“Best in Lake Geneva”

Sopra: An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sopra: An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sopra, an American Bistro, the premier Lake Geneva dining experience. Ingredient-driven chef/owner, Simon Cumming, designs American bistro classics with a fresh, farm-to-table approach. Using the finest seasonal ingredients, you'll be treated to a fine dining experience, in a casual, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. In addition to the thoughtfully selected wine list, Sopra also boasts an extensive selection of micro-brew beers and a full selection of spirits, including specialty house martinis. Situated in the heart of downtown Lake Geneva, located within walking distance to The Cove and all Lake Geneva hotels. Also, easy driving distance from the Grand Geneva and Abbey Resort.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I live in Lake Geneva and have been to every place in the entire area. After finally eating here a few weeks ago, we left wondering why we never tried it before! Hands down the BEST staff, food, drinks. If you are looking for fine dining atmosphere with amazing food - Sopra is the place. Our new favorite restaurant! Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank htaylor75

Reviewed February 10, 2013

A friend and I stopped here for dinner on a Friday evening after just getting in to town. This is a cute little restaurant right on main street. The food was excellent--we both had pastas (I think they may have both been homemade noodles) and a glass of wine. Service was great. Highly recommend if you are in the area.

1  Thank KristenUW
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I planned a surprise get away for my wife. I spent hours on the internet reviewing restaurants and finally chose Sopra. Our server, Cheryl, was pleasant, knowledgable, accommodating and attentive. We ordered seared octopus and mussels for appetizers. We also ordered the blackened salmon (on special, I think) and the scallops with a brie cream sauce. We finished off with a piece of blueberry pie. I have been in the hospitality/hotel business for the past 35 years. I enjoyed each and every bite of every item we ordered. This doesn't happen often. I even tried to duplicate the blueberry pie two days after returning home. It just wasn't the same, but I'll keep trying or just plan another trip to Lake Geneva. I left a message on the restaurant web site for reservations. I received a call back and all of my questions were answered. They didn't miss a thing. On a total check of $125, I left a tip of $25 on my credit card and an additional $10 in cash. I enjoyed it that much! I'm going to return sometime this summer and won't need to find a great place to eat. Nice job, Sopra!

1  Thank James P
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice dinner at Sopra. The appetizers were wonderful, especially the seared octopus. I almost ordered a second one for dinner. Instead, I had the lamb shanks and my wife had seafood. We also had a veey nice wine at a reasonable price. Both dinner dishes were excellent. Dinner was not cheap, but it was excellent. I will definitely go back next time I am in Lake Geneva.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

So the service was slow and no one else was even there! The food was way overpriced and so are the drinks. There is no splitting with all of the choices ( and there are not many) over $20. I would never return nor advise others to eat here, as the bartender of another place suggested. Stick to Bistro 220 or Scuttlebutts.