“Creative menu and a good value”
Review of Simple

Simple
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New breakfast and lunch restaurant. Locally grown food.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative menu and a good value”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This was a great spot for breakfast. The menu has some really creative options. The Korean BBQ breakfast bowl was outstanding and so was the Simple Benedict. I loved that the Benedict was served on polenta and the spicy hollendase was absolutely perfect. The tea that I ordered was loose leaf and in a tea pot instead of a bag. It was presented with cream and I enjoyed every drop. I highly recommend Simple and enjoyed it quite a bit.

• Visited June 2013

Illinois
“What a gem!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were making a quick trip up to Lake Geneva, and I was looking for a place to have lunch. Based on reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided on Simple. We arrived around 11:40 a.m. for an early lunch/late breakfast. We were seated within a minute of arriving.

I ordered the club sandwich, which was one of the best club sandwiches I've ever had. Honestly! My other three family members all ordered breakfast (make your own omelet, pancakes, and eggs/meat/spuds.) The potatoes were very good, no complaints from anyone about food or portions; however I think the three pancakes (with no meat or side) for $7+ was a bit overpriced. Loved the over-sized round plates the food was served on (isn't it annoying to go to a restaurant and they cram all your food on a tiny plate and stuff is falling off all over the table?)

Colorful decor was uplifting, service was friendly and just attentive enough. By the time we left an hour or so later, there was a line at the door waiting for tables, making it difficult for us to get out of the restaurant. There doesn't seem to be a place for people to stand when they're waiting for a table other than right in front of the door where people are coming and going.

Highly recommend this place. Note that it is only open for breakfast and lunch.

1 Thank Joselle
Oregon, Wisconsin
“Short walk to a great lunch”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Based on other tripadvisor reviews, my husband and I decided to take a short walk to have lunch at Simple. Am I ever glad we did! I often eat the same thing at different restaurants, so I'm able to make comparisons. My pesto grilled chicken sandwich was one of the best I've eaten. From the first bite, I went "Yum", closed my eyes and savored my sandwich. You don't often get fresh mozzarella on these sandwiches. My husband enjoyed his turkey club (claiming he couldn't eat it all...but he did). The simple potatoes were a nice addition to each sandwich plate. They had the air on inside, so we elected to eat outside. Good choice because it was freezing inside. All in all, a really great lunch for a very reasonable price.

San Antonio, Texas
“It's Simple, Don't arrive past two PM”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

They close at 3 PM and actually start shutting down about 2:45.
We arrived at 2:15 and were seated for awhile with no server. I had to go seeking a server.
There were 6 servers in the place and one other table. When our designated server did arrive, she seemed harried.
The place is a myriad of colors. Chartreuse chairs, yellow, bronze and orange walls. The abstract paintings were aquamarine and purple.
We ordered the black bean soup and it was very different from the typical version served in the SW US. It was more of a navy bean stock with ham, carrots and celery.
My BW had the chopped chicken salad with bacon, sliced almonds, lettuce, cucumbers, peas, goat cheese, celery, and onions. This was crunchy and good.
I had the hamburger which was OK. It came with sun dried tomatoes, lettuce, and onions and sauteed red potatoes.
The tangerine/ginger tea was different, though the ginger dominated the taste.
Their business concept is very simple; most menu items are about $10. There is an obvious
theme trending to the generation X type customer. The is not a steak and potato place,
or even close to a waffle house. It is what it is, upscale mod.

wis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wow, what a great breakfast. Everything on the menu looked so good. I'm hoping to have a chance to come back. The corned beef hash was not your everyday corned beef hash. The potatoes were perfect and the chunks of corned beef very tasty. My daughter's breakfast burrito was wonderful. Its a very cute place, too.

Visited May 2013