“Excellent breakfast!”

Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New breakfast and lunch restaurant. Locally grown food.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food is excellent, and the service is fine. As its name suggests, the interior is sparse, and the major shortcoming is noise. Although the restaurant is small, the hard surfaces reflect the sounds and make it a bit less comfortable than Egg Harbor, located a few blocks away on Main Street. This restaurant has limited window space, and that looks out on parking and Broad Street, so there is no view to admire (despite being in a city known for its beautiful lake).

We've been there more than once and loved the food every time. The noise is tolerable.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Loved the food. Nothing too complicated, just really delicious. Brought our one and three year old girls and was Rey family friendly.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am still dreaming about the Turkey/Brussel Sprout Hash. My daughter had the Apple crumble French toast. Large portion and very tasty. Getting a to-go cup of coffee was a nice touch. Two entrees, two drinks and one kids meal was $29.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The food here is 5 star. I had the recommended mashed potato omlette and my wife had the Simple club sandwich. Both were excellent. The omlette was better tasting that I expected from the description. The club was much better than the typical club sandwich with wonderful flavors. The prices were a bit on the high side, but not outrageous for such good food. The atmosphere was just a 3 star, at best - hence my overall rating of 4 stars. They used paper napkins - I asked twice for more of them, but never receive additional napkins. The servers were not particularly friendly and seemed inpatient - it was busy but NOT full and there were no people waiting. Getting the server to show up to take our order took a while. Fortunately they use runners to deliver the food to the table when it is ready. If they had to depend on my server to do it, the food would probably have arrived cold. The overall experience was positive. This place only does breakfast and lunch, and the menu is a bit heavier on breakfast items.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We love to go to this upbeat, small and bright colored cafe. My wife and kids love the menu which lists where they get their food and the name of the farms. My wife and kids love the breakfast ( you will never find a more yellow yolk!) and I love their lunches. The service is friendly and casual. The price is fair. It is a must for a breakfast or lunch in lake Geneva.