advertised on the sign outside the hotel, was empty. My bf did ask one or the staff people why it is not working and he said insurance reasons. So why are they still advertising it?
Overall, I would not recommend. Little to no security, bad customer service, the decor is very dark, and the rooms are disgusting and so dirty and things are out of service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nina B
Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I tried to stay at the Chateau Royale Inn but no one was at the desk to check me in. The smell in the lobby was disgusting so I am glad that I never even got to a room. Even though they say the hotel is smoke free it clearly was not. When trying to get my money back the manager was not accommodating and I had to go through the Better Business Bureau.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paige M
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Absolutely DISGUSTING!! Arrived expecting 3 rooms next to each other. Owner gave away one and refused to admit fault. He reluctantly gave us the suite at the same cost. Once in the rooms we discovered how disgusting these rooms were. 2 rooms reeked of smoke and urine. The windows were open to TRY to air it out. It didn't work. The bed was sunken and there were stains everywhere. Ripped furniture, no soap no clean blankets.
The suite was equally gross. Firstly we were able to pick the lock with a credit card! There were BLOOD stains and many other bodily fluid stains on the comforter! The pillows were SO YELLOW from drool they had to have been 10 years old. The bathroom had watermarks and fingerprints all over the mirror. The faucet to the shower was broken. The ironing board was broken and smashed fingers. When we looked to use the hairdryer we were horrified. It looked as though someone wiped their backside with the cord it was so full of brown.....I don't know what!!

There was NOTHING about this rat's hole that was good. I will never go back and believe it should be shut down.

Room Tip: The 3 we saw were scary!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Angela B
Gurnee, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

We also stayed here to attend the Buffett concert at Alpine Valley this past weekend and found the hotel to be what is was; a cheap(er) place to sleep and shower-no more no less. Definately not our first choice, but with nothing else available it was our only choice short of spending much more than we wanted to. Thru reviews we prepared by bringing towels, toiletries, and pillows, items you normally take for granted at hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple