“Excellent Resort & Business Conference Center”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Bellingham, Washington
“Excellent Resort & Business Conference Center”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We've used the Grand Geneva for the last 6 years to conduct week long leadership development programs. The facility staff is great; the meeting rooms are excellent; the food is great; the recreational spa facility is first class and the location is terrific - about half way between Chicago and Madison, WI.

It is designed for: a) families with kids; b) recreational vacations (golf is fabulous); and c) business conferences of all sizes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife (Vicki) and I were to a wedding in Lake Geneva. To avoid a late night drive home, we booked a Friday night at The Grand Geneva. We had a really nice room overlooking the green of the Brute Gold Course. We also had spare Playboy Mugs and drink stirrers that we donated to this former Playboy Club. Hurry and see Ed the forever bartender who actually worked at The Playboy Club. It was a great experience and was topped off by a sumptuous French Toast and Eggs Benedict breakfast. We enjoyed everything about it and especially Linda at that breakfast, even though she is a Bears fan.
Could not rave any further without seeming to be a paid advertiser.

Room Tip: Try for a view of the gold course. The ducks or geese fly by often. The greens keeper takes his Bl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Joseph,
Thank you so much for your review of our property. We received the mugs and are proudly displaying them in our Playboy History Case in the lobby. We love embracing our history and are so glad that you contributed to our collection.
West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were on the waiting list for the Mother's Day Buffet & we were "squeezed" in at 2:30. When we arrived, half the banquet room was empty. We definitely were rushed by our server, she gave us our bill before any of us even started dessert. The chef's at the stations were very friendly, but some of the unmanned stations were not being re-fillled. The singers ended at 3 pm and started to eat as well. Overall very disappointing for the price, afterwards we decided to walk around the property and saw a buffet in the chophouse that seemed to be going strong and looked great. All 5 of us looked through the windows and wished we would have been advised or even offered to go there. My main comment, please don't seat people at 2:30 when the buffet ends at 3:00, we were not happy with the experience and most likely will never return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank rkonstanz
Tom M, General Manager at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for joining us for Mother's Day Brunch. I am so sorry the experience was not what you were hoping for and that you were rushed through your meal, especially on a day to recognize and appreciate the special Mom's out there. I have shared your feedback about the late afternoon seatings with our food and beverage team. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience. I do hope you will be able to join us again sometime soon!

Best Regards,
Managing Director
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 8, 2014

What a perfect getaway for our anniversary. We were greeted by the front desk with champagne (or tea, if we preferred) and valet service parked our car and took everything up to our room. We had a fabulous dinner at the Chophouse, which was pricey but filling and everything was made so well. Our server asked if we were celebrating anything special, so we told him it was our anniversary, and he offered us a complimentary champagne toast to start our meal, placed a rose on our table and gave us a free dessert at the end. We were charmed. After the meal, we sat outside by a grand fireplace, sipped our drinks, and let the world melt away. It was perfect.

But then it got better. The next day we went horseback riding on the grounds and afterwards we were given great directions into town where we went on a lake cruise which gave the often colorful histories of the homes located on the lake. The concierge Jan was so wonderful and also pointed out a walking trail along the lakes that goes through the backyards of many of these estates. It was as interesting to see the homes up close as to look over beautiful Lake Geneva. Jan also recommended a dinner spot in town, Sprechers, which we also enjoyed.

However, one of the most elegant parts of our stay was our $45 upgrade to the Geneva Club. The morning after our first night, we purchased the upgrade, and with it received breakfast in a key-card access only lounge (it was great--smoked salmon, breakfast potatoes, sausage, eggs with some corn salsa, organic teas, a keurig-style coffee maker for custom lattes and cappuccinos, and of course pastries and such). We also went in for an afternoon tea with cookies and breads, which was lovely. We played games by the fireplace, and because we stayed on a Sunday-Monday in May, we were the only ones using it, I think. In the evenings, there's a happy hour with hors d'oeuvre, free beer and wine and half off of drinks. We didn't get there in time for the freebies, but when we did get there, we still received half off all drinks, and the servers in the lounge were so sweet.

I'm trying to think if there's anything they could improve on, and well, it would be nice if the spa had a hot tub and sauna for men and women, but it wouldn't discourage us from returning. We're already planning to return. Thank you everyone who made our stay so memorable. I almost cried to leave.

Room Tip: Close to the lobby is nice, and lakeview is gorgeous.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jms18uga
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2014

When we were looking for a weekend getaway from Chicago, we chose the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa because it is dog-friendly.

Room:
Our room was clean, spacious and accurately represented on the website. The mini-fridge was a decent size and actually kept our drinks cold. Room service is available.
The bathroom was modern and featured amenities from the WELL Spa and Salon. An added bonus was the television in the bathroom mirror.

Staff:
The resort made a good impression on me even before checking in. A few days prior to my stay, I was contacted by the concierge inquiring whether I had any questions/concerns or needed recommendations for anything. The concierge was very helpful and provided me with all the information I needed. The front desk staff were also nice as well.

Resort:
The Grand Geneva adds a $15 resort fee per night which includes wireless internet throughout the property, valet parking, 2 complimentary bottles of water, free local calls and access to the fitness center. An indoor and outdoor pool are also available.
Dogs under 25lbs are allowed at the resort for an additional $35 fee per night which includes a doggie welcome package.
The grounds were beautifully maintained, peaceful and provided a number of areas to just sit and relax.
For golf players, Grand Geneva is home to The Brute, one of Wisconsin’s best and most challenging golf courses. (I’m not a golfer but my husband played the golf course and was quite pleased.)

Location:
The resort is located about 5 minutes from Lake Geneva town. Even though it is close to town, you cannot walk to town as there are no pedestrian walkways but a free shuttle service is provided for guests. Since the grounds are also huge there is free transport via a trolley or van within the resort.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay at Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. I felt that my dog was treated as a welcome guest and would recommend the resort to anyone looking for a quick weekend trip in the Midwest. For more details as well as pictures check out http://www.thetravelsisters.com/hotel-review-grand-geneva-resort-and-spa-lake-geneva-wisconsin/.

Room Tip: Book a Deluxe Lakeview King rather than a Courtside room. The courtside rooms directly face the par...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your thorough and wonderful review of our Resort. I am so happy that you and you dog enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit!
chicago
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We just returned from another wonderful experience from our stay at The Grand Geneva. Every time we go I truly feel every employee we run into is doing everything they can to make sure we are having the best time ever! We went with our family over Christmas break and my kids had a great time with all the extra activities they had. We were excited to go back over Spring Break and now I'm so glad we did! Stefanie treated us like royalty when we checked in and the concierge came right up to welcome us to the resort and was so sweet talking to my younger kids. Every time we stay at the Grand Geneva our expectations our exceeded. We can't wait for our next visit...we are never disappointed!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mochua
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Grand Geneva has the highest rating possible from me and my husband. We stayed here for the last night of our honeymoon. I'm not a golfer, but my husband is. Prior to the stay I called to inquire about a tee time and spoke with Ricky in the clubhouse. When he asked about my time preference I explained the reason for the trip and asked for his thought on a tee time. He was very helpful in explaining the course and what I needed to know.

The day of check in: Checked in and then went to the clubhouse. Ricky greeted my husband and recognized our recent nuptials. We were both amazed that Ricky recalled the information. When we went to get our cart, Spencer greeted us and after we stated our names, he also acknowledged our recent wedding. A bit later, Eric did the same when we were ready to tee off. When the beverage cart came around, she also (unfortunately I do not recall her name!) made mention of our nuptials. We could not believe that all of the staff seemed to have been made aware of our recent wedding. The course (Brute) was amazing. Again, I'm not the golfer, but my husband stated several times it was a great course, especially so early in the season. The GPS on the carts were a great feature.

After finishing our 18 holes, we went back to our jr suite, which was overlooking the course. There were chocolate covered strawberries, sparkling wine, and a note from Megan N stating congratulations on our recent nuptials. My husband and I were speechless. We had stayed several other locations and this was by far the best customer service we received on our honeymoon. I was honestly expecting this to be a fun day at the golf course and didn't realize what an amazing stay this would be for us. I cannot say enough about how well we were treated on our stay. We have been telling all of our family and friends about the amazing staff here. I can't say enough about Ricky and the rest of the staff at the club house. How we were treated/our experience speaks volumes about the customer service at the resort/course. Instead of just being "a last fun day of our honeymoon" it became the "best stay of our honeymoon."

The room--amazing....the tv built into the mirror in the bathroom--pretty cool....the staff--outstanding. The general manager and all managerial staff should be very pleased with their staff. And a HUGE thank you to Ricky...you were the start of an amazing experience for us. We look forward to coming back every year....you have started us on a tradition of having the Grand Geneva be an annual trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking a course.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina B
Hi Tina,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our resort. We strive as a team to deliver the best in customer service and it makes me very proud of our staff to hear stories like yours. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.
Congratulations on the recent nuptials!