“Location Location Location... not always the factor!”
Review of Simple

Simple
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New breakfast and lunch restaurant. Locally grown food.
Midwest
“Location Location Location... not always the factor!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Simple.. is "simply wonderful"..and a great addition to the Lake Geneva restaurant community.
Its fresh decor is sync with its motto.. "changing the world..One bite at a time." While I am acquainted with the owners, my opinion of this restaurant is totally objective. It is a fun place for breakfast or lunch...and having breakfast al fresco in the summer months...albeit next to a bank parking lot and across the street from liquor store.. is nonetheless...a delightful experience.
I am quite certain we were the 1st customers on opening day..but have waited until now to do a review. The menu is "simple, the decor is simple, tastes delicious..and offered at a reasonable price, plus… they try to buy as much organic food as they can from local vendors…what else could one want. As a footnote...on one occasion some time ago… I looked across the dining room and saw none other than the actor/producer "Opie"/Ron Howard himself.. (baseball hat and all)... who was staying with his wife in Lake Geneva for the weekend. What Fun!
Make sure your stay in Lake Geneva includes at least one meal at Simple...you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012

Fox River Grove, Illinois
“Refreshing new breakfast option”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Happy to see a new breakfast option in Lake Geneva. The service was a little slow to be seated. However, the food made up for that. Would definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012
Lake Zurich, IL
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My 2 friends and I drove up to Lake Geneva on a beautiful sunny day just for a place to go for lunch. I wanted something different for us, after eating at other touristy restaurants in the area. This restaurant is not in the downtown area, so I knew that was going to be a plus.

First and foremost, there is a HUGE parking lot adjacent to the restaurant, negating the cost of paying the meters that are so prominent in downtown Lake Geneva. The restaurant is easy to miss, so look for the large lot! Once inside, the restaurant is bright and airy, with a counter or tables to sit. While it is only open for breakfast and lunch, the breakfast menu is much larger than the lunch menu. We were there for lunch. Choices are sandwiches, salads, and soups. Two of us had their chicken soup with rice, one of us had their squash soup. Both were tasty and we would order again. Following the soups, I had the chopped salad, although I didn't feel the portion size was worth the $10. My friends each had the chicken pesto sandwich, which came with a side of tasty home fires. I immediately envied their choice because the home fries looked that delicious. Luckily they were more than willing to share them with me.

While the food here was very good, the service left something to be desired. Our waitress was very sweet, but rarely checked back with us to see if we needed anything during our meal. I had to ask several times to get a straw for my glass, lemons for my water, and refills for our drinks. She would often walk past our table to service the adjacent table, so I'm not sure why we were overlooked. But overall, because the food was very good, we would recommend SImple and will come back for the breakfasts!

• Visited October 2012
Burlington, Wisconsin
“Different and Wonderful”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great food, wonderful atmosphere, lots of choices for the vegans and non vegans. Different selection than you will find anywhere else.

Visited September 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Small town restaurant, city feel”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My friends found this restaurant online. It looks like a place we would have breakfast at in the city (but bigger). They also take reservations! Great prices and coffee. We had a fantastic breakfast AND they make their own almond milk. Go and enjoy!

Visited October 2012