FKA Hugh Hefner's Lake Geneva Playboy Club opened in 1968 - on 1300 acres - it is a beautiful sight to behold. Two golf courses, 3 restaurants, pool area, etc.
My husband and I went there for an extended stay over the 4th of July. - They hold the local fireworks show right there at the resort - which is awesome, but all the townspeople come into the resort for the show as well.
Live music some nights
Drinks were made well
Restaurants- food was well prepared and delicious
Staff was helpful and friendly
Small TV embedded in the BR mirror
Lost our reservation the first night so they put us in a standard double bed room - we had reserved the King Suite.
*We could feel the springs through the mattress and noticed they just had a flimsy feather comforter under the fitted sheet to supposedly help - well, it didn't.
Seems you have to go to whichever bar and buy your first drink before a wait staff will wait on you.
Decor throughout the hallways and stairs is dated. Plan to use the stairs throughout your stay as well - not really any other options.
Pool area is much too small for the number of guests staying at the resort. With people hoarding or saving seats - you will have to just stand and wait until someone is willing to relinquish their spot - and plan to move quick too or you'll lose it to another poor soul desperately waiting just like you. There's a pool bar area but with only a dozen stools - that's not an option either.
Basic Cable - did not seem like HD quality.
*When we got to our King Suite that was priced considerably higher (Around $399/night) than what the Deluxe Guest Suite would have been - we saw the same decor, same bathroom, same everything- no fireplace - except that it had a king size instead of 2 twin beds...and, this one at least, had a golf course view which was a nicer view than the one they had to place us in the first night. But the mattress was just as uncomfortable as the other and the pillows were even standard size pillows - which may seem like no big deal - but at over $300 per night, you're hoping for a little upper class bedding with all the comforts that it can offer - NOT HERE.
So you're paying for the amenities on and throughout the resort...everything on the resort except for the pool, will cost you a pretty penny. Drinks about $10 each
All in all, we enjoyed our stay - but much of it was off the resort. We won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Geneva® Resort is the place to meet. Whether a corporate meeting, convention or a gathering with friends and family, the endless range of meeting rooms & space and activities will keep everyone engaged. Conveniently located between Chicago and Milwaukee, there is so much to do at Lake Geneva’s only four diamond resort.Corporate travelers and families alike will find what they need to re-focus, relax or rev-up. With over 62,000 square feet of banquet space, guests have multiple options to choose from for that important business meeting, church retreat, wedding reception or family vacation. Or take time and enjoy a relaxing experience at the newly renovated WELL Spa or one of many dining options, while an indoor waterpark and kid’s program offer the excitement kids crave. Enjoy a group bonfire at the horse stables, a fast plunge down a ski hill, a serene walk through the trails or a drive down a fairway on two championship golf courses – all situated on Grand Geneva’s seemingly endless acres.No matter your reason for meeting….it’s all here in one Grand location in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Geneva Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Geneva Resort And Spa
- Grand Geneva Hotel Lake Geneva
- Grand Geneva Lake
- Lake Geneva Illinois