“Great food, ambiance and something quite unique!!”
Review of Baker House

Baker House
Reserve with OpenTable
Baker House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baker Street
Transit: Aside from our pier and walk-up, drivers are all welcome, especially ones with two wheels. (Trailers, RVs, Bi-Planes and Monster Trucks are asked to park in the public city lot just behind the House).
Description: Indulge Yourself at Lake Geneva's newest, most luxurious Inn on the lake. 13 Fireplaces, Decadent Furnishings, Interactive History, Live Entertainment, Over the Top Fun! EXPERIENCE Small Plate Dining & Chef Special Entrees, while lounging Fireside Scrumptious Brunch Buffet on SUNDAYS from 10am to 2pm. The Five Star Luxury suites are now open and reservations can be made by telephone or our website. SunDowner celebration nightly from Memorial Day to Labor Day!Check back with us soon for our upcoming Murder Mystery Dinner at MaxWell's Mansion!
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I love visiting the Baker House 1885. I have been there with friends and family and it has such a celebratory spirit. The small plate concept gave us the opportunity to have many yummy dishes to pass and share. Great place for conversation. Wines are very nice. Staff is very attentive and cordial and the live music is always so pleasant. It's a place like no other I know....its like stepping into time and being in a private home.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

My girlfriend wanted to do a Murder Mystery dinner and so when I stumbled on this 125 year old renovated mansion I thought it would be perfect. It was nothing short of spectacular. The meal was a four course service featuring crabcake, salad, goat cheese mushroom stuffed chicken or a beautiful salmon, finished with a chocolate mouse with mini pies. The food selection could have been a bit more varied, but as it was a Murder Mystery Dinner, I understand the need for limited selections. The house itself is exquisite in every way, and is a priceless example of victorian living. If you are dining as a couple, they will seat you in a cozy corner of the house, in what appears to be one of many living spaces next to one of many, many fireplaces, I think 18+ is what our server told us. The period attire makes the affair even more fun, and makes you feel a bit regal as you dine. We were both extremely happy with everything the Baker House had to offer. Highly recommended for adults.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

A group of lady friends went here for dinner on a whim this summer. We didn't know much about the place except that it was in an older home and served small plates. We were so pleased and charmed with the whole experience - the seating on the porch, the Sundowner ceremony, the hilarious hats, the wonderful food and hours spent singing in the parlor with other diners and Mr. Potts the piano man. Like others mentioned, it was like visiting a friend's fabulous old home - an unforgettable night for us all!

1  Thank LynneFive
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We loved everything about this place. It is like being in a museum. The food was exceptional and the service was great.

1  Thank dbk51
Reviewed October 15, 2010

On my husband and I's recent trip to Lake Geneva, we made a dinner reservation at The Baker House for a Sunday evening. Out of all the things we had planned for this trip, we both were really looking forward to this one! As someone who is fascinated by the early 1900's in both culture and architecture, I couldn't wait to "step back in time" and really enjoy a beautiful and magical evening with my spouse. The Baker House did not disappoint! Upon arriving to the beautifully renovated mansion, we checked in and were told to wait in the bar for our table to become available. We ordered drinks and had a short wait there until our table was ready. We were seated in the enclosed porch area which was absolutely perfect as we had a great view of the beautifully landscaped front yard, pretty sunset, and of Lake Geneva. We arrived just in time for the "Sundowners Ceremony" which is something the owners do as a toast to the wonderful day that you had and the amazing evening you're about to have. For this everyone heads out to the front lawn and dons period hats provided by the restaurant. They also provide some sort of drink, which tasted like weak tea to me, for the toast. The owners then explain the history of Emily Baker (the original owner of the mansion) and a bit about how they came to own, renovate, and operate what is known as the Baker House today. After the toast we lingered a bit outside to take in the views and enjoy the beautiful weather and then headed back to our table to place our order. The menu items are served "tapas" style, which are small plates of food meant to be shared. Our waitress recommended that for every two people, you should order 3 or 4 appetizers. We decided on 3: the beef sliders, chicken teriyaki kabobs, and cheese fondue. We were quite disappointed in two out of the three. The beef sliders were so delicious and I highly recommend those, but the kabobs were extremely bland and the cheese fondue just had a strange flavor. Food wise, I was not at all satisfied. I cannot speak for the other menu items as we only sampled the three...you may have a completely different experience than us in that area. We decided not to get dessert as none of the choices appealed to us but stayed an hour longer moving outdoors to one of their seating areas to enjoy the view and a couple more glasses of wine. Overall, the experience of The Baker House was enchanting and relaxing and we will definitely be going back. I wouldn't plan on this being a "dinner" place, more of a place to enjoy the views, mansion, and one another's company and share drinks and appetizers. From this aspect it is well worth the experience! Kudos to the owners for opening a "different" and magical place filled with historical charm and fun! AND for being so involved in ensuring it's guest have a memorable experience. As this is a relatively new restaurant, I hope that the food will eventually come up to par with the rest of the standards being set by this innovative and unique restaurant! I would recommend this to couples, families, and groups of friends alike, as a great and unique place to relax and enjoy a memorable night out!

1  Thank MMLmom