“Great Victorian Tea!”
Review of Baker House

Baker House
Reserve with OpenTable
Baker House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baker Street
Transit: Aside from our pier and walk-up, drivers are all welcome, especially ones with two wheels. (Trailers, RVs, Bi-Planes and Monster Trucks are asked to park in the public city lot just behind the House).
Description: Indulge Yourself at Lake Geneva's newest, most luxurious Inn on the lake. 13 Fireplaces, Decadent Furnishings, Interactive History, Live Entertainment, Over the Top Fun! EXPERIENCE Small Plate Dining & Chef Special Entrees, while lounging Fireside Scrumptious Brunch Buffet on SUNDAYS from 10am to 2pm. The Five Star Luxury suites are now open and reservations can be made by telephone or our website. SunDowner celebration nightly from Memorial Day to Labor Day!Check back with us soon for our upcoming Murder Mystery Dinner at MaxWell's Mansion!
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I bought a groupon for the tea for 2 and believe it or not, I took a 7 year old boy with me. He had the time of his life! He loved the fancy dress costumes. The bartender found him some aviator goggles too. He tried on a number of hats. He kept saying, "I love this place" all through our tea service. The strawberries were his favorite- large and dipped in chocolate. The house is historic and interesting. The people who work there make it a realistic, amazing experience. The tea was very good and the snacks just enough for a mid afternoon break. We both enjoyed it so very much. Then we walked out the door just in time to see an incredible sunset over the lake. Picturesque spot for a lovely house.

3  Thank alibarbaraMilwaukee
There are newer reviews for Baker House

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visited Baker House this past Friday. There were 4 of us and we all enjoyed it. We were seated on the enclosed front porch with a nice view of the lake. We had a minor issue with two of the cocktails we ordered (way too mush sweet vermouth in the Manhattans we ordered) but it was taken care of without an issue. Our waiter was knowledgeable and courteous. The hubby and I each had the She Crab Soup as a starter. It was as good as any we've had in Charleston. My brother & his girlfriend had a shared appetizer with grilled scallops, shrimp skewers & fried green beans. I had the Beef Stroganoff, which tasted really good, but I was expecting it over egg noodles rather than fusili, sort of a different take on the classic but good nonetheless. Hubby had a chicken & pasta dish that was tasty. My brother had a shrimp & rice dish he really enjoyed and his GF had the stuffed chicken that was quite good. It's fun trying on all the hats. We changed hats at every course and had lots of laughs all night. We'll definitely go back, even though it's an hour drive for us.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The atmosphere is great. very neat place! some explaining on the menu would have been helpful (we are a little slow lol). We didnt realize it was more of a small plate/appetizer type menu so it was confusing at first. I had the best thing I can remember at a restaurant since I visited Ireland 2 years ago. It was the portabella sliders. Ya, I know-doesnt sound exciting. Mushrooms arent even my favorite thing-I can take em or leave em. These were so good I swear I will drive back to lake geneva (2 1/2 hr trip) just for these! they had marinara and cheese, basil I think, and the best bread ever. you have to try them! Only thing I didnt like was my chair. It was a really cool set up, but it was real low and too soft and I swear I was going to get stuck in there!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went to Baker House with some friends. It was like stepping back in time. Love the ambiance, the costumes and the food.

1  Thank JennyDiaz
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

The ambiance of being in an old victorian home is great! And they have hats you can try on and play with. Quiet rooms with fireplaces made for a romantic evening. The food was just okay, the specialty drinks were delicious!

1  Thank Dnsr25