“Wait .. er !!”
Review of Grand Cafe

Grand Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 50 East &Hwy 12
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stopped in for lunch after 18 holes of golf on The brute a tough course.
The young waiter come over and tells me how he is not all there because his pal graduated on the weekend and h really partied hard, then walks away. We order some beer, he comes back ten minutes later (we almost left) saying he was sent to the supply room and beer is chilling on ice and should be cold in five minutes. We order a different beer, a Corona. We order food and after asking over and over, he brings a side salad instead of the entree and insists repeatedly its an entree size. I insist he take it to the chef and correct this. The chef concurs and the salad isn't even dressed just dry wilted pale romaine added on, unappealing to say the least. Other order the fish and chips well, the waiter makes a big deal about the fries in a propped up basket but they were ice cold, awful.Then finally I ask for the check, I give the waiter plenty in cash to treat my pals. The waiter returns, telling the amount of the bill and how he broke down the change and what my change is, insane.
I would not visit this place again, the room had only five diners no rush for service and the wait and the food and lack of service was a real put off.

1  Thank hungry_eye
There are newer reviews for Grand Cafe

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Affordable prices, Delicious food, and Excellent Service. Convenience! There was a very wide variety of choices at all meals.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a great Sunday brunch here. Good variety of fish, meats, and pastas I loved the key lime pie form prior visits, and when I inquired @ it not being served the day I was there, the manager brought me a huge slice. Now that is service

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Called ahead regarding pool side
dining for lunch, reservations not accepted. When we arrived, lunch appeared to be winding down.
We were told, we could eat at the Pool Bar (or sit at bar, until a table became available). We chose to wait for a table. While we were waiting, bartender was very cordial and attentive, even though we only had ice water:) From there, it was TOTALLY Down Hill! I assure you the word GRAND did/does NOT come to mind regarding "our experience" today/with of course the exception of natures GOD given Grand Views (including a Perfect Summer Day:) MANAGEMENT should be embarrassed, if not ASHAMED of the over-all quality of table service attempted to be provided (including mediocre food). I assure you, including specifically the $Marcus$Group, I know the difference between a poor server and GOOD Management$

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Selection of food for a buffet was well stocked and good. Waiter Nathan was spot on, thanks for the conversation.