“FAIR WARNING!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Walworth, Wisconsin
“FAIR WARNING!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This review is going to be 100% honest and reflects our dining experience at Bistro 220. My wife and I could not be more disappointed with the Mother's Day Buffet. Food was as follows: Eggs were old, Bacon was fatty, Sausage was mushy, Cheesy Hashbrowns were under cooked, Quiche was cold and dry, Danishes were tiny, Salad bowl empty, Pizza and Beef Stroganoff were not there, Chicken Parmesan was bite sized pieces,Prime Rib was paper thin, grissly and cold(was not prime rib), Ham was shredded. Absolutely the least satisfying dining experience we can remember! With an exception to the very pleasant waiter!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Ingo06
Bistro220, Owner at Bistro 220, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I am sorry your recent experience was not as overwhelmingly good as our other customers commented that day. Unfortunately when you called you didn't want to hear what I had to say. You called me a liar and accused me of false advertising all of which are false. Everything was on that buffet and more. Being a busy Mother's Day, of course as you go through the line some things will be low, but are replaced with fresh hot food very quickly. Our buffet is very low cost at $18 with over 25 items. Again I'm sorry you were not happy with your experience. Please come back for dinner where you can have exactly what you want when you want it. Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
“Fun”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good food. No hard liquor license so stick to wine or beer.. Ordered a Cosmo not realizing it was made with saki ? Weird. Food is a little different but good and the ambiance is great. Dark, romantic very quaint. Very small. Not over priced but not cheap. Leave your children at home.
Would go back.

• Visited April 2013
Palatine, Illinois
“Great atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Bistro 220 is a unique place in Lake Geneva. The food was very good there and I love the atmosphere in the small room with the fireplace. I was very disappointed in the fact that the waiter told us we had to "wrap it up" as they were closing in about 20 minutes after we were through eating!!! They do not have a liquor license so they only serve drinks made from Saki.

• Visited February 2013
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had dinner in this quiet and romantic restaurant. Its dining area is fairly small, but that just adds to the quaint ambience. It was a little cold outside, but they had a heated enclosed porch area available for dining. We chose the inside dining area and it's a little dark, but very nice for a couple. Casual dress is fine, as we saw most people wearing (nice) jeans. We had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and the serving sizes were just right. Definitely recommend a dinner here.

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will Not Disappoint, Will be Back!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was looking for the perfect place that would fill my desire for something unique and my husband's need for great fish. This place has a lot of charm. Thankfully, our table on the porch was warmed enough in 20 degree March weather. I got the tuna steak and he got the sea bass. My husband ranked both dishes equally but I must say, the Tuna steak was the PERFECT meal for me with slight spice and hearty taste all with high sushi quality. We also got the goat cheese and salmon cakes. If you call and they ask if the bar seating is ok say yes because it's all so charming inside! My husband and I needed the charm and warmth as well as our amazing meal to spark up our marriage.

• Visited March 2013