“Pricey but nice. Immaculate.”
Review of Geneva Inn

Geneva Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We stayed one evening just to get away and spend a day in Lake Geneva. We cheaped out and got a landview room. My advice: If you are going to spend the money, go ahead and upgrade to the lakeview room. The landview room was still lovely, but I would rather sit on the patio and listen to seagulls than watch delivery trucks unload.

The room wasn't large, but wasn't cramped. There was a large closet, a sink outside the bathroom with a small fridge (complimentary bottled water), an armoire with a tv, two comfy chairs, a desk, and a king size bed.

The bathroom was huge. There was a stand-up shower, hot tub, sink with large counter, and of course a toilet. There were too many mirrors in the bathroom, I don't want to be able to see my reflection while sitting on the crapper. The toilet may have been a handicapped toilet, it was a bit high. My feet dangled in the air. There was a small chair under the counter top, so I had to slide it over to the toilet as a foot rest. The hot tub wasn't really big enough for two. I am 5'3" and it may have comfortably held two of me, but me and my 6'4" travelling partner together displaced about all the water in the tub. It is nice, but not practical.

The bed was super comfortable. The room was so clean I didn't do my usual search for pubes, bed bugs, and other stray bodily debris. The flower motif in the room creeped me out. I'm not much of a country motif gal.

We would probably stay there again, but will more likely just find the same room in another hotel in a town that isn't Lake Geneva - i.e. priced at double the actual value.

The hotel offered turndown service, but by 8:30pm still hadn't showed. We put up the 'DND' sign and went to bed. Being early to bed-early to risers, we were a bit disappointed that there was no coffee maker in the room, and coffee service didn't start for a good two hours after we woke up (coffee at 7am).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Flat_Earther

Reviewed April 6, 2011

We visited a few places in the area before choosing to stay at the Geneva Inn. We definitely chose the right place. The hotel lobby was cozy and it actually caught my attention how clean it was. Our room was also very clean and well appointed with a wonderfully tranquil view of the lake from the balcony. Every member of the hotel staff that we encountered - at check in, in the shop, the cleaning staff, the wait staff at the restaurant - was so friendly and welcoming, over and above what I would expect from a hotel staff. We had dinner and the continental breakfast at the Grandview restaurant overlooking the lake. It was a wonderful view, the food was great and we were so well taken care of. I could not ask for a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bbdlsp
Reviewed November 4, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a one night stay for our anniversary. This was our first stay at this particular hotel. We have been coming to Lk. Geneva for over 30 yrs. so know the area well. We have usually stayed in town, but did not find it inconvenient being a short distance from town. We did visit the shops briefly while waiting for our room to be ready. We took advantage of the Autumn special at the Inn. We had a standard lake view room. It was recently renovated according to the front desk staff. It had a nautical theme. Very appropriate for the setting. Flat screen TV in a lovely armoire. Two comfy wing backed chairs. A wonderful balcony that overlooked the lake. There was a sliding screen door that would be wonderful for the summer months. The breeze from the lake would be wonderful on a warm summer evening. Laying in bed, it felt like you were just over the water. This room had 2 double beds. We would have preferred a King, but it was not included in the Autumn special and we didn't feel paying almost $100 more was worth it. Our room was at the end so very quiet and on the 3rd (top) floor. In addition to the windows and door leading to the balcony, we had a side window due to its location so the room was nice and bright.The wetbar and small fridge were a nice surprise. It would have been even better if we had a small coffee maker. I was surprised there wasn't one as this is standard at most hotels. They did provide fresh coffee on each floor at 7am. I took advantage of that, but would have loved a cup of decaf or hot tea before bed. We had a little welcome gift upon arrival. A Geneva Inn mug with 2 packets of instant apple cider, chocolate and caramels. However, since there isn't a microwave or coffee maker in the room, we couldn't enjoy the hot cider. I suppose we could have requested hot water, but it was just a small inconvenience. There is a nightly turn down service. What a nice surprise to have someone knock on the door in the evening and offer bottled water and chocolates. She also had the housekeeping cart and replenished some of our towels as requested. The lakefront path is right outside the hotel We did walk along the path until the cold wind brought us back. The bathroom is nice size, with a whirlpool tub. The building is very quaint. A nice sitting area with fireplace in the small lobby. The gift shop is expensive, but nice. There is a large assortment of complimentary movies to enjoy in your room. We watched a great oldie, "The Holiday" with Cary Grant/Katherine Hepburn and had a great time recounting favorite Cary Grant movies with the friendly woman at the front desk. I'm sorry I don't recall her name. She was wonderful as were all of the staff we encountered. We enjoyed a delicious lunch in the Grandview Restaurant in the Inn. Great service, great food. In the evening, we enjoyed half price appetizers and drinks in the bar/lounge adjacent to the restaurant. No matter where you sat, there was a gorgeous view of the lake. The hotel boasts a complimentary continental breakfast. We ended up sharing one plate of the continental fare: assorted cheeses, fresh fruit, deli turkey, 2 large croissants, 2 apple pastries. It was very reminiscent of the breakfasts in Italy. Only the nutella and prosciutto are missing. We also both ordered 3 egg omelets. They were outstanding! Breakfast was only $6 each! It was a wonderful, relaxing stay. I imagine summer is very different as they are usually full. Tthere is an exercise room (nope, didn't use it). There is plenty of exercise to be had right outside the door by walking along beautiful Lake Geneva. We do plan on returning next summer and staying for a couple nights. I would love to have coffee on the balcony overlooking the lake when it's warm enough to sit out there! I highly recommend the Geneva Inn. Probably not for little ones as there is no pool, but lake access and boat slips are available. Big Foot Beach (free) is within walking distance as well as a State Park for picnicking. Downtown Lake Geneva is literally minutes away. The Inn has a van that will pick you up if you walk into town via the lake path. This is a beautiful, relaxing Inn. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Illinois1
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stopped here for a few days on our way to a northern resort. Our first time at Lake Geneva and found it to be a charming little town. Since we arrived on Labor Day, we only experience the tail end of the season; apparently lots of people descend on this cozy little town for long weekends but we were able to experience the town with literally no people so this review may not be representative of one's typical experience.

We had a lake view suite. Overall, it was very clean, and had a nice view of the lake, which I found to be rather rare for the area hotels. In any event, this hotel was a great value with the best views and served as a good home base. The restaurant was very nice with exceptional service. The restaurant also provides a decent continental breakfast but we found a better place (Egg Harbor Cafe) in town. the hotel's location is about a mile away from the city center and in good weather makes a nice walk. There's plenty of parking available. the fitness center was okay but one of the treadmills was out of order.

The staff was very nice ad overall I found everyone to be pleasant.

the only real complaint I had was with the room. Both my girlfriend and I felt there may have been a mold issue as we both awoke with strong allergy-like reactions. This is an old building and therefore be advised. Other than that, the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank insider64
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This was our third trip to the Geneva Inn, and once again, we were not disappointed. We were traveling with another couple this time and made reservations for the hotel’s InnBloom package. What can I say? Everything met our expectations.

The newly renovated rooms are spectacular – wonderful beds, bedding, towels, and amenities. We were able to get lakeside views and thoroughly enjoyed sitting on our balcony each evening and morning, watching the fishermen and bird wildlife. Coffee was available on each floor at 7 a.m. and a complimentary continental breakfast was served in the Grandview Restaurant. It consisted of meats, cheeses, fruits, pastries, juice, and coffee. Very nice.

The hotel and restaurant staffs were very accommodating and helpful. We cannot wait for a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KansasHummingbird
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We just returned after a wonderful stay with our family 2 adults and 3 children ages 13, 9 and 3. The hotel staff was very polite and accommodating of us! Our room was a lake view suite (room 201) which was LOVELY. We even had a balcony that overlooked Lake Geneva. We rode our bikes into town and were too tired to petal back - no problem the hotel sent their van to pick us up! Also, I am pretty picky about restaurants and was very pleased with the hotels restaurant. I wish I had taken photos of the room the pictures on trip advisor do not do the hotel justice (the hotel's website has accurate photos)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Family_of_four-TRIP
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I treat ourselves to one night in this hotel for our anniversary each June. We have stayed in many hotels and this is by far the cleanest. The rooms are immaculate. Not even a speck of dust on the chairail or anywhere else in the room. The rooms were all redecorated this spring with calming, classic tones. The lakeview rooms have stunning views. The in room soaking tubs are ultra relaxing, and the bedding is super comfy. The chairs and table on the balcony offer a great place to have a cup of coffee, a cocktail, to play cards or to just sit and stare at the lake. It's hit or miss with the front desk staff. (Oh, by the way RON HOWARD was also staying there celebrating his anniversary while we were!)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple