“Great resort for our mini-moon”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed the second week in June for our mini-moon and had a great visit. Although the resort doesn't sit directly on Lake Geneva, we found plenty to do during our stay. The pool and staff are very nice, the rooms are very comfortable and the grounds very well maintained. It was also nice and quiet, though may have been due to our stay during the week. Ben, the rock wall guy, was outstanding and would highly recommend you go find him. We spent a bit of time downtown and at the town beach, but it was really nice to go back to the resort for quiet dinners and evening relaxing. Would recommend for anyone who needs a bit of stress relief!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the room by the lake. Its great waking up to such peacefulness in the morning...
1  Thank SarahBoehm
Tom M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for all the compliments! I will be sure to share your comments with Ben, he does a great job and we are very proud of him. We hope to see you back soon for some much needed stress relief.
Tom Mason

Write a ReviewReviews (2,243)

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I'm Former Senior Cruise Director For A Fleet of Conde' Nast Top-Rated Cruise Ships.
It's From This Perspective That I Write This.

When We Arrived In The Village of Lake Geneva On Mid-Day On Sunday This 8th of June It Was Filled With Wall-To-Wall Pedestrians & Cars, But To Our Relief, Only 5-Minutes Outside of Town Was The Upscale, Peaceful, Pastoral, & Forested, Private Enclave of AAA 4-Diamond GRAND GENEVA RESORT & SPA - Our Kind of Place : ) : )!! In The Attractive Architect Frank Lloyd Wright-Style Lobby, Refreshing Chilled Lemon & Cucumber Water Was Always Available.

The Staff Created A Friendly Atmosphere For All With Pleasant "Hellos" From Staff & Guests Alike. Particularly Noteworthy Were Resort Concierge Jan & "ChopHouse" Server Beth, Who Obviously Truly Enjoy Their Jobs & Guests - Both Went Out Of Their Ways To Inform & Please : ) : )!!

Our Premier Suite (With Bedroom + Big Bathroom) Was Separated From The Large Livingroom By Pocket Doors. Our Walkout Patio, Overlooking The Manicured Golf Course & Be-Fountained Lake Was One of My Favorite Places To Just Sit & Relax.

The Entire Suite Was "Over-The-Top", With 3-HD TVs (One Embedded In The Bathroom Mirror), A Big Glass Walled Shower (With 4-Showerheads) & A HUGE Whirlpool Tub. We Enjoyed The Gas Fireplace In The Livingroom Since The Nights Were Still In The Upper 50s At This Time of Year.

The 3-Upscale Restaurants Were Extremely Atmospheric. We Had Breakfasts (With Fresh-Squeezed Orange Juice : ) In The GRAND CAFE' & Dinners (We Made Reservations On-Line With The "Open Table" Reservation System) At The Italian Restaurant (RISTORANTE' BRISSAGO) & Our Favorite CHOPHOUSE (The Big, Thick, 14 oz. Salt-&-Rosemary-Rubbed U.S. PRIME Prime Rib & Caesar Salad Were The Best We've Ever Had) & The Atmosphere From Our Table On The Outdoor Patio Overlooking The Lake, Illuminated Fountains, & Flaming EMBERS Fire Pit, Further Embellished Our Meal - Which We Finished Off With Cups of Expresso & Decadently Beautiful Desserts (It Was My Birthday So A Lighted Candle & Special Creative Touches Were Added : )!

We Were Content To Just Remain On The Enormous, Natural Property, But We Decided To Take Another WEEKDAY Try At The Village of Lake Geneva. By Leaving At 8 AM We Found Plenty of Open Parking Places Near The Geneva Cruise Line Dock (Unlike On This Past Sunday Where Not A Space Was To Be Found).

We Enjoyed A Great Creative Breakfast (Ahhh...Egg Benedicts & Fresh-Squeezed OJ) At The EGG HARBOR CAFE On Main Street Before Boarding The Yacht Geneva For An Excellent
1 1/2 Hour Narrated Expanded Cruise Along The Shoreline of Lake Geneva & It's Bevy of HUGE Estates Lining It.

Following Our Cruise We Enjoyed The DANCING HORSES SHOW (10-Minutes West of Town On Hwy 50): Beautiful Horses, Riders & Trainers, Costuming, & 90-Minute Colorful, Creative
Las Vegas-Style Production In Their Own Indoor Arena.

An Interesting Ecclectic Shop In Town That I Particularly Enjoyed Was The DELANCY STREET MERCANTILE, & (Self-Explanatory) THE CHEESE SHOP, Both In Lake Geneva

I Recommend Getting Reservations On-Line In Advance For The Resort, The Cruise, & Horses.

It Was A Wonderful 4-Day Mini-Vacation For Us 2-Retired Folks. If I Could Make Any Improvements To Anything I Would Place The 2-Double Beds Closer Together In The Bedroom (They're Butted Up Against The 2 Bedroom Walls), & Replace The Stained Carpeting On The Ramp Between Building 4 & 3. The Distance Between Buildings Can Be Exhausting For Seniors, Although The Resort Offers A Disabled-Accessible Rubber-Wheeled Trolley To Take Guests To/From Anywhere On The Property & The Excellent Helpful Valet & Bell Staff Are Very Efficient.

There's SO MUCH More I Could Comment OnIn A Glowing Light: The 3-Indoor/Outdoor Heated Swimming Pools/Fitness Center/Spa, Rock Climbing Wall, Kids Programs, Yoga & Tai Chi Classes, Lounges, Nightclub, Lovely Gardens, The Ever-Present Landscaping & Maintenance Staffs, Horseback Riding Stables, 2-Professional 18-Hole Golf Courses, Indoor/Outdoor Tennis Courts, Hiking Trails, Snow Skiing/Snowboarding . . . But I'll Let You Read Some Other's Reviews. . . &/or Go To See For Yourself.

Room Tip: We Splurged With The Premier Suite That Had Bedroom, Bathroom, Mini-Bar Area, Livingroom, & Pati...
2  Thank Adventur

After reading your review of our property, all I can say is THANK YOU! I am overwhelmed by all of your wonderful compliments of our Resort. I will be sure to share this review with Jan and Beth, as I know they both take much pride in their positions and will be happy to here the compliments.
Thank you again for the glowing review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

IT was very enjoyable, out of the mainstream of town, but not too far away. Very relaxing, great service. everything very clean. Stayed during the week so not busy. Found ourselves not wanting to leave to do things, really liked the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Read the trip advisor advise beforehand . It was great,stayed in building 4 on the lakeside. It was...
2  Thank kayakdeb2

Thank you so much for your review and the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed the outdoor pool.
We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This resort really does things right and we always enjoy our frequent visits there.
The rooms are updated, clean and they are pet friendly which we love. There's really something for everyone to do here from fitness, tennis, indoor/outdoor pool, dining, etc. I like the fact that they have a lodge nearby with a water park that attract kids and families since we do not care for resorts over run with screaming kids! When staying there during "wedding season" it can get loud but you can't control what happens at your neighbors anywhere! The only thing is that upon making reservations this time, we were not told about the resort fee. While we have no problem with this and understand this is becoming the norm, it should be told.

Room Tip: We only choose the rooms overlooking the golf course!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for all of compliments and great review! I very much appreciate candid reviews and will address the reservations department to be sure to mention the resort fee during the reservation process.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The room was very clean and we too loved the TV in the bathroom mirror. We loved the view outside and enjoyed peaceful mornings on the balcony. Now lets talk about the bed. I have never stayed anywhere that the bed was MORE comfy then mine. I would have strapped it to my car if know one would have noticed. But I'm sure the resort staff would have. The staff at the Grand Geneva our the most friendliness and accommodating staff I have seen in a LONG time. Every one of them greeted you even if only in passing. Some even asked "How can I make your stay better?" That is service you don't see anymore. Thanks Grand Geneva for a Grand stay and a special memory with my husband before he deployed overseas.

Room Tip: The lakeside view rooms are worth the little extra you pay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am happy that you and your husband had a chance to getaway before he was deployed. Best of luck to you both during, what I'm sure is a difficult time. Thank you for the compliments on our staff, they strive to make every guest experience Grand!

P.S. We get our mattresses at Verlo

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

As always the Grand Geneva knows how it is done. For our anniversary my husband and I stayed for 4 nights and loved every minute of this peaceful retreat close to home. Service at the front desk is always professional yet courteous. Our room was clean and kept well and the view from our patio overlooking the lake and 18th green was serene. We used the pool were the water was a perfect temperature and the staff was always right there with a drink or towel or some refreshing little complimentary snack or cold towelette. The golf course was amazing and very well kept. Dinner at the Chophouse delicious and the service top notch! We really appreciated the new Geneva Club which was extra but we'll worth the cost for a complimentary breakfast, soda and water all day and 1/2 price drinks. Well worth the upsell. Amazing as always and we will definitely return as soon as possible.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom M, Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Happy Anniversary! I am so thrilled that you choose to make Grand Geneva part of your celebration. Thank you for all of the compliments! I am happy to hear the you enjoyed the Geneva Club, it truly is a great value to upgrade your stay. I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed there in the fall of 2013. Day of checkout noticed the mattress had a stain that looked like someone spilled an entire bottle of wine. When I mentioned it , they said they were changing out mattresses over time. Still, someone pulled a sheet over a filthy mattress rather than throw it away. Who knows how long that stain was there.
Gave them another chance in May 2014. Pulled open the covers, and it was obvious the sheets had not been changed. Also, a menu and an extra pillow case were under the covers and debris on the carpet. Won't stay there again. Any hotel should, at a minimum, be clean. Too bad, because it was a good getaway spot being so close to Chicago.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Guy C
Tom M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thanks for giving us a second chance. I am sorry for the housekeeping conditions during your stay. I have shared your feedback with my team here, so we can improve upon the service you received. We strive to provide excellent service and cleanliness for all our guests and it sounds like we did not live up to those standards during your stay. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback to us.

Regards,