I usually visit and stay at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa various times each year, most recently with a group of girlfriends, but I also visit often with my husband and three children. This time my husband came up after the girls went home and we spent a great day on the golf course.
For our girlfriend getaway this past July, five of us took two rooms, one a standard and the other a nice Newport Junior Suite (I think that’s what it’s called). Accommodations were great and the beds must have been new because they were unbelievably comfortable…more than I remembered from past visits. When traveling as a family, we tend to be loyal to Westin hotels as the chain’s Heavenly Bed are great. Grand Geneva Resort & Spa’s beds reminded me of the Heavenly Beds.
Poolside for drinks was the perfect way to spend the day with the girls. Plenty of chairs to be had and servers were very attentive, even offering complimentary bottles of Aquafina each day.
Breakfasts were eaten in the Grand Café and I highly recommend the oatmeal with carmelized crust and lots of fruit. Yummy! Service was fine.
Our nicest dinner was at the resort’s Geneva Chophouse, a bit pricey but let’s just say “you get what you pay for.” Monster-sized steaks and desserts to die for. Our server was extremely helpful in menu selection as well as deciphering the impressive wine list.
As far as the golf with my husband, we played The Brute, one of the most unbelievable courses I’ve ever played. Condition of the course was amazing, especially given the fact that it hadn’t rained for weeks and grass was firm and plush. Afterwards, we drove around the resort’s second course, called the Highlands, and found a completely different type of course which looked equally as plush.
We refer to the AAA travel guide for most of our vacation planning and the book says that Grand Geneva is one of just three AAA Four Diamond resorts in Wisconsin. There’s really no other option for us in Lake Geneva as this resort virtually has it all and the service has yet to disappoint. It definitely lives up to it’s Four Diamonds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois