“A nice affordable getaway”

Grand Geneva Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last weekend and loved everything the spa had to offer. It was very relaxing. They had a great special for a Sunday night ($45/night + resort fees). Be sure to sign up on their website to get on their email list. We're already talking about going back soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,239)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Grand Geneva. They put us in an accessible room without me even asking because they saw that I use a cane. The room was lovely overlooking the lake and golf course. The bathroom was just perfect with all the right handrails especially in the tub. We had a fabulous prime rib buffet dinner on Saturday night that was a great value. We live an hour away and will consider coming up for just the buffet in the coming months. The staff were amazing from check-in, at the pool, in the restaurant. Another plus was that in the indoor pool & hot tub, they have a handicap lift for those who can not use the stairs. I think it will be a perfect place to take my Mom , since she can't do stairs any longer. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Should you need an accessible room request it. The room we had was close to the main lobby and that...
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I booked the Grand Geneva for a stay and play weekend with friends and the experience was great! The golf courses were in perfect shape, (we played the Brute and the Highlands) the staff at the course was very friendly and accomodating, and the dining experience at the steakhouse was fantastic. The steaks were perfect and the wine list had something for everyone. The staff could not have been more friendly and accomodating as the group was having a great time and we were lost in conversation during our 2 1/2 hour meal and they kept everything moving smoothly. I had a lakeview room with a beautiful view of the 18th hole of the golf course and the water right outside the balcony. Very Relaxing and fun weekend!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at this resort 10-12 May, taking our family for a short break while we visited them in Chicago from the UK. Given we'd travelled over 4000 miles to get there and made the reservation months ago to be sure of getting good rooms overlooking the lake, we were astounded to find the lakeview rooms overlook NOT Lake Geneva but a pond in the hotel grounds. This hotel is not on Lake Geneva and is a couple of miles from the town of Lake Geneva. The website is very misleading, and the member of staff at check-in rudely pointed out that thinking the hotel is on the lake is a "popular misconception" - so why don't they clarify the situation??? I still feel really let down about this - we could have stayed near a pond anywhere in the world.
However, we determined not to let it spoil things and made the most of a disappointing location. Apart from this we had a good time and the resort is very well run and the staff very helpful. I was particularly impressed at how helpful they were with the children - both in the restaurants and when I needed a quick snack to take to our rooms before afternoon naps were needed. The children loved the swimming and the pony rides.
I'm sure readers will enjoy the resort, but don't go to this resort if you're expecting a view of Lake Geneva.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ted45
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My husband and I just spent a fabulous weekend playing golf with the "Stay and play free" package. This was the first time we had been to the Grand Geneva and would definitely come back and recommend it to anyone. The hotel was awesome and beautiful. Our room had an awesome view and was very clean. Bed was very comfy. We felt like we never needed to leave the resort for anything. Plus it was our anniversary and we were left chocolate covered strawberries in our room. The staff was great at hotel and at golf course. We loved it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I came to the resort for business, and was excited to stay at the Grand Geneva Resort & Spa. Unfortunately, the facilities and customer did not meet my expectations. My first room (keep reading) had a nice view and was decently equipped. It was definitely not a luxury hotel, but okay nonetheless. Since it's a working trip, the room amenities aren't as important because my time in the room is limited...or so I thought. The second morning I woke up to find ants in the bathroom. No problem, right? Wrong! I killed one ant and more came to rescue him while I showered. Then when I went to put on my shoes, which were near the bed in the carpeted area, they were covered with ants. When I looked down the floor was covered! Ants around my computer bag and another small bag that had some jewelry. I was shocked, especially since I hadn't eaten a thing, not even a piece of candy in the room. I went to the front desk and was immediately given another room. After my daily conference obligations, I went to move my stuff to my new room. It was somewhat nicer because it was larger. However, I'm not sure that it was cleaned. If so, they missed a lot of hair in the bathroom and some urine around the toilet and wall area near the toilet. In short, it had an interesting smell. I didn't want to move rooms again, so I ignored the smell. Then the next day I noticed this room had ants too, not quite the infestation in the other one, enough to make it clear that they need an exterminator. I also inadvertently left some a couple of items in my first room. I called the front desk and they couldn't help. I contacted security and they were supposed to call me after speaking with housekeeping. Twelve hours later I hadn't heard a thing. So, I went back to the front desk and had the pleasure of encountering a snide fellow that was clearly inconvenienced because he had to help me. He also insinuated that I may not have left the items in the room. He wouldn't call the room either. Honestly, I was shocked they put anyone in there because of the ant swarm. I requested a manager, and she was marginally more helpful. She didn't at all seem concerned with the fact that no one responded to my issue earlier. It must be par for the course.

Even aside from the horrible rooms and customer service issues, the hallways are dirty and don't smell very fresh. And the restaurant options are too limited for a resort this size. Absent a makeover and new employees, I will never stay here again, nor will I recommend it to my traveling friends. I guess I need to find someplace that values their customers and is actually clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank legaldiva2002
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a relaxing and fun weekend up there for a bachelor party. Everyone on staff congratulated the bachelor. We would definitely return for a fun time. The spa was also excellent and service was incredible in all facets of the resort.