“"We are out of that."”
Review of Baker House

Baker House
Reserve with OpenTable
Baker House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baker Street
Transit: Aside from our pier and walk-up, drivers are all welcome, especially ones with two wheels. (Trailers, RVs, Bi-Planes and Monster Trucks are asked to park in the public city lot just behind the House).
Description: Indulge Yourself at Lake Geneva's newest, most luxurious Inn on the lake. 13 Fireplaces, Decadent Furnishings, Interactive History, Live Entertainment, Over the Top Fun! EXPERIENCE Small Plate Dining & Chef Special Entrees, while lounging Fireside Scrumptious Brunch Buffet on SUNDAYS from 10am to 2pm. The Five Star Luxury suites are now open and reservations can be made by telephone or our website. SunDowner celebration nightly from Memorial Day to Labor Day!Check back with us soon for our upcoming Murder Mystery Dinner at MaxWell's Mansion!
Phoenix, Arizona
“"We are out of that."”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The food is very, very average. For the quality of the food, the prices are ridiculously high.

The building is interesting and the only possible reason to go there. Consider it a very expensive "tour" with a few bland snacks thrown in.

I took guests. My guest ordered a Dewars, "We are out of that", I ordered a portabello appetizer, "We are out of that", my guest orders a dessert, "We are out of that."

I spoke to management concerning this and was told, "Sorry, but those things are out of our control" I agree, things are out of control here.

• Visited September 2012

“Really disappointing, but a brilliant setting.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on a Tuesday evening and had booked a couple of weeks before. When we arrived there was a private function on meaning that the garden was closed to us which was disappointing as we would have liked a drink before hand. When we arrived they also looked to seat the private function guests before us even though we arrived first.
The food was a bit disappointing. I understand that they have a menu with a concept of sharing. This wasn't explained very well to us and the menu doesn't really have a great variety of sharing dishes. The food was disappointing too with our fishcakes being slightly burnt and the scallops overcooked. There are positives though. The view and setting are excellent. I just wish the food was as good!

1 Thank ajrb101
Woodridge, IL
“Unique restaurant”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place has a unique atmosphere - with dining spaces in the various rooms in this Victorian mansion. We ate on the enclosed porch, overlooking the lake. You can either have small plates or full dinners - it's your choice. Some rooms have tables and chairs - and others have couches and lounge chairs with small tables (that would lend itself more to small plates). Everyone is encouraged to pick a hat to wear (but you aren't forced). At sunset - they invite everyone outside to toast the sunset with champagne.

Our server was excellent. We loved the cheese fondue. I had the poached salmon with a lobster tail (and somehow got two lobster tails! I sure didn't complain!). My husband had chicken. Both our entrees were very good. The only thing we didn't care for was the apple pie. They were apple slices with melted cheddar cheese on top. They weren't bad - but we just didn't care for the cheese with it.

Overall - it was a great experience!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank moonltnite
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“EH”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Was looking for a peaceful get away, was not expecting to get overlooked the way we were, The restaurant portion of the house had so-so food for insane prices, $20 dollars for a portion of dried tortellini for my daughter. The Sunday Brunch was good, but I was appalled when the Owner tried to hide one of her employee's service dogs. I was promised a view of the lake, but while sitting outside in the garden I got the view and lovely sounds of the road and traffic, all the waitresses are pretty blonde girls however it was apparent that the owners were hiring a "look" instead of someone who was competent. We had a lovely butler, Jonathan who was able to take care of us. Whenever the owners would make the rounds to converse with clients Bethany seemed very distracted and barely let her partner Andrew, speak to us. The house was pretty but, the service was not worth the price.

4 Thank dragonflynightmares
New York City
“Go Back in Time”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

What an experience! We entered the Baker House and had a ball......my husband tried on almost every hat in the place. It is a Victorian House, staff is dressed in Victorian era clothing and more than willing to pose for photos. You pick a hat that you are able to weat throughout your dinner. The waiter explains the menu in detail. There are many smaller plates and towers to choose from. Food was excellent and entrees are large portions. Each diner eats in a living room since this was at one time an actual house. Great place to watch the sun set over the lake. Be sure to stay till darkness to see this beautiful house in it's glory. A must see in Lake Geneva.

• Visited September 2012