TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,581 results
All reviews chop house golf course grand geneva bathroom mirror playboy club junior suite get away lobby bar fire pit grounds are beautiful ski hill fitness center steam room bottle of champagne the main lodge from chicago horseback riding
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2019

Not sure where to begin with this train- wreck of a “resort”... mold & mildew permeated the bathroom and the stench of damp, humid moisture overtook your sense of smell. How this place isn’t condemned is beyond me.
I’m here for a conference and they moved me to a “sister property”, Timber Ridge. I forgot what conditioner air felt like.
Photos are of the mold growth in the bathroom. The staff didn’t bat an eye. The only thing that needs to visit Grand Geneva “Resort” is a wrecking ball.

Trip type: Traveled on business
CourtneyI, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Michael, thank you so much for taking the time to provide us your honest feedback. We pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable accommodations to all of our guests. I can assure you we have an inspection process in place and will be using your feedback to help us increase the training on this program. I want to let you know that we take your feedback very seriously. We sure hope we can earn your trust back and get another shot at showing you how Grand we are. Please reach out to us if there is anything further we can do for you.

Regards,
Guest Relations

Reviewed September 15, 2019

We stayed at the main lodge last weekend for a wedding we attended. It’s beautiful out doors, but indoors it feels very dated. The carpet in the hallway entrance area had a huge stain and was well worn. The decor in the rooms really needs a refresh. There were no elevators in my building which was right next to parking lot. Had many stairs to climb in wedding attire with suitcase.
I will say the rooms were quiet and the beds were comfortable. But, at the high room rate and mandatory $25 resort fee, I expected more. I went to make a cup of coffee and there was a used pod left in the coffee maker. Not sure how long it was there!
Also, since we were there for a wedding, we never utilized any of the resort amenities. So, charging everyone $25 no matter what seems kind of steep.
Also, their 4:00 check in time is very inconvenient for wedding type events when you would like to get dressed.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LindseyNemcek1, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Thank you for staying at Grand Geneva in celebration of a wedding! We hope the festivities were wonderful! We appreciate your review sharing the details of what could have made your experience better. We want our accommodations to match the Four Diamond experience guests expect as they drive onto our 1,300-acre resort and we can use your feedback to gain a new perspective. We hope you'll be back soon and find new updates to the property!

Reviewed September 11, 2019

The resort property is beautiful and the staff is attentive. Food and beverage at the Chop House was tops. A table of ten for late dinner received phenomenal service and the food was wonderful!
Attended a corporate golf outing which was well organized by the golf staff - not a detail was missed - the continued to elevate the guest experience!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
CourtneyI, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

What a fantastic endorsement for our resort! Our devoted associates are a perfect example of the passionate and dedicated spirit of service that we value. Your kind compliments will surely be shared with our entire team. Thank you so much for staying with us. We would be honored to host you for another stay or another golf outing soon.

Regards,
Guest Relations

Reviewed September 10, 2019

Do not waste your money. Period. My husband and I booked our honeymoon night here because we didn't want to drive too far and from all the pictures and the summary we thought it would be worth the money. Not even close.

We arrived on a Monday afternoon and had booked a Lakeview room. My heart started to sink when we arrived at our room. It was the absolute farthest room away, on the first floor, but I would call it the basement since we had to walk through dark hallways with dirty carpeting, past stairwells with folded up rollaway beds stuck under them. The golf course view was simply the path where maintenance and staff walked / carted by. For $300 I was expecting a room with a great view, a room that we wouldn't want to leave. Instead we got a room at the end of a dark, musty hallway. Within the first couple of hours being there, we had to call maintenance to come fix the sliding door because it didn't lock and an hour later for the fridge because it did not work.

We had dinner at the Chop House and that was fantastic. The food was great.
Upon checkout, the front desk clerk did not ask how my stay was, but I politely brought up how disappointed that I was and the reasons why. She did apologize and reimbursed the $20 for the resort fee. I would have expected a better type of reimbursement since we spent close to $700 for an overnight stay with the room, eating and one massage at the spa.

The Spa itself was a disappointment as well. The massage therapist was great. But the ladies at the front desk with not very warm and welcoming, and they ask you to get there 30 minutes early to check in, but it only takes you five. They then leave you sitting the waiting room of the spa that looks like a funeral parlor.

We made the best of it, but we couldn't believe the experience we had and how much it cost us. We had even told them in advance that we were coming to spend our wedding night / honeymoon.

We wished that we had rented a condo on Lake Geneva, with an actual lake view and just gone to the Chop House for dinner.
Save your money and go elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2019
LindseyNemcek1, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Hi, PoodleGirl2 - Congratulations on your wedding! September is a beautiful time to get married and this year is no exception. It was a pleasure to have you with us, though we are sorry to learn your visit fell short of expectations. Should your time allow, we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. Please reach out to info@grandgeneva.com at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

I stayed here for a conference. Gorgeous grounds and golf courses (2) looked nice. Hotel is older but well maintained. Sprawling place. Nice rooms. Good rates. Staff good and helpful. Beautiful workout facilities but doesn't open until 0600. Conference space nice as well.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
LindseyNemcek1, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Thanks for sharing your recommendation, Davanm! We're glad your business visit gave you time to relax in Wisconsin. Our fitness center, attached to WELL Spa + Salon is top-notch! We appreciate the time you took to write this review and hope you'll visit the resort again soon.