We had a 2 night stay here for our anniversary. Wanted to do a quick trip away while still being close to home. On check in we received an upgrade to one of the rooms that have a fireplace and bar. We also received a welcome glass of champagne. Since it was our anniversary, they delivered chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne to our room-nice touch. We planned on skiing that day, but since it was so cold, we never did get to the mountain. We did try out snowshoeing though-we could rent them for $25 for 2 hours. We went hiking on their trail which only took about a half hour so we hiked around the property and through one of the golf courses. Good walk! We found the outdoor ice skating rink which was nice, but didn't have time for that either since the weather was pretty bad during our stay. It was a cute covered area though and they have ice skates and sleds for rent as well (had a good sledding hill.) We took the shuttle bus to the waterpark on the property so we could check that out and have lunch there. The waterpark looked cute, but the restaurant wasn't open due to being low season. We ended eating lunch at the restaurant in the main building-great service and food. They had a nice indoor pool area and hot tub-quite large. The pool water was nice and warm. My husband booked me a massage at their Well Spa on the property. Great massage and great amenities in the spa. The massage was more pricey than normal places, but usually find that at resorts. They also had indoor tennis facilities (which looked nice) and a rock wall that I didn't see. The beds were very comfortable. The only suggestion for the hotel would be to put a microwave in those nicer rooms, especially since there is a bar area with a fridge. We went to dinner at the Chophouse in the main building. It was excellent! Again, a tad on the pricey side, but the steak was excellent. I also would recommend the creamed spinach. With our stay we had access to their Geneva Club-the keyed access only area where they had a good breakfast, afternoon tea/snacks/ and hord'oerves from 5-7pm. The tea time I could take or leave, but breakfast and hord'oerves were excellent! There were free non-alcoholic beverages at those times and half off glasses of wine. In that room they have several seating options with lots of tvs, a huge fireplace to sit by, or you could use their ipads if you requested them. Was a wonderful stay away from our 3 kids. We are used to going further away on a yearly basis, but having a newborn at home didn't allow it to be possible this time. We'd go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois